The ultimate tanking hypothetical for the team and fans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The ultimate tanking hypothetical for the team and fans

Let's say you are riding a unicorn but then come across a hydra. Do you trade in the unicorn for the Hydra, Keep the Unicron, or do you ignore both and tame the Griffen?

OK, the counter point to that is....

They TANK and lose all their games this season JUST to pick 1st...

Then in preseason game #1, their shiny new rookie QB tears his ACL, MCL and PCL.

OR, he gets arrested in week #3 for doing something that Jared from subway would do...

OR he pulls a John Elway.
Or a meteorite wipes out his house killing him and his pet fish

I think you no longer have control of the players at that point and if you try to screw it up they'll try and score just to shove it up your ads for hamstringing them all year.

They score, everybody laughs saying, "that's so Dolphins."

I said it was farfethed, but my point was that it's possible that at some moment this season we'll have to decide if we want them to win a game or get a higher pick...
Last year when we won that miracle game all it got us was drafting 13 instead of 8......that was a big drop off so I take the higher pick.

I find it interesting that Tankers always are looking for scenarios, of "should we win" or "should we lose".
Hey.......your either a Tanker, or your not.
Im going for the frigging WIN!!!!!!!!!!!
EVERY WEEK!
Go Dolphins!!!!!!!!!! Screw the draft status!

Let's say you are riding a unicorn but then come across a hydra. Do you trade in the unicorn for the Hydra, Keep the Unicron, or do you ignore both and tame the Griffen?

The correct answer is ...

you seduce the blonde riding the dragon. ;)

Uhh I'm getting them to mate. I can't even begin to imagine the possibilities, straight up stud(s).

Is this one of those “Who’s on 1st” jokes? Still waiting for the punchline.

It's not silly...I'm just basically asking if you'd be rooting for a victory in the last game even if it meant falling from #1 to #3 in the draft. You're entitled to answer however you want, but it's a legitimate question to ponder and debate.

Final game of the season at New England, the Dolphins are 1-14 and two other teams are at 2-13 (and are losing badly that day). Due to tiebreakers, if the three teams end up at 2-14, the Dolphins will pick third...

The Dolphins are down 17-13, with five seconds left and the ball on the Patriots two yard line....are you rooting for them to score? Does Stephen Ross want them to score?

Obviously this exact scenario is farfetched, but it is possible we'll be faced with something similar.

Simple... you kneel down!

Back
Top Bottom