The View from the Bottom of the Glass | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The View from the Bottom of the Glass

xiidaen

FinHeaven.com Evangelist
Reaction score
Well, I admit it. I left the sportsbar at the end of the third quarter.

It wasn't entirely my fault, it was a small crowd (as normal for a Sunday night game) and there was a female Jets fan there that was screaming her head off at every misfortune that came our way. (You'll recall there was quite a few of them). Since it was a woman, well, that took a lot of possible reactions off the table, so I eventually decided it wasn't worth the headache.

Caught the rest of the game at home, though, and what a game it was. I give a lot of credit to this team for the heart it showed coming from behind to get the win. I give a lot of credit as well to the coaching for making the right decisions, some of them pretty gutsy. (especially after a long week of seeing people call the head coach gutless for sitting on the ball at the end of regulation against the ravens. I think we can consider that argument disproved).

I don't know how Jay sparks the team, but he makes the o-line's job easier in that the defense doesn't just blitz to a point about 6 yards behind the LOS. The oline can block better, and that moment's hesitation can allow holes for the run. (When is the last time Ricky saw a hole like he did on the 24 yard TD? Kudos to Konrad for a great block there as well).

The defense found a way to pull together and make the stops that were needed, and special teams came up with the big play at the end to seal the deal.

Game ball? I say you give it to the whole damn team for pulling together, covering for each other's mistakes and getting a critical win.

Bring on Dallas!

Dallas is going to be a game for Ricky and the defense.

I'm going to go on a limb and say dallas is a game for the RUN and the defense. I don't know how sore Ricky is (he looked a little beat up now and then) so I think we see some more Minor (who keeps impressing me in spot duty) and maybe consider pulling out the McKnight reverse (Maybe bring Mcknight and Chambers around from either side?). heck, we may want to consider what Henry has to bring to the table.

As for the D, better bring the 'a' game for 4 quarters.

Back
Top Bottom