The wait is killing me | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The wait is killing me

Skeet, I respect your opinion...but you're really giving Leak a bit too much credit and knocking Quinn a bit too much, IMO.

I've been to every gators game this year, except two (at vandy and SEC Champ). The defense and explosive wrs are to thank for late wins more than Chris. I like him as a leader, but it's been short passes or big returns after the defense has often shortened the field (in a tied or come from behind scenario).

As for Quinn, I'm no ND fan, but I gotta give the guy loads of respect. I still think he's a gamer. Maybe not huge wins, but he is clutch when needed. He's good in the 4th, for the most part. I still remember their Michigan win a couple yrs ago, their mich st comeback this yr, etc. When discussing the modern QB, Quinn is right behind Montana and better than Powlus, Tony Rice, etc.

I see the argument, but I think it's a tad extreme. Quinn deserves his hype...Leak probably doesn't as much. Both are leaders and both have heart, and for the Gators they have the complete package that has paid off this year.

Wow I said that Leak was no where near as good as Quinn and said Quinn was much better. He only made a statement that Quinn has brought his team back more and I disagreed cause Leak has done it alot. Now has Leak brought his team back more often than Quinn? Yes Is Leak better than Quinn? NOOOO Now it may have been the WR's but you have to have someone throw it to them

I disagree with that "leak has brought his team back more than Quinn has" statement, Michigan state. Does that sound firmilar?

Why Leak has brought his team back more. Michigan State? Wow what bowl game did they make?

How many games were UF down by more than 3 scores, than leak brings there team back? NONE...

How many games were UF down by more than 3 scores, than leak brings there team back? NONE...

He never seen three scores and thats not what we were arguing and Look at Notre Dame's defense and Florida's defense. A team will rarely get that big of a lead. Chris also never let that happen. I would also say that Florida played alot more quality teams. They played alot better defense's than Notre Dame.

I'm on 56K so wont even try to check but how often was UF down in the 4th quarter? Leak scoring in the 3rd quarter to give his team the lead isnt what I was refering to when I said Quinn has brought his team back more. That usually refers to later 4th quarter, 2 min drill type situations. Like I said I'm on 56K right now and not going to check but was UF down in the final minutes of the 4th often? Either way the larger point was that Quinn has meant more to his team. None of this was meant as a thread to debate Quinn though, I was merely commenting on why the wait is killing me lol.

I will say though that Leak not letting it happen isnt the reason UF want falling behind by 3 Tds. If your offense doesnt score you arent in as much trouble as ND. Leak can go three and out and punt for an entire half and not worry too much because your defense isnt spotting the other team 4 TDs.

I'm on 56K so wont even try to check but how often was UF down in the 4th quarter? Leak scoring in the 3rd quarter to give his team the lead isnt what I was refering to when I said Quinn has brought his team back more. That usually refers to later 4th quarter, 2 min drill type situations. Like I said I'm on 56K right now and not going to check but was UF down in the final minutes of the 4th often? Either way the larger point was that Quinn has meant more to his team. None of this was meant as a thread to debate Quinn though, I was merely commenting on why the wait is killing me lol.

I will say though that Leak not letting it happen isnt the reason UF want falling behind by 3 Tds. If your offense doesnt score you arent in as much trouble as ND. Leak can go three and out and punt for an entire half and not worry too much because your defense isnt spotting the other team 4 TDs.

They were down v.s TN, South Carolina, and tied with FSU in the 4th. Anyway thats not the point you made the statement that Quinn has brought his team back more and thats not true. Chris Leak has done just as much ( Bringing his team back ) as Quinn. Other than Florida State they were also better teams. Yet again I am going to stat that Brady Quinn is much better than Chris Leak however a statement was wrong and I just corrected it.

I dont know that South Carolina is better than UCLA. Also the TD in the 4th quarter of the South Carolina game was scored by Tebow so I'm not sure how Leak gets credit for leading the team to a victory in the fourth on that one. In fact Leak didnt have a TD in the entire second half of that game...So if we dont give Leak credit for something he didnt do I'm not really wrong. Whether Leak had 3 4th quarter comebacks this year and Quinn had 2 or not though it doesnt really matter to me. As you said Quinn is a far better QB and if I have 2 minutes left and need a QB to lead my offense Leak isnt on the list of players I'd take. Quinn and Troy Smith would be the first names I'd consider.

I dont know that South Carolina is better than UCLA. Also the TD in the 4th quarter of the South Carolina game was scored by Tebow so I'm not sure how Leak gets credit for leading the team to a victory in the fourth on that one. In fact Leak didnt have a TD in the entire second half of that game...So if we dont give Leak credit for something he didnt do I'm not really wrong. Whether Leak had 3 4th quarter comebacks this year and Quinn had 2 or not though it doesnt really matter to me. As you said Quinn is a far better QB and if I have 2 minutes left and need a QB to lead my offense Leak isnt on the list of players I'd take. Quinn and Troy Smith would be the first names I'd consider.

That was the only play that Tim Tebow ran that entire drive and if you don't wanna give credit than whatever. I proved you wrong and if you want to complain than whatever. I don't really care becuase the Gators are playing for a National title and Leak is leading them.

Complain lol. You're the one who derailed a thread, making a big deal out of a minor and rather unimportant part of a larger post. And sorry if I dont give Leak credit when he didnt put any points on the board for the entire second half lol. You didn't prove anyone wrong because I said if Leak has more it doesnt change what I was saying about Quinn. I dont care, like I said, Leak could have 100 comebacks he'll never be nearly as good as Quinn. And at best what you said to "prove me wrong" is shaky. Besides I used words like probably and most in my original post for a reason. To leave room for the possibility that other Qbs have done it more. The essence of what I said and why I said it isnt changed if 2 3 or 15 qbs in the NCAA have led more combacks. Why you felt so inclined to chime to bash Quinn is beyond me. What bowl game UF is playing in has nothing to do with this also but that was a mature ending. How this suddenly became bitter is kind of funny lol.

Also you're wrong that the TD was the only play Tebow ran on that drive. He converted the 4th and 1 earlier in the drive. Two pretty significant plays on that drive. It's funny I mispeak in a post and you go on and on about how I'm wrong. Even though that small potential error really didnt matter to what I was saying in the post. Yet when I point out where you're wrong you say I'm complaining. I think you've done enough damage to this thread but if you'd like to continue this pointless trash by all means keep going.

Complain lol. You're the one who derailed a thread, making a big deal out of a minor and rather unimportant part of a larger post. And sorry if I dont give Leak credit when he didnt put any points on the board for the entire second half lol. You didn't prove anyone wrong because I said if Leak has more it doesnt change what I was saying about Quinn. I dont care, like I said, Leak could have 100 comebacks he'll never be nearly as good as Quinn. And at best what you said to "prove me wrong" is shaky. Besides I used words like probably and most in my original post for a reason. To leave room for the possibility that other Qbs have done it more. The essence of what I said and why I said it isnt changed if 2 3 or 15 qbs in the NCAA have led more combacks. Why you felt so inclined to chime to bash Quinn is beyond me. What bowl game UF is playing in has nothing to do with this also but that was a mature ending. How this suddenly became bitter is kind of funny lol.

Also you're wrong that the TD was the only play Tebow ran on that drive. He converted the 4th and 1 earlier in the drive. Two pretty significant plays on that drive. It's funny I mispeak in a post and you go on and on about how I'm wrong. Even though that small potential error really didnt matter to what I was saying in the post. Yet when I point out where you're wrong you say I'm complaining. I think you've done enough damage to this thread but if you'd like to continue this pointless trash by all means keep going.

:lol: Bashing Quinn? Ummm I think I am kinda doing the complete oppisite when I say Quinn is much better than Leak. However if you think I am bashing him go ahead and keep thinking that. Anyway I am pretty that on the South Carolina drive that Chris Leak actually got the first on the ground cause on that final drive he has three carries for 29 yards. However Tebow did have the 12 yard TD run. You said that no QB in the top ten had as many comebacks as Brady Quinn and I simply stated you were wrong. You never said that no QB in the top ten with better players around him or anything like that so I don't take that as an excuse. I am by no means Brady Quinn or Notre Dame bashing. I simply stated that point along with the one where I do not really see how Brady Quinn is going down as some kind of a legend in Notre Dame history unless he beats LSU. You said he was the best you had seen since 1993 and I also agreed with that. Now I am pretty sure thats about right. Now I don't know exactly sure what you think I got wrong was, But you can feel free to tell me and I am sure you will. I have done enough damage to this thread? Wow for you to say something like that is crazy. Ummm yeah saying Florida was going to a better bowl was off topic, But saying if there was two minutes two go you would want someone else other than Leak is not? Hello I am not arguing that Chris Leak is the Best 2 minute QB in the country. I only stated that he has more comebacks this year than Brady Quinn.

Does anybody feel like there about to kill thereselves over there teams not playing for ever it seems????

I gotta wait til Jan. 1st

Ahhh...

The wait is over.

LET'S GO...

MOUNTAINEERS

You said that no QB in the top ten had as many comebacks as Brady Quinn and I simply stated you were wrong. You never said that no QB in the top ten with better players around him or anything like that so I don't take that as an excuse.

I actually said Quinn has led ND back in the 4th quarter more than most QBs in the NCAA and probably more than any in the top 10. So if Leak has 3 and Quinn 2 it doesnt matter, I left room for that and did so intentionally. I also didnt say just this year. He did it a couple times last year also and does it every season. Sorry if I dont consider a comeback where the player puts no points up for over half the game not on the same level as scoring on the last drive to win the game or overcoming a huge deficit late.

Take it up with Yahoo about Tebow getting the 1st, according to them you are wrong.

Your first post in response to mine said

But really good players show up in big games and I can't remember him showing up in one where he lead his team to a Victory.

If that isnt taking a shot at Quinn I dont know what is.

And you did dmg to this thread by making it about Quinn which from the posts ahead of yours and the title I for some reason think it wasnt meant to be. I brought up that Quinn might be the best player I've seen at ND and that I'll miss him. Why you felt inclined to challenge that he is the best player I've seen at ND was amusing at first but has now just taken this thread completely off tangent.

I actually said Quinn has led ND back in the 4th quarter more than most QBs in the NCAA and probably more than any in the top 10. So if Leak has 3 and Quinn 2 it doesnt matter, I left room for that and did so intentionally. I also didnt say just this year. He did it a couple times last year also and does it every season. Sorry if I dont consider a comeback where the player puts no points up for over half the game not on the same level as scoring on the last drive to win the game or overcoming a huge deficit late.

Take it up with Yahoo about Tebow getting the 1st, according to them you are wrong.

Your first post in response to mine said

If that isnt taking a shot at Quinn I dont know what is.

And you did dmg to this thread by making it about Quinn which from the posts ahead of yours and the title I for some reason think it wasnt meant to be. I brought up that Quinn might be the best player I've seen at ND and that I'll miss him. Why you felt inclined to challenge that he is the best player I've seen at ND was amusing at first but has now just taken this thread completely off tangent.

Well I may have been wrong about the Tebow thing and I never said was a 100% correct. Yes really great players do show up in big games and get there team to a victory. I just can't think of a huge game or bowl game that Brady Quinn won. I am not discrediting him as a QB, But his legacy that he will be leaving behind.

Back
Top Bottom