The time has come to cut Devante Parker (post June 1) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The time has come to cut Devante Parker (post June 1)

Parker, and Giseki were pretty hot targets for Fitz for sure. Tua was put in a bit too early to start, but at the end of the day it gave the dolphins the necessary data needed to see where Tua was in his development. Had Fitz been playing all season long I am pretty sure Parkers numbers would have been over 1k again.

I think a lot of people don't realize Hurns came in at the start of camp and was basically WR2, neck and neck with Preston statistically. . . except he caught targets at a higher clip than Preston. They also extended him.

Just feel like there is more love for Hurns amongst the team than there is amongst the fans and with there being no cap savings benefit, unlike in the situations with Wilson/Grant . . . he will get a chance to stick.

But yea clearly Parker is WR1 currently and Miami isn't going to jettison him even if they brought in 4 new guys.

I think a lot of people don't realize Hurns came in at the start of camp and was basically WR2, neck and neck with Preston statistically. . . except he caught targets at a higher clip than Preston. They also extended him.

Just feel like there is more love for Hurns amongst the team than there is amongst the fans and with there being no cap savings benefit, unlike in the situations with Wilson/Grant . . . he will get a chance to stick.

But yea clearly Parker is WR1 currently and Miami isn't going to jettison him even if they brought in 4 new guys.

Stability in other positions affects others. Sewell will get drafted number 3 overall, our offensive line will reshuffle, and we might have a surprise in the draft later rounds.

So let’s see cut Parker, and draft 3 high round pick WR’s. When all is said and done you would be lucky if 2 of them are better than Parker. Best case you get one better than Parker one that might be as good as Parker from time to time and one that is a bust. Worst case none of the 3 ever put up a year like Parker did in 2019. Cutting him to sign a FA with his ability is going to cost up to a third more money just to get them here. Sound like a great way to manage the cap to me.

A $9M cap savings, and only $3M dead money. Miami needs to look themselves in the mirror and revamp their WR corps. I love Parker, have bene advocate, but cap flexibility, dependability and time has worn me out and I'm sure others. Miami should and could be in the market for a WR in free agency, and of course 2-3 in their first 4 picks. Production vs Salary is inverted
It will get reworked to be more team friendly. He'll it actually owes it to Miami after being hot garbage for so long. Him plus allen Robinson and draft a nice slot guy like later like Eskridge. Ddaaaaaaammmmmmm.

It's hard to believe that Miami won't strenuously work out Wilson and Hurns to see what's in the tank. If both retain their physical benchmarks in metrics then it's hard to justify cutting either. Maybe the rust wont show until theyre facing contact and get alligator-arms.
It's hard to cut either if they can play up to the best of their previous ability.

Agreed he is soft... Soft doesn't change. I'd say try and get a 5th or 6th for him but doubtful. Cut him, Grant, and Wilson. Use that money on Allen Robinson and still have money to fill out a couple spots on defense.

Save the DVP is anywhere close to Allen Robinson absolute horseshit... Also wouldn't mind keeping Hurns to run slot. Allen Robinson, healthy Williams with Hurns/Bowden in the slot is not bad pre draft. We go heavy offense in draft and hopefully come aways with 2 WR's in first 4 rounds

Parker is a very useful football player. You're not getting better for the price. So no.

We need our line to become solid. If we draft Sewell and use our second round on Marshall Jr I bet you parker will hit 1k and our second round receiver will end up doing better than smith or chase. Week 1 is going to be crazy. Seeing Sewell in aqua and making it to the pro bowl first season along with Parker. Tua will throw over 4k but no pro bowl.

I'm not the biggest Parker fan but the list of guys with his size, body control and hands is pretty short. The man can make some really difficult catches look easy. I was ready to give up on him before his breakout season and had a muted reaction to that contract he got. It is a team friendly deal though, and if hes going to be a solid #2 giving you ~1000 yds a year year 3 and 4 are going to look really good.

There's no reason to cut the man. That's what poorly run franchises do. If they really felt compelled to move on from him then they would look for a trade partner and I'm sure find quite a few interested ones.

These threads all have one thing in common... they want to cut average to good players who are under contract for speculation... They always assume the cap savings are higher than they actually are, and that rookies and Free Agents hit 100% of the time.

These brothers are sheep... they buy into whatever article they've read last.

#sad

Back
Top Bottom