The Time To Shine For Linebacker Raekwon Mcmillan Is Now | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Time To Shine For Linebacker Raekwon Mcmillan Is Now

This was his scouting report on NFL.com when he was drafted:

"McMillan has too many issues standing his ground and leveraging his gap as an interior run defender and could end up outside in the pros. He might have benefited from playing alongside a slew of NFL talent, but he's active and plays the game with good instincts. He has the potential to become an average starter in the league."

This scout absolutely nailed it based on last season.
that is about the most inaccurate description of a player as it gets imo.

Raeqwon can stand anyone up at the gap, with ease, strength and leverage, swipe away with ease and make coach somebody, it’s what he can do..he has other weaknesses but standing his ground is not one of them.

This is the kind of player I do not bet against, the will, the leadership traits, the tremendous physical strength he possesses, he may not be the next Ray Lewis, but I think this player will be something we’re proud of.

that is about the most inaccurate description of a player as it gets imo.

Raeqwon can stand anyone up at the gap, with ease, strength and leverage, swipe away with ease and make coach somebody, it’s what he can do..he has other weaknesses but standing his ground is not one of them.

This is the kind of player I do not bet against, the will, the leadership traits, the tremendous physical strength he possesses, he may not be the next Ray Lewis, but I think this player will be something we’re proud of.

He got flushed out of plays and was caught out of position a lot last year. The scouting report said he was an average player and his performance last year didn't do anything but support it.

Look at his PFF grade:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/raekwon-mcmillan/11809

I would love for him to blossom into a stud mlb, but I don't see it.

He got flushed out of plays and was caught out of position a lot last year. The scouting report said he was an average player and his performance last year didn't do anything but support it.

Look at his PFF grade:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/raekwon-mcmillan/11809

I would love for him to blossom into a stud mlb, but I don't see it.
Yeah believe me, last year there were times where it looked like he was lost, including in camp, I was there and he was ailing and dragging the leg through practice.

During the season he looked lost as well..

However.. with this kind of human being, very very young, very motivated, and extremely strong, I think with him it’s just a matter of understanding the defense, getting 100 percent..

I just wouldn’t bet against him..if he fails ok I can live with it, but with his makeup I think he’s now ascending.

Back
Top Bottom