The wait is killing me | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The wait is killing me

I'm not much of a College Football guy so I don't really care.

Ahhhhhhh :cp:

No need to post here than, thanks for your input though....not

No need to post here than, thanks for your input though....not

:lol: Well said man

The 3rd is approaching quickly and it's bitter sweat. Win or lose it's my last chanc to see Quinn play in blue and gold. Say what you want about him but he might be the best player I've seen play for ND and he did all he could to make ND relevelant again.

:lol: Well said man

The 3rd is approaching quickly and it's bitter sweat. Win or lose it's my last chanc to see Quinn play in blue and gold. Say what you want about him but he might be the best player I've seen play for ND and he did all he could to make ND relevelant again.

Best you ever seen at ND huh? How long you been whatching them? I mean no disrespect to him, But really good players show up in big games and I can't remember him showing up in one where he lead his team to a Victory. The really special players you remember the Big Games they won and pulled out and I have not got that from Brady. I know its not all his fault, But still no really big wins.

I feel bad for you Miami fans, poor cold IDAHO!

clear.gif

HAVE FUN BOYS!

Best you ever seen at ND huh? How long you been whatching them? I mean no disrespect to him, But really good players show up in big games and I can't remember him showing up in one where he lead his team to a Victory. The really special players you remember the Big Games they won and pulled out and I have not got that from Brady. I know its not all his fault, But still no really big wins.

I've been an ND fan since a little before the Ron Powlus days, probably longer but I didnt get serious about it until around that time. Funny thing about Quinn not showing up in big game argument, if the defense stops USC last season on 4th and 9 everyone is talking about how Quinn led is team for the game winning TD against USC. The defense folds as it always does and suddenly it adds to Quinn not winning the big game. Quinn has led ND from behind to take the lead more than most starting QBs in the NCAA and probably more than any QB in the top 10. I mean how many time has OSU been down in the 4th and Smith led OSU to a lead? Or Leak or Pat White or Henne or anyone else? Quinn did it twice this year alone. Yet he doesnt show up when his team needs him? This team is nothing without him.

Also, how many other ND players in the past 10 years or so have been mentioned in the top 5 of draft prospects?

I did qualify my post by saying the best I've seen at ND. An argument can be made for a couple other players perhaps, but not many. The ND record book I think supports that idea.

You say no big wins for Quinn and perhaps that's true, but ND has won a really big game in a while unfortunately. So as far as individual players go he's up there in recent ND history. But hey ND is coming off the two winningest seasons in a while so I cant complain too much lol :)

I've been an ND fan since a little before the Ron Powlus days, probably longer but I didnt get serious about it until around that time. Funny thing about Quinn not showing up in big game argument, if the defense stops USC last season on 4th and 9 everyone is talking about how Quinn led is team for the game winning TD against USC. The defense folds as it always does and suddenly it adds to Quinn not winning the big game. Quinn has led ND from behind to take the lead more than most starting QBs in the NCAA and probably more than any QB in the top 10. I mean how many time has OSU been down in the 4th and Smith led OSU to a lead? Or Leak or Pat White or Henne or anyone else? Quinn did it twice this year alone. Yet he doesnt show up when his team needs him? This team is nothing without him.

Also, how many other ND players in the past 10 years or so have been mentioned in the top 5 of draft prospects?

I did qualify my post by saying the best I've seen at ND. An argument can be made for a couple other players perhaps, but not many. The ND record book I think supports that idea.

You say no big wins for Quinn and perhaps that's true, but ND has won a really big game in a while unfortunately. So as far as individual players go he's up there in recent ND history. But hey ND is coming off the two winningest seasons in a while so I cant complain too much lol :)

Chris Leak has brought his team back this year more than Brady Quinn and thats a fact. There seems to be a case in every game in which the Gators have to get something done. Tennessee, South Carolina, and Florida State were all late in the game. Now I am not saying that Chris Leak is better cause we all know he is not and he has a much better defense, But I am wondering why you think Brady Quinn is so great and why he is the best you have ever seen. He has not won a big game and I could what if you to death. They did not win the USC game and thats not Brady Quinn's fault. That game is just one that matt Lienart points to when he looks at his career. Brady has had a ton of chances and he has come up empty all the time and he has one more game versus a great team in a bowl gane. This game will also probably feature the two best QB's in this years draft (assuming that JaMarcus declares). Now if Notre Dame loses I don't see how you can really look back at the Brady Quinn days that he was a success. I just don't see it.

Chris Leak has brought his team back this year more than Brady Quinn and thats a fact. There seems to be a case in every game in which the Gators have to get something done. Tennessee, South Carolina, and Florida State were all late in the game. Now I am not saying that Chris Leak is better cause we all know he is not and he has a much better defense, But I am wondering why you think Brady Quinn is so great and why he is the best you have ever seen. He has not won a big game and I could what if you to death. They did not win the USC game and thats not Brady Quinn's fault. That game is just one that matt Lienart points to when he looks at his career. Brady has had a ton of chances and he has come up empty all the time and he has one more game versus a great team in a bowl gane. This game will also probably feature the two best QB's in this years draft (assuming that JaMarcus declares). Now if Notre Dame loses I don't see how you can really look back at the Brady Quinn days that he was a success. I just don't see it.

See I dont look at the SC game and say Leak won that and I doubt UF fans do either. They think of the blocked kick which he had nothing to do with. Quinn doesnt get those blocked kicks or defensive stands at the end like other teams. ND vs UCLA, 50 seconds and 80 yards-score and you keep the BCS hopes alive, lose and you're out. Not many QBs are put in that situation and come through. I'm also going to challenge the idea that Leak has led his team back more in the 4th quarter when it's he makes a play or his team loses than Quinn did. ND hasnt had a huge win vs a top 5 team under his watch(though Michigan last year was top 5 when we beat them) but we have won 19 games in two years. The past 10 years that's more than a lot can say. I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying though. I'm not saying Quinn is the best thing to ever happen to college football, or even the best thing to happen to college football in the past 10-15 years. Just one of the best to happen to ND in that time span. If you can name me an ND player since 1993 or so who has been better I'm all ears.

Not looking back on what Quinn has done and thinking he was great for ND, to me is like looking back on what Marino did and saying he wasnt successful or good for the fins. It takes more than a QB to win big games, no matter how talented that QB is.

ND isnt a great team now by any stretch of the imagination, but we're a lot worse with out Quinn. That's why I'll miss him. 9-10 wins gives you some hope of the future, and that wouldnt have been possible without him.

See I dont look at the SC game and say Leak won that and I doubt UF fans do either. They think of the blocked kick which he had nothing to do with. Quinn doesnt get those blocked kicks or defensive stands at the end like other teams. ND vs UCLA, 50 seconds and 80 yards-score and you keep the BCS hopes alive, lose and you're out. Not many QBs are put in that situation and come through. I'm also going to challenge the idea that Leak has led his team back more in the 4th quarter when it's he makes a play or his team loses than Quinn did. ND hasnt had a huge win vs a top 5 team under his watch(though Michigan last year was top 5 when we beat them) but we have won 19 games in two years. The past 10 years that's more than a lot can say. I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying though. I'm not saying Quinn is the best thing to ever happen to college football, or even the best thing to happen to college football in the past 10-15 years. Just one of the best to happen to ND in that time span. If you can name me an ND player since 1993 or so who has been better I'm all ears.

Not looking back on what Quinn has done and thinking he was great for ND, to me is like looking back on what Marino did and saying he wasnt successful or good for the fins. It takes more than a QB to win big games, no matter how talented that QB is.

Well Leak still took them down the field when they were down 6 late in the fourth. Yes the blocked kick was great, But without leak they are taking a knee. I understand what you are saying that Brady has been good and will go down as a good player, But I don't see how a player who has not won a bowl game and does not have a signature win goes down as a great QB. Wins are all good and nice, But the hardware to go with it makes it alot better. I think Brady Quinn goes down as a good QB for ND, But I don't know about a great one

Well Leak still took them down the field when they were down 6 late in the fourth. Yes the blocked kick was great, But without leak they are taking a knee. I understand what you are saying that Brady has been good and will go down as a good player, But I don't see how a player who has not won a bowl game and does not have a signature win goes down as a great QB. Wins are all good and nice, But the hardware to go with it makes it alot better. I think Brady Quinn goes down as a good QB for ND, But I don't know about a great one

I agree if you are talking the entire history of ND that Quinn may have the stats but the signature win and the bowl win in general is lacking. That will and maybe should hurt him some. I'm not trying to argue that he's the best player, or even the best QB, in ND history. Just the past 10 years or so imo. And even if he isnt I'm still glad to have watched him play these past 4 years.

I agree if you are talking the entire history of ND that Quinn may have the stats but the signature win and the bowl win in general is lacking. That will and maybe should hurt him some. I'm not trying to argue that he's the best player, or even the best QB, in ND history. Just the past 10 years or so imo. And even if he isnt I'm still glad to have watched him play these past 4 years.

Yeah he is the best in the last 10 years, But I don't see him going down as a ND Great. I guess we kinda agree and thats good enough for me. :D

Skeet, I respect your opinion...but you're really giving Leak a bit too much credit and knocking Quinn a bit too much, IMO.

I've been to every gators game this year, except two (at vandy and SEC Champ). The defense and explosive wrs are to thank for late wins more than Chris. I like him as a leader, but it's been short passes or big returns after the defense has often shortened the field (in a tied or come from behind scenario).

As for Quinn, I'm no ND fan, but I gotta give the guy loads of respect. I still think he's a gamer. Maybe not huge wins, but he is clutch when needed. He's good in the 4th, for the most part. I still remember their Michigan win a couple yrs ago, their mich st comeback this yr, etc. When discussing the modern QB, Quinn is right behind Montana and better than Powlus, Tony Rice, etc.

I see the argument, but I think it's a tad extreme. Quinn deserves his hype...Leak probably doesn't as much. Both are leaders and both have heart, and for the Gators they have the complete package that has paid off this year.

I disagree with that "leak has brought his team back more than Quinn has" statement, Michigan state. Does that sound firmilar?

I disagree with that "leak has brought his team back more than Quinn has" statement, Michigan state. Does that sound firmilar?
Bringing up one comeback doesn't exactly disprove a statement regarding quantity.

What's gonna kill me is no college ball or NFL ball after February...that's gonna kill me. :boohoo:

Back
Top Bottom