The time has come to cut Devante Parker (post June 1) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The time has come to cut Devante Parker (post June 1)

We need our line to become solid. If we draft Sewell and use our second round on Marshall Jr I bet you parker will hit 1k and our second round receiver will end up doing better than smith or chase. Week 1 is going to be crazy. Seeing Sewell in aqua and making it to the pro bowl first season along with Parker. Tua will throw over 4k but no pro bowl.
I dont like Sewell at 3, like previously stated... One thing of note though, Sewell making the probowl could very well happen, but it wouldnt mean the Fins had a good enough OL...

Sign Robinson in FA, draft Waddle and keep Parker. AR becomes #1, DV starts year at #2, and JW at #3, By the mid to late season JW will be #2. If you also draft one of the top 3 running backs, then along with Gesiki, you have 5 guys that can catch the ball. Parker will be much better in this situation because AR and JW will get most of the attention of the defenders.

Sign Robinson in FA, draft Waddle and keep Parker. AR becomes #1, DV starts year at #2, and JW at #3, By the mid to late season JW will be #2. If you also draft one of the top 3 running backs, then along with Gesiki, you have 5 guys that can catch the ball. Parker will be much better in this situation because AR and JW will get most of the attention of the defenders.
Who's DV? DeVante Parker?

And JW? Is that Javonte Williams? Is it supposed to be Preston Williams?

ICFOWYTtS

(That's Lazy for "I can't figure out what you're trying to say.")

ICFOWYTtS

My god are you serious???? You can't figure out DV is Devante Parker? This thread is about him and it has been used numerous times throughout this thread. JW is Jaylen Waddle and should be able to easily figure out since Javonte Williams is a dang running back. Preston Williams is already on the team we wouldn't have to draft him. And you called me lazy?????????????????

ICFOWYTtS

My god are you serious???? You can't figure out DV is Devante Parker? This thread is about him and it has been used numerous times throughout this thread. JW is Jaylen Waddle and should be able to easily figure out since Javonte Williams is a dang running back. Preston Williams is already on the team we wouldn't have to draft him. And you called me lazy?????????????????
Let’s all just R-E-L-A-X

So we're going to cut $9M from the cap in order to add 12-15 for an "upgrade" in a WR heavy draft where we have 4 picks in the top 50? No thanks! I choose to add young cheap talent around him and spend some of that FA money elsewhere. We still have two of our better options from 2019 that were out for the better part of last year that are under contract.

I would put Parker in pen barring injury and Wilson, Williams in pencil. They'll draft a top wideout and and probably another with PR/KR abilities later on. They might sign a FA WR but I doubt it's big money. Everyone comes to camp and earns a spot.

If we have two more good targets than we had last year and can run the ball effectively the offence will be fine.

I might make Parker restructure because he clearly is hurt a lot. I think people forget how good Tua and Preston Williams were hooking up in the Arizona game prior to his injury that took him out for the year. That was a bad injury and we suffered for it on offense. Christian Wilkins has to be taught to stop jumping on everybody, he just may have caused that injury. Before he got hurt in the Zona game Williams was scalding their DBs on deep routes and they couldn't cover him without committing PI penalties. Add Smith, Waddle or Chase and then add another receiver later in the draft. We end up looking much better: #1 receiver-Smith #2-Parker #3-Williams, FA receiver, Wilson and maybe one more receiver makes the team. We get rid of some dead wood at receiver and bring in much better players. Also, the whole offense gets a shot in the arm because the team is going to draft a star RB.

Having said all that it wouldn't shock me if we did move on from Parker, not sure how the staff feels about him. I guess we'll find out.

WR was one of our biggest deficiencies last year and there's talk of cutting the best one we have before we even put another one in the room?
We don't need to cut Parker, we need to get him help. With a solid receiver opposite him I guarantee you that you see him flourish. He was covered constantly and still did great. Don't underestimate him, not many guys make Gilmore look like a rookie like he did.

Idiocy at its finest. Parker has played in 30 of his last 32 last games. The year before that he was a healthy scratch because of Gase and his mind games.
His money is a bargain and you won’t be able to find better at his price. He also put up 1200 yds last yr and would have put up another 1000 yd season if Fitz was his QB.
I can’t wait for FA as the boredom around here is really forcing some bad takes. Also he was the ONLY fin that showed up in Buffalo.

Idiocy at its finest. Parker has played in 30 of his last 32 last games. The year before that he was a healthy scratch because of Gase and his mind games.
His money is a bargain and you won’t be able to find better at his price. He also put up 1200 yds last yr and would have put up another 1000 yd season if Fitz was his QB.
I can’t wait for FA as the boredom around here is really forcing some bad takes. Also he was the ONLY fin that showed up in Buffalo.
He will have a good year next year. I liked how he looked in the buffalo game.

Back
Top Bottom