The Time To Shine For Linebacker Raekwon Mcmillan Is Now | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Time To Shine For Linebacker Raekwon Mcmillan Is Now

At this point we can only hope he improves on his 2018 campaign.

If not, it's just another hole to plug in 2020.

He's not "coming off an injury" at this point. I expect it has healed as much as it is ever going to, after 20 months.

That said, it was the mental part, as well as the physical, where he progressed in the second half of last year. I expect that to continue.

As far as it being a new scheme?

There is no way i can spin that as a bad thing. Burke was so horrible, that I expect it had a detrimental effect on all of our defensive players.

Lol..sure he's fully recovered! Lol, so he was playing fully recovered last season?

Agree, but I was responding to " I hate these expectations for players to go from mediocre to pro-bowl that next season"

I don't like 'no improvement,' but some expect too much - particularly from 2nd year players and rookies

I think our drafts and development have been so bad the last 20 years that we don't know what to expect from rookie and 2nd year players anymore.

There are plenty of rookies and 2nd year players that contribute effectively and substantially to their teams. I would argue most premier players "get it" by the end of their second season at the latest.

McMillan looks like he's going to go down as just another guy i.e. Koa Misi, Jelani Jenkins, etc.

I would love to be wrong though

There's also too many that want to give players 37 chances to "get it"

Coin has two sides.

I'd love to see the light come on for him this year. Of course, I'd have loved for it to happen last year too.
Agreed, you have to look at last year as his rookie year. A little experience goes a long way. Fingers crossed!

It’s a reset for these guys. Try to think of it that way.

Burke was baaaad, fellas. You should be excited to see what this coaching staff may be able to get out of them.

Lol..sure he's fully recovered! Lol, so he was playing fully recovered last season?
Not at the beginning. Thats not, at all, what I said.

Last year he was coming of an injury. This year, not so much.

Not sure why you would even argue the point.

The kid played what was basically his rookie season last year.

16 games. 105 tackles, 2 FF and no sacks. That's not a bad start to a career and If he moves those numbers up given that he's considered a middle "thumper" that would be super heading into his 2nd full year.

Personally thought he improved considerably as the year went on. That's a great sign, he'll need to continue his progression next season too. He's still obviously very young and finding his way but have hopes for him.

Personally thought he improved considerably as the year went on. That's a great sign, he'll need to continue his progression next season too. He's still obviously very young and finding his way but have hopes for him.

I agree, I noticed an obvious improvement during the second half of the season, which leads me to be hopeful that he will continue to progress.

I think our drafts and development have been so bad the last 20 years that we don't know what to expect from rookie and 2nd year players anymore.

There are plenty of rookies and 2nd year players that contribute effectively and substantially to their teams. I would argue most premier players "get it" by the end of their second season at the latest.

McMillan looks like he's going to go down as just another guy i.e. Koa Misi, Jelani Jenkins, etc.

I would love to be wrong though

Dude... he blew his knee out before his rookie season got started...last year was in essence his rookie year, and coming off that injury.

I think it’s more realistic to expect the real him this year, in a better schemed defense as opposed to negatively expecting what you stated.

Dude... he blew his knee out before his rookie season got started...last year was in essence his rookie year, and coming off that injury.

I think it’s more realistic to expect the real him this year, in a better schemed defense as opposed to negatively expecting what you stated.

I hope he proves me wrong. From what I've seen, i'm not impressed.

Hard to be impressed with that awful scheme Burke was running...

This was his scouting report on NFL.com when he was drafted:

"McMillan has too many issues standing his ground and leveraging his gap as an interior run defender and could end up outside in the pros. He might have benefited from playing alongside a slew of NFL talent, but he's active and plays the game with good instincts. He has the potential to become an average starter in the league."

This scout absolutely nailed it based on last season.

Back
Top Bottom