The under-the-radar realities that made Phillips over Najee a smart move and a quick six-pack of notes. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The under-the-radar realities that made Phillips over Najee a smart move and a quick six-pack of notes.

He's more like a guard than a tackle. But it's been a dilemma because his frame is not ideal for either position.

I have no idea how Hunt's play was touted based on 2020. He gave great effort but was stiff and anything but natural as a tackle, especially when pass blocking.

Besides, rookie linemen who are inserted into the lineup late season have a massive advantage. That is true on either side of the ball but especially with offensive linemen. I have emphasized that countless times since joining this site, and long before that elsewhere. No way you can take those results at face value. The other guys have been battling all season and have hit a wall physically and mentally. That's why it was so easy to predict the Dolphin offensive line to regress last year. Hunt would have done the same thing if he had been out there from day one.

Very impressive of Flores and Co. not to overreact to meaningless short term results at tackle
I don't know where you get this.

I think you've said this before (might have been someone else), and I corrected you (them) before.

Robert Hunt was inserted into the starting lineup in Game 5 and played 100% of the snaps in every game until the end of the season (except weeks 9 and 10 when I guess he was banged up).

The score of 13 was incorrectly leaked. He got a 19. Marino scored a 16.

Winston's 27 is actually pretty solid. If anything his struggles are evidence that the ability to perform algebra equations does not equal football smarts.

Thank you for clearing that up, did not know, was only going of recollection! I appreciate that, brother.

Yes... and no.

Our #1 in 2022, and both our #1s in '23 would probably be more than anyone else could offer.

If we were making a move for Watson (I hope not), it might not take that much.
Thanks for this, I just read an article how we are ranked 22nd with draft capital in 2022. I totally forgot about the 2023 1st we accumulated. As time goes on, I am more pleased we did this deal with SF.

A 2023 1st sounded a bit lame at the time, but the deal seems better now. Like their insurance plan if Tua doesn't work out in 2021.

I’m an LSU grad and actually went to the same high school as Ryan Clark, and I could not agree more with you.

He’s an absolute hack and racist as hell to boot.
Why was he "racist as hell"?

Don't know the guy but what did he do that labeled him a racist? Did he get fired for it? Just curious. Link?

Agree completely, but with that said.... didn't Tua get an abysmal wonderlic score??? I know that's not the end all be all, but a 13 is brutally terrible.

People said Jameis Winston wasn't that bright and couldn't process quickly/grasp the playbook and he DOUBLED Tua's score with a 27.

I'm a big fan of Tua but even that is concerning.

“Um, no it’s really not.”

sincerely,

former MVP’s Dan Marino and Lamar Jackson

If we are going to use this standard in the forums, then roughly 55% of the folks posting will get insulted.

Quit trying to be so "politically correct".

This is a football forum where teams hire grown (some would say overgrown) men to beat the hell out of each other. Looking for a peacefully solution on a football team is nonsense.

I think Justin Fields was the best qb in the draft not named Trevor Lawrence and will probably put up better stats than Trevor early on

I am so glad we got Phillips, yes he is a swing at the fences. but he is 1/4 of our top 50 picks . If he is healthy and plays to even near to his potential we win. We also have the luxury of not having him play as a stud, if he fails we still have a very good defense, ( his only real downfall is the concussions), if he is healthy we have Chase Young lite . With all of the rest of weapons we have on defense, we are scary. With our secondary. O , Van, and Phillips rushing u , Anything over 3rd and 6 we should win

There was no other choice to be made. A good DE prospect is worth exponentially more than any running back prospect in terms of positional value and relative draft position.

Derrick Henry, Nick Chubb, JK Dobbins, Jonathon Taylor were all second round picks, Aaron Jones a 5th. Kareem Hunt a 3d Big time edges are taken in the top 10.

Najee Harris wasn't even considered an elite prospect at his position. He didn't grade like Saquan or Zeke, 2 of the biggest overdrafts in recent memory.

Back
Top Bottom