"The Trigger Man" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"The Trigger Man"

Chan Gailey was brought in to coach Rosen in the spread offense, no more of this throwing the ball on the goal line, who runs a go route on 3rd down at your 6 yard line?

Even with the high draft pick rookie QB Rosen would get the first shot if/when Fitz breaks down or turns back in to a pumpkin.

Unless the rookie lights up training camp and clearly passes him which is not very likely since Tua would prorbably be "redshirted" and Herbert/Love/Eason/Fromm would probably not be ready.
What? Why? Tua seems like he should be able to play at whatever point we deem necessary this season (hopefully once our rookies and new FAs on O line are showing they can protect him). So to me, whoever the first round rookie QB is, goes out as starter when there is a change from Fitz. How do we benefit from putting Rosen out there? We just look rudderless and stupid.

What? Why? Tua seems like he should be able to play at whatever point we deem necessary this season (hopefully once our rookies and new FAs on O line are showing they can protect him). So to me, whoever the first round rookie QB is, goes out as starter when there is a change from Fitz. How do we benefit from putting Rosen out there? We just look rudderless and stupid.

Not sure about that. Two scenarios. First, RF goes down game two. In that case, I think Rosen is the more likely starter. RF goes down game 14. In that case, depending on the status of Tua (if he's the pick), I wouldn't want to guess who starts. Too many variables. Herbert? Still wouldn't want to guess. I will say my inclination is the new guy.

Not sure about that. Two scenarios. First, RF goes down game two. In that case, I think Rosen is the more likely starter. RF goes down game 14. In that case, depending on the status of Tua (if he's the pick), I wouldn't want to guess who starts. Too many variables. Herbert? Still wouldn't want to guess. I will say my inclination is the new guy.
Sure GWilson. I see what you're saying but to me, the optics of having a stud rookie on the bench we just got and going with Rosen are bad at best. We got the rookie to be the guy so let's let him get his bumps and bruises and start off becoming the guy now.

Sure GWilson. I see what you're saying but to me, the optics of having a stud rookie on the bench we just got and going with Rosen are bad at best. We got the rookie to be the guy so let's let him get his bumps and bruises and start off becoming the guy now.

All things being equal, I agree. But there seem to be quite a few uncertain he'll be completely healed by September, and others wanting him to sit and learn. Thus, the 'if's.' IF Tua is considered completely healed and IF Flo doesn't want him to sit and learn, we agree. But, don't forget the possibility ie Herbert. In that case, it's Flo's judgement.

Rosen will be gone...

he’s outta here....

sorry folks.... we’ll get a 4th for him.

how about PJ Walker in the CFL / dude is lighting it up...

How many QBs were never the same after "bumps and bruises"? Why want it now so aggressively so as to risk an injury to Tua or risk regressing Hebert.

Everyone raves about Mahomes. Mahomes sat, learned. Garapolo sat, learned. The 2 superbowl QBs, sat learned.

If there's ever a time to let Rosen take over and not have bad optics, it's now while it's still early in the rebuild.

Let's learn from prior mistakes and not throw our prospect of the future into a situation where you might demoralize him. What's the rush? Lets get another draft and FA under our belt wherein if Grier has done his job correctly, we should be able to let slip the hounds of war.

By then, we should truly know if it's time to cut/trade Rosen for peanuts and perhaps pick up a QB in the 4th, 5th round of the 2021 draft as a project and let him be our #3 behind a vet and our starting 1st rounder.

I don’t think your gonna see coach Flores fall victim to any type of Josh Rosen mandate from the front office

he had a season long excuse to do so and he still pulled out

Chan Gailey was brought in to coach Rosen in the spread offense, no more of this throwing the ball on the goal line, who runs a go route on 3rd down at your 6 yard line?
Chan Gailey has not had success developing young QB’s. He has a history of preferring veteran QB’s to run his offense and he has a history with Fitzpatrick as his starting QB. With Rosen on the roster and the Dolphins expected to draft another young QB, the hiring of Gailey makes no sense to me given his history of NOT developing younger QB’s.

How many QBs were never the same after "bumps and bruises"? Why want it now so aggressively so as to risk an injury to Tua or risk regressing Hebert.

Everyone raves about Mahomes. Mahomes sat, learned. Garapolo sat, learned. The 2 superbowl QBs, sat learned.

If there's ever a time to let Rosen take over and not have bad optics, it's now while it's still early in the rebuild.

Let's learn from prior mistakes and not throw our prospect of the future into a situation where you might demoralize him. What's the rush? Lets get another draft and FA under our belt wherein if Grier has done his job correctly, we should be able to let slip the hounds of war.

By then, we should truly know if it's time to cut/trade Rosen for peanuts and perhaps pick up a QB in the 4th, 5th round of the 2021 draft as a project and let him be our #3 behind a vet and our starting 1st rounder.
I see your point. However, both of the Qb's you are referencing were doing it behind Pro Bowl QBs who had a mastery of the offense. They had the luxury of time as the starters on those teams were getting them into the playoffs. I'm not saying to make bad decisions with whoever we draft at Qb probably at #5 and to put them at risk just due to being impatient. However, once the line's new players have a grasp on the o line and can protect the rookie, I think he should get out there as his speed pot development goes through the stratosphere in regular season games. Look at Kyler Murray. They could have retained Rosen and had him keep starting or have gone the veteran route to keep him on the bench, but they knew he needed the snaps and the experience as such, the end of year NFL product seems much better than what they started with which is why he won rookie of the year. They will now go into year two with Murray seeming as a veteran.

Would Rodgers have played MUCH sooner if Favre had gone down? Of course. Would he have started year one if Favre hadn't been on the team? Probably. Would Rivers have started right away if Rivers hadn't been there? Probably.

Lets protect our future QB and by all means take whatever steps we need to maximize his learning while keeping him safe. But, when he's ready to go and we're ready for him, I'm not putting in Rosen.

I see your point. However, both of the Qb's you are referencing were doing it behind Pro Bowl QBs who had a mastery of the offense. They had the luxury of time as the starters on those teams were getting them into the playoffs. I'm not saying to make bad decisions with whoever we draft at Qb probably at #5 and to put them at risk just due to being impatient. However, once the line's new players have a grasp on the o line and can protect the rookie, I think he should get out there as his speed pot development goes through the stratosphere in regular season games. Look at Kyler Murray. They could have retained Rosen and had him keep starting or have gone the veteran route to keep him on the bench, but they knew he needed the snaps and the experience as such, the end of year NFL product seems much better than what they started with which is why he won rookie of the year. They will now go into year two with Murray seeming as a veteran.

Would Rodgers have played MUCH sooner if Favre had gone down? Of course. Would he have started year one if Favre hadn't been on the team? Probably. Would Rivers have started right away if Rivers hadn't been there? Probably.

Lets protect our future QB and by all means take whatever steps we need to maximize his learning while keeping him safe. But, when he's ready to go and we're ready for him, I'm not putting in Rosen.

If Hebert or Tua can run around like Murray, by all means. But you're right. If the Oline has proven that they can protect, I wouldn't mind seeing the rookie. I just don't see the point, though. We have a young guy in Rosen that can be given a final shot to prove he's at least worth keeping around as a back up or traded for a 3rd or 4th.

And I'm not a Rosenite. I could care less about Rosen. I do care about the #2 pick we gave up for him and a cheap rookie contract. Rosen could be John Doe for all I care and I'd be saying given Doe's age, ceiling, contract and cost, Doe deserves a shot behind a competent Oline before moving on.

Everyone is in such a rush. It's this new age of instant gratification. Hell, to some we've already traded up for Tua or taken Hebert. It's already happened. The combine hasn't even come and gone. Everyone slow down. Geez.

Back
Top Bottom