The way it needs to go. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The way it needs to go.

umpalu

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Sign Deilman in the offseason

Quinn falls to us at #9 = we trade out of our spot with a suiter who wants him a little lower than us and pick up some draft picks with it (obviously)

draft Levi Brown later in the first (he is not worth the #9 spot, but we can't drop to far)

draft Ryan Kalil in the second

that overhauls our offensive line and sets us for years. now before i get jumped on for this let me give you my logic. i believe in giving cpep a chance when he is actually healthy. he now has a 'QBs' coach to work with and mobility is part of his thing after all, if he cant be mobile we now have a line that can actually block for him. that will increase his chance of success dramatically. Look at the players that come back from what he went through. Takes them 2 years. so now this gives us a solid offensive line with a little less of a question mark at qb still. however either cpep comes out guns blazing and shows us why we got him or he fails and becomes an expensive backup until we cut or trade him after the season. now if he fails that gives us lemon to look at for the rest of the year. now if lemon comes out guns blazing we have a young qb for years to come and we are set, if not what is our record at the end of the year if they are both terrible? probably horrible. this puts us high in the draft next year to pick a franchise qb. and if this happens who do we have to protect him and make his life much easier? thats right, a newly constructed offensive line that has played together for a year. sure there would be growing pains if it works out this way, but our line will be solid and once our young franchise QB gets experiance look out. Logically this makes the most sense to me.

If that happens, I wouldn't mind us taking Quinn or trading down with brown and kalil

I would rather take quinn and be a good team for years to come. rather than just plug holes and try to win now.

bad news..... the Texans is going to trade David Carr....and probably draft Brady Quinn.

bad news..... the Texans is going to trade David Carr....and probably draft Brady Quinn.

Actually, they'll probably trade Carr and trade for...Jake Plummer. I think that the Texans are gonna take a break from trying to develop a young QB. Just my opinion.

Quinn falls to us at #9 = we trade out of our spot with a suiter who wants him a little lower than us and pick up some draft picks with it (obviously)

draft Levi Brown later in the first (he is not worth the #9 spot, but we can't drop to far)

that overhauls our offensive line and sets us for years. now before i get jumped on for this let me give you my logic. i believe in giving cpep a chance when he is actually healthy. he now has a 'QBs' coach to work with and mobility is part of his thing after all, if he cant be mobile we now have a line that can actually block for him. that will increase his chance of success dramatically. Look at the players that come back from what he went through. Takes them 2 years. so now this gives us a solid offensive line with a little less of a question mark at qb still. however either cpep comes out guns blazing and shows us why we got him or he fails and becomes an expensive backup until we cut or trade him after the season. now if he fails that gives us lemon to look at for the rest of the year. now if lemon comes out guns blazing we have a young qb for years to come and we are set, if not what is our record at the end of the year if they are both terrible? probably horrible. this puts us high in the draft next year to pick a franchise qb. and if this happens who do we have to protect him and make his life much easier? thats right, a newly constructed offensive line that has played together for a year. sure there would be growing pains if it works out this way, but our line will be solid and once our young franchise QB gets experiance look out. Logically this makes the most sense to me.

The problem with not drafting Levi Brown at #9, based on your scenario, is there is maybe one team (St Louis but they need defensive help more than a QB) that we could trade down with who could be looking for a QB in the 1st round and still get Brown.
After his play in the Outback Bowl and during Senior Bowl week, Brown is moving up the boards so he may not be a reach at #9.

If I were you, I'd start preparing my senses to deal with the fact that we finally have a front office smart enough not to pass on a top 5 QB prospect that might miraculously fall to 9 with all the question marks we currently have at the most important position in football.

I know our draft system has been dysfunctional for the better part of a decade and we have grown accustomed to that perhaps even emotionally as fans, but I promise the shock that's about to come is a good one.

A few observations...

If Levi Brown is worth, say the 15-20th pick, then why isn't he worth the 9th. He is supposedly a first round talent left tackle and the second best left tackle in the draft. The fact that someone thinks a few corners, wide receivers or linebackers have a slightly higher grade, big deal. They play different positions and thats comparing apples to oranges, or Deions to Munozs if you will. You take him at 9. Otherwise you swap out and then someone else takes him at 13 and your screwed. All that to get maybe a 2nd or third rounder whose odds of success are half that of a first rounder.

We don't need an entire offensive line. I'd be satisfied with the players we had plus Levi at left tackle, who should be an upgrade on Mcintosh. Remember, other than the few games CPep screwed up, the line played well. Harrington/Lemon were rarely sacked and Ronnie Brown had over 1,000 yards and averaged over 4 yards per carry.

If we have a shot at Quinn, we take him and either draft Staley or sign a free agent left tackle (which will be hard to do). If the Fins had me as there draft consultant last year we wouldn't be worried about this because they would have drafted Marcus Mcneil, who was arguably the best rookie at any position last year. If I'm not mistaken, I heard during the playoffs that he started every game at left tackle and didn't commit a penalty and gave up 1 or 2 sacks. If that is correct, he might have been the best left tackle in the NFL last year, rookie or otherwise. I digress.

I never hear anything about this guy Alabi. Can he play or not? What about trying to develope Toledo at LT? If he is ever going to be able to stay on the feild.

i would take quinn over ginn he may be a bust the next ryan leaf or the next harrington but he may be the next carson palmer with some good coaching cam cameron we need to take riks

Actually, they'll probably trade Carr and trade for...Jake Plummer. I think that the Texans are gonna take a break from trying to develop a young QB. Just my opinion.

I have heard more speculation about them signing Plummer than drafting Quinn because of Kubiak

ESPN just reported yesterday that the texans won't trade carr unless it is a sweet deal. He isn't going anywhere.

I like beefing up our Oline. but three new guys would mean a little bit of a learning curve would have to take place. It might not be great right away but it would take a little time.

Quinn had better show me something at the combine, cuz he didn't show me jack in college. I would rather trade up to the top four to get a sure playmaker with our first round pick or trade down and get more picks from somebody for our ninth.

WE can get a good QB in later rounds, and if not there will be plenty in FA this year. Next years QB's will be even better than the ones in this years draft.

If cpep plays well we won't even be having this conversation next year.
If he plays bad, we will have a better backup than harrington so all won't be lost. But in 08 we will prolly dump cpep and look QB than.

Uh...in order to 'trade' David Carr...there has to be someone who 'wants' David Carr...now, if you're the owner of an NFL franchise...would you want someone else's "trade-in"?, or would you rather buy "new"...I'm thinkin ya buy new!

Back
Top Bottom