The Wall... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Wall...

I am disappointed. I was expecting this.
pink-floyd-the-wall-i16307.jpg

Many coaches try this sort of thing. People always made fun of Philbin"s "gum wrappers" but that was an attempt to get them to focus on the details.
I'm a little surprised to see them buy in so quickly with Flores. You don't normally see this kind of talk in the first OTA's with a new coach

I think it comes down to how the message is conveyed and then results. Philbin was not a great communicator and results were mixed at best. Gase I think did bring more accountability (initially) on doing your job but he didnt focus on the little things.

Brian Flores is someone people gravitate towards.... but that being said if results dont start happening people will tune him out too

What I did find it interesting is Miami was far from the worst with false start penalties...sort of right in the middle with about 1 per game while Cincy was at the top almost a 2 false starts per game. As for offensive holding...Miami was one of the best teams in the NFL.

Now as far as defensive offside, Miami was pretty bad compared to the rest of the NFL...

While the numbers themselves don't sound too bad, they may be a bit misleading. Didn't Miami's offense have a lot of 3 and outs, leaving their defense (which struggled to stop anyone) on the field too long?

Under Shula this was a constant as least one of the least penalized teams. Couple that with a roster that is not churned every 3 years and we won a lot of games against more talented teams. So I am a fan but we need the other 2 things to take place to get back in the win column and a great GM to find the talent for the bowl run.

Back
Top Bottom