The Touchdown to Perry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Touchdown to Perry

Regulus

Super Donator
Reaction score
Why did we not try more of that this season? He looked very smooth and made a nice move to get open. A few of the smarter posters on this site said Perry could be a dangerous weapon if used properly. Instead we just ran a few gadget plays and stashed him on the bench.

Same thing I was thinking. That play was exactly what I envisioned from Tua and Perry when we drafted them...Perry's quick clever separation combined with Tua's touch.

Granted, the Bills didn't exactly play it like 4th and game in the Super Bowl. Perry isn't fast enough to often get that type of deep separation on the outside. I expected we would see Perry moved all around pre snap from running back to traditional slot sets, then sent off on that type of play where his instant burst caused problems.

And I really think Chad O'Shea would have utilized that type of thing. Instead Perry was either a gadget guy or flatfooted on the outside. Then once Bowden emerged Perry's role was demoted too far, IMO. Their skill sets are not identical.

Perry needs to get bigger and stronger without losing any of the burst

Other than the use of the TEs I don't think Gailey had a clue about what guys did well.

Actually that route was used a couple of times this year but this was the first time it worked.

Safety had it if he wanted it but he made a decision to stay healthy for the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom