The trade scenarios are unlimited | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The trade scenarios are unlimited

At no point in your OP did you suggest not Tua or Burrow at all. I threw in a trade down in my scenario.

If you’re going to be that restrictive with what you want to discuss...maybe try a monologue.

“I think we've all discussed the Burrow/Tua trades to death. Let's get more creative than that.”

Deductive reasoning is hard. I get it.

“I think we’ve talked about the Let’s get more creative than that.

“I think we've all discussed the Burrow/Tua trades to death. Let's get more creative than that.”

Deductive reasoning is hard. I get it.

“I think we’ve talked about the Let’s get more creative than that.

While I offered more than that, and included a creative trade-down option with our draft picks, I did discuss Tua as well. I was generally unaware that your posting guidelines would be so adamantly enforced. Sorry it didn't meet your standards.

In light of your dogma, I really can't understand why this thread isn't just teeming with responses. Perhaps it's because you've proven it's not all that hard to be a tool, either.

He makes a legit point. Here's the thing:

While I am absolutely convinced you need an excellent supporting cast around even the best QB to win a championship, I am also absolutely convinced that the team revolves around said QB.

In other words, if you have a QB you believe to be the guy, go get him. No matter what. Is that guy Tua? Maybe. Burrow? Maybe. Herbert? I hope not, but maybe.

I am personally of the opinion that if Miami wants Tua, he will be there at 5. The fact that there are no medicals before the draft makes the Tua acquisition riskier for everyone and probably cheaper for Miami. I said this a while ago, but what *I* would do if I was Grier is this. I'd get on the phone right now with Detroit. Today. And I'd say, "Hey! We're offering #5 and #39 to you for #3."

It's a fair offer, more valuable than San Diego's first two picks this year. And you lock up Burrow or Tua (unless Washington completely loses their minds and trades out of the #2 spot). Then draft the best tackle available at 18...and offer the #26 pick to a team looking to move back into the first round, trying to secure a couple Day 2 picks.

This is a tremendously deep draft at positions the Fins need. The key is to not spend too much to move up and get your QB if possible get a tackle...and then move down and get more 2nd-3rd round picks.

Dogma? Its internet forum 101 and you've been here nearly 2 decades. You have no excuse.

Your thread concerns Tua (off-topic,) who you'd take at pick #18 (off-topic,) and then 1 line about trading down (while offering no substance at all.) There were no players, positions, or trade partners identified. Amazing.

In response to your comment about my thread not getting much attention...I could really care less. Although I do think its obvious why that is - it started with a few likes and a "nice post," before the Tua crowd showed up. Pretty sure the forum hates you all (even those of us that love Tua) because you've been nothing but a cancer for the last year ever since it was clear we were going to be losing games.

Its funny you should mention the popularity of my post though after you took the time to dig up a 4 YEAR OLD post that you made about your predictions for the 2016 NFL Draft just to pat yourself on the back. Did that 1 comment make you feel good about yourself? Congratulations...let me know when you get that call from Grier!

Last edited:
I would absolutely give up a second to move ahead of the Bucs and get one of those top four tackles, should one fall that far. Coming out of the draft with a franchise QB, a franchise T and still having another first and a second is a great position.

I would absolutely give up a second to move ahead of the Bucs and get one of those top four tackles, should one fall that far. Coming out of the draft with a franchise QB, a franchise T and still having another first and a second is a great position.

Only in front of the Bucs, though? The more I read, the more I feel like none of the 4 will even last until the Bucs pick!

Most mocks I've seen have them all gone by the Jets pick at 11. Some mocks even have the Bucs trading up...so we might have to trade higher to secure 1 of these 4 guys. I think the dream scenario for me is to get Wills or Wirfs in a trade up to like 7-9 range. I don't know how realistic that is though.

What I think is the most realistic situation is that Beckon or Thomas is sitting there at #9 and we jump in front of Cleveland and the Jets. If its between the 2 of them...I hope we go for Beckon. Just look at this guy!

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/28/mekhi-becton-pushes-truck-blocking-sled-browns-draft/

Dogma? Its internet forum 101 and you've been here nearly 2 decades. You have no excuse.

Your thread concerns Tua (off-topic,) who you'd take at pick #18 (off-topic,) and then 1 line about trading down (while offering no substance at all.) There were no players, positions, or trade partners identified. Amazing.

In response to your comment about my thread not getting much attention...I could really care less. Although I do think its obvious why that is - it started with a few likes and a "nice post," before the Tua crowd showed up. Pretty sure the forum hates you all (even those of us that love Tua) because you've been nothing but a cancer for the last year ever since it was clear we were going to be losing games.

Its funny you should mention the popularity of my post though after you took the time to dig up a 4 YEAR OLD post that you made about your predictions for the 2016 NFL Draft just to pat yourself on the back. Did that 1 comment make you feel good about yourself? Congratulations...let me know when you get that call from Grier!

You’re missing the entire point.

I neither need nor want to make excuses for talking about whatever I want to in “your” thread.

My “apology” to you was sarcasm. I’ll label that a little more clearly for you next time.

Regarding my bringing up the draft post? Nobody was more surprised than me, because I’m a self-professed moron. But at least I’m not an ***hole.

I’ve genuinely been pretty civil until this point. But if you’re going to be this much of a tool, maybe either start your own message board or do your research a little more closely about who the cancer is.

And I genuinely wanted to talk about any trade scenario that wasn't for Burrow or Tua. Thank you for your wonderful contribution here.

Last edited:
Wow I can mute the stubborn and ignorant for all eternity? This truly is Fin "heaven!" :lol:

Wish I found the ignore feature sooner. Good riddance "GOAT"

Back
Top Bottom