The Worst Article I HAVE..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Worst Article I HAVE.....

Oh cut the guy some slack.

It has to be hard to pretend to be a man, write articles about a sport in which you have no understanding, and be on your period all at the same time.

I tried to e-mail him, but appropriately enough, when you click on his little....um link, it doesn't have an address. :rolleyes:

He did say something positive though...nope sorry, my mistake.

Yeah, i'd like to send my resume to be a "football insider" because if this assclown can be one, as clueless as he is, then anyone has a shot :goof:

One more thing: History indicates that one major player acquisition rarely leads to drastic improvement in a team from one year to the next. See: Dana Stubblefield in Washington, Andre Rison in Cleveland, Jeff George in Oakland, Joey Galloway in Dallas, Keyshawn Johnson in Tampa Bay, Ricky Williams in New Orleans.[/B]

Kind of convenient he forgets to mention the most recent example of a major running back trade.... Marshall Faulk.

Also, I still don't see how ANYONE can consider Ricky Williams a bust in New Orleans... yes, he didn't make them an instany Super Bowl contendor, BUT the Saints were perennially bottom-dwellers with almost zero fan following prior to the RW acqisition. Within 1 year they were in the playoffs and contending, even knocked the Super Bowl Champion Rams out of the playoffs. I still fin it amusing that you can't find very many Saints fans to defend Ricky Williams... yet when you watched any of their games on TV the past couple years you would see nearly half of the fans in the stands wearing a #34 on their back.

this guys an idiot. Just look at his ugly a$$$$$.

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
Oh cut the guy some slack.

It has to be hard to pretend to be a man, write articles about a sport in which you have no understanding, and be on your period all at the same time.

I tried to e-mail him, but appropriately enough, when you click on his little....um link, it doesn't have an address. :rolleyes:

He did say something positive though...nope sorry, my mistake.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jason Taylor gets pushed around in the run game?? Watch a game and tell me that with a straight face

Sam Madison's big mouth gets him in trouble?? Whoa, nice comeback, Jet fan. And when does Sam ever get "in trouble"?? Oh yeah, those two times when Coles beat him.

Zach can't matchup with physical RBs and centers?? I guess this guy's never seen Zach's "Bus Stop" on Bettis on 4th and 1. And I guess the former #1 center in the league (who has a 6 inch and 60 lb advantage) going unblicked makes Zach inferior to physical players.

The interior DL isn't suspect. It just can't stay healthy. When healthy, it's dominant.

Dude, this guy's a JET FAN. And he's obviously basing all this crap on the Phins games vs the Jets.

The interior DL IS suspect if not healthy......that's the point!

If your interior DL is not playing as well as in years past:

1) Jason Taylor AND Zach Thomas are less effective vs run

2) Both CBs will have increasing difficulties because opposing offenses will have more 2nd & 3rd downs with short yardage.

evidence: last year.....run defense in the last few games suffered without a healthy DG......if the DTs are not tying up OL, zach Thomas faced more interior OL and he wasn't as effective

None of this can be refuted!

Actually...

... the DT situation at the end of the year last year was even worse than you discribed. If I remember correctly 4 of our DT's had some sort of nagging injury that either hampered them at the end of the season or limited their playing time at the end of the season.

I don't think that happen this year, but only time will tell. I don't think the DT situation for the Dolphins can get any worse than it did last year and the Dolphins secondary was still the #1 unit in the NFL. Your Dolphins secondary theroy doesn't translate to reality, last year proved that. The Dolphins simply have the BEST secondary in the NFL.

Oh and by the way no JT does not get pushed around. His year last year was better than his pro-bowl 2000 season. JT is prob the BEST all around LDE in the NFL.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

2) Both CBs will have increasing difficulties because opposing offenses will have more 2nd & 3rd downs with short yardage.

evidence: last year.....run defense in the last few games suffered without a healthy DG......if the DTs are not tying up OL, zach Thomas faced more interior OL and he wasn't as effective

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

What a completely ridiculous arguement!

1) ANY team that suffers injuries in a particular area becomes "suspect" in that area.

2) This writer:rolleyes: is saying that the DL is suspect when not healthy, so in effect so are Zack,JT and the secondary.......well lets see how effective Urlacher is without Ted Washington or lets see how effective Ray Lewis will be without Tony Saraguisa(?) or Sam Adams.

3) Lets take a healthy OL away from Curtis Martin or Marshall Faulk and see how "suspect" the running game becomes, then in turn see how suspect their QBs passing game becomes because of a lack of running,,, well hell then the WRs must be "suspect".

4) Let me take your Video card out of your PC and see how "suspect" your Madden 2003 becomes! :lol:

5) If one component of a unit isn't playing well injuries or not it will effect the rest of the unit. If the DL isn't getting a pass rush then the LBers have to blitz, then the secondary suffers because they have no LB support. If the OL isn't playing well the RB and QB become "suspect".

Maybe this is why football is the ultimate team sport.

Hey here's a thought, lets take Bob Glaubers' brain away and see if his writing becomes"suspect".......nawwwww it'll probably improve.

Oliver you're right in this case the secondary held up but the run D didn't.

"1) Jason Taylor AND Zach Thomas are less effective vs run"

And that is still considerably better than what most teams have at those respective possitions.

Back
Top Bottom