The Value Loss on Shaheen makes me Sick! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Value Loss on Shaheen makes me Sick!

People just read thread titles and post vs reading posts in the thread.
Ive done plenty of 'mea culpas' in here already.
I thought Miami traded a 3rd to get him. I was very wrong.
Gotta respect the man who own up to it

Regardless, a fun season is coming up!

Can we all agree he was yet another Wasted draft pick by Grier?
Jury is out. I think he was selected to hedge against losing MG. But MG has proven to be a very good player and Smythe keeps getting better so right now it seems like a waste. But keep in mind we won’t be able to afford to carry both MG and DS forever so if Long can get some reps this year and begin to develop, he’ll likely replace one of those guys down the line in the coming year or two. Trading Shaheen was less about the quality of the player (he’s decent) and more about being comfortable with Long’s development. Just a hunch

Especially since it's almost certainly going to be repeated with Hunter Long next year.

Shaheen's 'crime' was that after trading for him, they made him Redundant with 3 other guys they brought in!

I just Dont Get the Hunter Long pick last year. Also, why is Gesicki still here?

The way Grier pisses away draft picks is disgusting.

If Long turns into a very useful, talented player then I'll feel dumb about making this thread.
Captain Over-reaction to the rescue again!

Especially since it's almost certainly going to be repeated with Hunter Long next year.

Shaheen's 'crime' was that after trading for him, they made him Redundant with 3 other guys they brought in!

I just Dont Get the Hunter Long pick last year. Also, why is Gesicki still here?

The way Grier pisses away draft picks is disgusting.

If Long turns into a very useful, talented player then I'll feel dumb about making this thread.
I see the Long pick as being Need over Greed, or whatever the equivalent. Best Player Available. That's it.

I do, but (and I know that I keep saying this) I don't think he's a great fit for the offense. I've been wrong before. I think Hunter Long or Smythe are actually a much better fit - and we'll see that develop as the year goes on.

Good offenses aren't rigid. Coaches use their players to their strength, just because he doesn't fit the offense run in SF doesn't mean he won't be a great fit here in this offense.

It’s not a bad problem to have, depth at TE. I think Shaheen is a stiff, he has the potential to be great but like so many, blah.

Long definitely has ability. When the pick was made, I figured that Miami probably wouldn't keep Gesicki.

Time will tell. Having a lot of talent at a position definitely is a good thing, though.

"The value loss on Shaheen makes me sick" - You gotta be joking! Shaheen was a relative non-issue. He didn't cost a lot (7th round Draft pick) and he didn't contribute much. He provided some 6'7" depth at the TE position. For any poster to get physically sick over Adam Shaheen is ridiculous. He was a fairly low cost experiment who didn't work out. Every NFL team has experiments that don't work out. Get over it sunshine. Put it behind you and save your faux wrath for more substantive mistakes (which will definitely come).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom