The Value Loss on Shaheen makes me Sick! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Value Loss on Shaheen makes me Sick!

can we all agree how tiring it is to listen to everyone rant about things they absolutely know nothing about but think they are experts. It is the exact definition of being stupid. You'll never get better if you don't understand your shortcomings. This lesson in life comes free of charge :-) :)

In other words, the primetime lineups on all the Cable "news" stations.

"The value loss on Shaheen makes me sick" - You gotta be joking! Shaheen was a relative non-issue. He didn't cost a lot and he didn't contribute much. He provided some depth at the TE position. For any poster to get physically sick over Adam Shaheen is ridiculous. He was a fairly low cost experiment who didn't work out. Every NFL team has experiments that don't work out. Get over it sunshine. Put it behind you and save your wrath for more substantive mistakes.
It's straight ridonkulous juice the initial sentiment that you're quoting from OP.

Grier tries a trade it didn't work out because the player failed a physical but Grier gets blasted.

I don't get some of you.

And pisses away draft picks?!?!?

He has been 100% in charge for 3 drafts

Tua -trending way up
Jackson-improving
Hunt- solid starter
Davis - solid starter trending up
Brandon Jones - solid starter and leader
Blake Ferguson- lifetime starter

Waddle - stud
Phillips - 2nd leading rookie sack guy and trending up
Holland - STUD
Eich - at worst a serviceable backup

2022 - got Hill with a few picks WORTH IT
Tindall - athletic fast LB
Easy E - trending way up solidified WR #4
Thompson - looking like a great solid backup QB in the making

"The value loss on Shaheen makes me sick" - You gotta be joking! Shaheen was a relative non-issue. He didn't cost a lot and he didn't contribute much. He provided some depth at the TE position. For any poster to get physically sick over Adam Shaheen is ridiculous. He was a fairly low cost experiment who didn't work out. Every NFL team has experiments that don't work out. Get over it sunshine. Put it behind you and save your wrath for more substantive mistakes.
The op's initial claim in his post was we traded a 3rd for Shaheen which was the premise of this thread that Grier wasted a trade.

He has since edited the post after it was pointed out we got him for a 7th.

Also Shaheen was a 2nd round pick (45th overall).

He was drafted much higher than you thought, OP.

No one's perfect, especially me, but it's pretty important to double check your facts. Not just to avoid looking bad in threads, but so you actually have the correct data to formulate correct theories.
Yeah, I was definitely 'out of my ass' on this one.
I usually opine on stuff where the facts are more commonly known (like what we all saw in plain sight).

I see the Long pick as being Need over Greed, or whatever the equivalent. Best Player Available. That's it.
We could've used a C or G where we drafted Long.
If he develops into a solid every-down TE then it's still a great pick.
Not looking good on that front, though.

We could've used a C or G where we drafted Long.
If he develops into a solid every-down TE then it's still a great pick.
Not looking good on that front, though.
What you forget is that Hunter Schlong came from Boston College as did former Head Coach Brian Flores, who possibly said that he wanted Hunter. While Chris Grier makes the team Draft selections, maybe the occasional pick was also influenced by trying to appease perennially grumpy Head Coach with an inclination to overreact (and a hypothetical tampering/tanking lawsuit in his back pocket).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom