***The uniform/logo super thread*** | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The uniform/logo super thread***

Which Logo?

• 1966-1973

Votes: 19 11.2%
  • 1974-1989

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • 1989-1996

Votes: 45 26.5%
  • 1997-2012

Votes: 18 10.6%
  • 2013-2017

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 2018-Present

Votes: 16 9.4%

• Total voters
A lot have mentioned that the main thing that’s so great about the throwbacks is the specific shade of aqua. I agree, and would add that the stripes on the jerseys helmets and pants add in the perfect amount of orange and white to complement. Increasing the orange around the numbers and reverting to a darker shade was an improvement, but the colors combos on the throwbacks are still better at balancing them all.

Regarding the new logo, I think it looks awful on any kind of apparel, but that it looks pretty good on helmets. I would love to see a photoshop mock-up of the throwbacks but with the current logo on the helmets (just edited to match the throwback shades of aqua and orange). I think that could be an awesome uniform and also one that ownership would reasonably consider. I think reverting the logo is less realistic; they are committed to the new one.

I also think an orange version of the throwbacks would be pretty awesome. Aqua and white jersey stripes, aqua number outlines, white pants.

Word has it it's going to be a light crowd year at the stadiums. PERFECT TIME to change out that whimpy limpwristed logo back to our old one all around the stadium!!! Bring back our heritage! Let's rebuild this team right!!!!! Let's make this a proud franchise again!!
Sorry but that’s the worst logo in dolphin history. If they switch go to the throwbacks that they are currently using

A lot have mentioned that the main thing that’s so great about the throwbacks is the specific shade of aqua. I agree, and would add that the stripes on the jerseys helmets and pants add in the perfect amount of orange and white to complement. Increasing the orange around the numbers and reverting to a darker shade was an improvement, but the colors combos on the throwbacks are still better at balancing them all.

Regarding the new logo, I think it looks awful on any kind of apparel, but that it looks pretty good on helmets. I would love to see a photoshop mock-up of the throwbacks but with the current logo on the helmets (just edited to match the throwback shades of aqua and orange). I think that could be an awesome uniform and also one that ownership would reasonably consider. I think reverting the logo is less realistic; they are committed to the new one.

I also think an orange version of the throwbacks would be pretty awesome. Aqua and white jersey stripes, aqua number outlines, white pants.

Curiously, the throwback jersey aqua is virtually identical in color (in the Nike uniforms) to the 2012 aqua jerseys. I know this with absolute certainty (I have team issued jerseys in both the 2012 versions and the throwbacks).
In the Reebok uniforms, the aqua was slightly different on our throwbacks (from the aqua used in the standard uniforms). The aqua used on our pre-2001 uniforms (which were manufactured by Macgregor Sandknit, Russell Athletic, Wilson, Starter, and Nike) varied slightly. The Wilson aqua jerseys in the mid 1990's had a distinct greenish hue and were a lighter aqua (they were my favorite Dolphins jerseys). The 1990 jerseys had a slightly "bluer" version of aqua (at least they appeared that way on television). The mid-80's aqua jerseys were a slightly darker shade of the greenish aqua (slightly darker than the Wilson aqua). With the slight color/logo change in 1997, the aqua remained pretty consistent from Starter(1997) to Nike (1999-2000).

IMO, the 2013-present aqua doesn't look as good. It has a bluer look than previous versions. To be fair, these jerseys are slightly greener in person than they appear on television. All of the aqua jerseys have a much richer look in person. Obviously the tv lights, cameras, etc tend to wash out the color some.

And yes, I agree the aqua used in the throwbacks (and the 2012 jerseys) is MUCH better than the current aqua.

They will not go to the throwback look permanently any time soon. There is too much money to be made by having the current design along with the retro design. I would definitely be in favor of any throwback look being permanent. My person preference would be to go to the 1987-1996 look (with the logo on the sleeves). I'm actually going to say the 1989-96 look because I am a big fan of the aqua pants. If we went with this style, we could still have a true throwback jersey with the logoless sleeves (sleeve stripes only) and the smaller Dolphin jumping in the sun (as opposed to through the sun). I believe the logo was modified (it was a definite but very slight change) in 1974 (based on previous research).

This would have our "looks" be similar to the 1994 season with the regular uniform. the throwback would be only a slight change.

Last edited:
nfl_g_marino_580_original.jpg
These ones and these ones:
download.jpg

Are my two favorite Fins uniforms of all-time. The 80s ones were incredible (basically offshoots of the 70s) and the mid-90s ones hold a lot of sentimental value to me since that's when I really started watching the team.

Ever since the Miami Dolphins were founded in 1966, the logo has endured several modifications.

Which logo is your favorite?

There should be a 'They all suck" option.

1966-1996 are terrible because they are poorly crafted and have the stupid ass helmet.
1996-2012 is terrible because of the awful 1990's Ford Explorer Hunter Green color and the stupid ass helmet.
2012-2018 is terrible because it looks like toothpaste
2018 - present is terrible because it still looks like toothpaste and they made orange too red.

Blend all the eras and just do the 97 one without helmet and the 66 aqua, the 74 orange and the 2012 blue:

pvrZYZk.png

There should be a 'They all suck" option.

1966-1996 are terrible because they are poorly crafted and have the stupid *** helmet.
1996-2012 is terrible because of the awful 1990's Ford Explorer Hunter Green color and the stupid *** helmet.
2012-2018 is terrible because it looks like toothpaste
2018 - present is terrible because it still looks like toothpaste and they made orange too red.

Blend all the eras and just do the 97 one without helmet and the 66 aqua, the 74 orange and the 2012 blue:

pvrZYZk.png
Nah

Back
Top Bottom