The Trades | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Trades

Trade Ronnie who is poised for a breakout year and start a 30 year old Ricky fulltime and cound on Bush to be our future back????? Now I know ur either on Crack or working for the Pansies, Jills, or the Jerks.

The Ronnie trade was for Poluzny not Bush and I would trade Ronnie for Poluzny any day of the week. I don't see Ronnie ever going to a pro bowl. He is good but not great. On the other hand, I could see Poluzny in many pro bowls in years to come, not only that he is gifted athletically and extremely football smart. He has "The Right Stuff". He can make an impact as a rookie.
As far as the Sammie suspension, that was a real cheap shot. He was suspended for Psuedephed that his doctor prescribed for a sinus infection.
As far as chambers for Drew Stanton or Levi Brown. We need a young QB, everybody knows that, it's going to cost us. As far as Bush goes, maybe your right, Bryan Leonard or Kenny Irons might be better. As far as Booker goes he only has one more year on his contract and he is getting up there. Our offense sucks! We might as well go young. As far as our offense goes it needs to be more explosive.

I hope you don't change you're screen name when R.Brown is in the Pro-Bowl. By the way thank god you don't work for the Dolphins. But I do belive Spielman and Wanstach are looking for a sidekick why don't you send them your resume.

I'm pretty sure trading all those players would destroy our cap space.

Have you been chilling and smoking the good **** with Ricky dude? The only slight possibilty is that we draft Ginn. Your other ideas are not logical based on the talent you want to trade away and the cap implications for each player traded.

Perhaps even worse than wanting to trade Ronnie Brown and then hoping Michael Bush is the answer is wanting to trade Kevin Carter or Will Allen and Vernon Carey for Arizona's 2nd round pick. I think someone needs to pay better attention to what's going on. Vernon Carey was not only our best offensive lineman, but is developing into one of the best RT's in the league. He alone is worth more than Arizona's 2nd round pick.

I also wouldn't trade Will Allen. Personally I think people tend to be overly critical of DB's. For the most part, Allen played pretty well. Yes, he had breakdowns and inconsistancy at times. But people act like no one has ever caught a pass on Champ Bailey either, and that's far from the truth. Quite often you see free agents play quite a bit better their second year on their new team, as they often feel more comfortable. I think Allen is one of those that can.

Keep yor day job buddy you have no idea what you're talking about.
Oh my god. If I went back to the day I started thinking I don't know that I would find a statement truer than this one during these twenty-some years. Stopped reading when you mentioned the Ronnie Brown trade. OMG.

I understand the frustration and wanting to do something totally radical to get out of our funk these past number of years. But what you are proposing can't happen for so many reasons. Cap implications would kill us for the next 2-3 years. We'd be spending 2-4 years developing all these rookies (assuming they all turn out to be great NFL players) before getting decent results (I don't see leadership, let alone the fans being patient enough to endure 3-4 more years of 3 to 6 win seasons). Miami would have an extremely difficult time signing ANY free agents or draft picks, for that matter. Why? Because once they see that we have no loyalty/care for them as players, regardless of who they are, they'll never want to play for a team who'll trade them at the drop of a hat. Even the math on what you plan on getting for what we are trading away is way off. In your scenario, we're practically giving away some of our better players for this year's draft. I think you are mistaking the "need to improve" with "desperation". Even Oakland who is desperate, would not consider such moves. Sorry, nice try, but not even in the realm of possibility.

Will Allen is a real good corner but can we afford him and Asante Samuel? Will Allen is great against the run and a decent pass defender but he can't catch a cold. Vernon Carey is good and he would have to be a viable starter for the trade to happen but we are knee deep in RG's come next year. That was supposed to be Mckinnie's job when Hadnot moved to center. Isn't that also where Joe Toledo is projected to play? We just can't use all these guys, we can afford to do the trade to get Drew Stanton and we don't have a LT if mcIntosh isn't retained and he probably won't be. Left Tackle is a glaring need and ***ency doesn't look good. It's doubtful Spragan returns, we don't have an OLB to replace him,Pope plays inside, that is also a glaring need. These things have to be taken care of or we won't improve.

In view of the dire need for our 20th ranked offense to be overhauled I offer these hypothetical trades. I believe these trades are possible because of a great strength that the Dolphins have going into next year. A tremendous strength being mostly ignored by fan and pundit alike. The talent,potential,and experience that is returning to the Dolphins next year from IR and suspension is huge! This gives us the wherewithal to obtain first day draft picks by packaging second day picks with high dollar players we want to move and other teams are desperate for. Besides with all the talent returning, there is a good chance that most if not all of our second day picks wouldn't make our team let alone have any impact. Any secondary player would have to beat out Travis Daniels,Will Poole, and Shirdonya Mitchell just to make the team or practice squad. DLineman have to beat out the Wright boys,just to make the team,RB's have to beat out Ricky Williams and Sammie Morris assuming we do resign him. OL...Seth Mckinney,Bennie Anderson.Joe Toledo,Jeno James. WE DON'T NEED 2nd DAY PICKS. Assuming we sign an excellent CB in FA, these are the trades:

Chris Chambers and our 4th round pick for Oakland's 2nd rounder and we could offer them more if we had to but not our 3rd. This is #33
Ronnie Brown and our 6th for Green Bay's 1st rounder. We could send Booker as well if they wanted him. This is #16 I believe.
Kevin Carter or Will Allen with Vernon Carey for Arizona's 2nd rounder. Carter might be hard to trade but Arizona is desperate in a few positions. We could send our 7th as well.

Our draft picks:
#9..................Ted Ginn...........WR
#16................Poluzny.............OLB
#33................Levi Brown.........OL
#37................Drew Stanton.....QB
#40................Michael Bush.......RB
#71................Samson Satele.....OL

This will meet all our needs and give us plenty of cap space to resign FA's and add some depth. We save a ton of money on the trades listed, a ton.
To all the Ronnie worshipers, I feel you brothers. This is a radical move but how do we really know that we might not become more enthralled with Michael Bush, and we do have Ricky returning and probably Sammie. I'm hoping Hagan comes into his own next year and that we retain welker. We will need a couple more receivers for depth. FA's or...who is P.K. Sam? Where is Kelley Campbell? Marcus Vick anyone? If Carter goes we need Bowens back. But Roth should start.

I've heard of fantasy football, but this is ridiculous. You may as well try and package our special teams coach and a jug of gatorade for a 3rd rounder as well.

You don't want to trade our good offensive players....What good offensive players??????? As compared to who? Our practice squad. I'd like to see some stats and rankings on our so called good offensive players. WE DON'T HAVE ANY GOOD OFFENSIVE PLAYERS. They are mediocre at best. That's why we had one of the worst offense's in football last year. Wake up! We have big problems that need fixing, too many really bad mistakes have been made.

In view of the dire need for our 20th ranked offense to be overhauled I offer these hypothetical trades. I believe these trades are possible because of a great strength that the Dolphins have going into next year. A tremendous strength being mostly ignored by fan and pundit alike. The talent,potential,and experience that is returning to the Dolphins next year from IR and suspension is huge! This gives us the wherewithal to obtain first day draft picks by packaging second day picks with high dollar players we want to move and other teams are desperate for. Besides with all the talent returning, there is a good chance that most if not all of our second day picks wouldn't make our team let alone have any impact. Any secondary player would have to beat out Travis Daniels,Will Poole, and Shirdonya Mitchell just to make the team or practice squad. DLineman have to beat out the Wright boys,just to make the team,RB's have to beat out Ricky Williams and Sammie Morris assuming we do resign him. OL...Seth Mckinney,Bennie Anderson.Joe Toledo,Jeno James. WE DON'T NEED 2nd DAY PICKS. Assuming we sign an excellent CB in FA, these are the trades:

Chris Chambers and our 4th round pick for Oakland's 2nd rounder and we could offer them more if we had to but not our 3rd. This is #33
Ronnie Brown and our 6th for Green Bay's 1st rounder. We could send Booker as well if they wanted him. This is #16 I believe.
Kevin Carter or Will Allen with Vernon Carey for Arizona's 2nd rounder. Carter might be hard to trade but Arizona is desperate in a few positions. We could send our 7th as well.

Our draft picks:
#9..................Ted Ginn...........WR
#16................Poluzny.............OLB
#33................Levi Brown.........OL
#37................Drew Stanton.....QB
#40................Michael Bush.......RB
#71................Samson Satele.....OL

This will meet all our needs and give us plenty of cap space to resign FA's and add some depth. We save a ton of money on the trades listed, a ton.
To all the Ronnie worshipers, I feel you brothers. This is a radical move but how do we really know that we might not become more enthralled with Michael Bush, and we do have Ricky returning and probably Sammie. I'm hoping Hagan comes into his own next year and that we retain welker. We will need a couple more receivers for depth. FA's or...who is P.K. Sam? Where is Kelley Campbell? Marcus Vick anyone? If Carter goes we need Bowens back. But Roth should start.

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom