The time has come to cut Devante Parker (post June 1) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The time has come to cut Devante Parker (post June 1)

The problem is, his injuries are often hamstring related and when he tries to play on it, he ends up reaggravating it and it leads to longer absences. The story of his NFL career to be honest.

But I agree there is just no incentive to do anything right now with Parker but stay on schedule and hope he can overcome the injuries and bring back some of that 2019 magic. You just can't build a roster depending on him to be the #1 receiver and presumably available.
Injured, he still makes a lot of plays. I looked up his yardage earlier for another thread and he rated 39th (and was paid 25th highest), and that was an injured year. If we could use him less, we'd probably get the healthy Parker more often. (btw... he reminds me of Eric Davis the retired Red. He always had hammy injuries too).

He just doesn't make that much. His actual base salary is average for the position and age of the player, and as I've said... he's good in the club house and a good mentor-- a Van Noy, if you will.

AFTER we bring in a couple of rookies and they start to play better than he does... THEN we can move on... say in 2022 or 2023.

I sure wouldn't lose any sleep if Miami did cut Parker, but I highly doubt they will do that.

It's a situation where if we see the tweet flash across saying he's cut . . . most will understand why. It just doesn't make sense to see that tweet at this stage as #1 Miami needs to prove they can field better skill guys and #2 Despite his injury history . . . that age and contract more than suggests you can get something in a trade for him.

A $9M cap savings, and only $3M dead money. Miami needs to look themselves in the mirror and revamp their WR corps. I love Parker, have bene advocate, but cap flexibility, dependability and time has worn me out and I'm sure others. Miami should and could be in the market for a WR in free agency, and of course 2-3 in their first 4 picks. Production vs Salary is inverted

Is this going to be another one of those threads in which you accuse anyone who disagrees with you of loving mediocrity?

How about it?

Look them up. They aren't hard to find. Not out of line with other receivers, on average.

I'm on a cell, and a bit busy, or I would link it for you.
And percentages of snaps played for a WR can be deceiving too because no WR plays anywhere close to 100% of the snaps. A healthy WR is probably around 85% or a little higher

Additionally, the post 6/1 cut doesn't make the additional $5.4mm dead cap disappear. It just kicks the can down the road a little.

You’d be able to trade Dvp at that cost before you’d have to cut him anyways.

he’s dirt money for a vet wr. Probably get a 3rd round return be my guess

But without him you got nothing right now so timing wise don’t make any sense.

Parker isn't as big of a bum as Grant but I wouldn't care if he wasn't on the team next season. Frankly, I want to see a whole new receiving core.

And percentages of snaps played for a WR can be deceiving too because no WR plays anywhere close to 100% of the snaps. A healthy WR is probably around 85% or a little higher
Exactly. There aren't many who play even that on a consistant year to year basis.

Parker's contract is pretty team friendly. I wouldn't cut him.

In fact, I would love to see what Parker can do going up against #2 corners if the team drafts a true #1.

Back
Top Bottom