The Wall... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Wall...

This is a classic principle that can inspire greatness in everyone from the bottom of the roster all the way to the highest paid CB contract ever. I’m going to start using this in daily life. My friends are gonna be so annoyed

LOVE IT!!!

It "takes No Talent" to do things correctly. This team will look so different than the undisciplined Gase teams. In todays game(s) it is the little things that separate a winning record from a losing record in many cases. I am a high school football coach in upstate NY, and I believe I just may steal that for our upcoming season from our beloved Fins. T-Shirts orders in the process, thanks Flores.

Many coaches try this sort of thing. People always made fun of Philbin"s "gum wrappers" but that was an attempt to get them to focus on the details.
I'm a little surprised to see them buy in so quickly with Flores. You don't normally see this kind of talk in the first OTA's with a new coach

Many coaches try this sort of thing. People always made fun of Philbin"s "gum wrappers" but that was an attempt to get them to focus on the details.
I'm a little surprised to see them buy in so quickly with Flores. You don't normally see this kind of talk in the first OTA's with a new coach
Agreed about seeing this in many different forms. At some point, these sort of things get tuned out. This isn't a long term solution. But it is a great tool, early on to grab the attention of new players, and let them know what is expected without being over the top yelling, which gets tuned out even quicker.

That is sometimes the difference between coaches...how you deliver the message and how you follow up the message.

What I did find it interesting is Miami was far from the worst with false start penalties...sort of right in the middle with about 1 per game while Cincy was at the top almost a 2 false starts per game. As for offensive holding...Miami was one of the best teams in the NFL.

Now as far as defensive offside, Miami was pretty bad compared to the rest of the NFL...

Overall Miami was 11th in the least number of penalties...so I think this narrative that Miami had all these issues with Penalties is a little false.

Finally, some of the most penalized teams were KC (1), Indy (2), Baltimore (4), Chargers (5), Rams (9) and Seattle (10) were all playoff teams.

That is sometimes the difference between coaches...how you deliver the message and how you follow up the message.

What I did find it interesting is Miami was far from the worst with false start penalties...sort of right in the middle with about 1 per game while Cincy was at the top almost a 2 false starts per game. As for offensive holding...Miami was one of the best teams in the NFL.

Now as far as defensive offside, Miami was pretty bad compared to the rest of the NFL...

Overall Miami was 11th in the least number of penalties...so I think this narrative that Miami had all these issues with Penalties is a little false.

Finally, some of the most penalized teams were KC (1), Indy (2), Baltimore (4), Chargers (5), Rams (9) and Seattle (10) were all playoff teams.

Where are you getting these stats? Those are not at all the numbers I'm seeing.

Least penalized teams, 2018:

4) New England
6) Chicago
7) Philly
8) New Orleans
9) Rams

I’m not falling for any of this nonsense. Show me.

I am not surprised he is being creative in sending a message, helps create a culture. We will see how it turns out. We were never penalized as much under Gase IIRC. That does not mean his penalties were ill-timed. Often players would make some silly error on a crucial down that end up being detrimental. The one area Flores seems to be more proactive in teaching is is the attention to detail. Gase and his staff had a major flaw in that area.

I'm looking forward to cutting the false start penalties down for a change. Gase could never seem to fix the issue, and it put us in long down and distances way too often. They were constant drive killers.

Back
Top Bottom