Theory on the sack issue | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Theory on the sack issue

jimlerario

Active Roster
Reaction score
The go/go-go pre snap.
when the dline hears the one go, they go straight for Tannehill, not worrying about them running.
then the dline get in a rhythm after hearing it for so many times, and defend either the run or the pass, never both.

Face palm...you have got to be kidding me.

Sorry..wasn't meaning to be an ass...we have just been over go go go...a few hundred times already.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

you're 2 months late. there hasnt been a 'sack issue' for a few games now.

I'm watching the replay now. Hes not wrong with what he's saying. I still don't understand the logic behind this cadence but if we're winning games and the OL as a whole is productive then this is a non issue.

I for one always thought this go, go, go cadence had merit, but now I realize if it did we would be losing and Tanny would have been on IR.

At first, I thought it had a bigger effect on the run, but it's mostly affecting our pass protection

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

I'm watching nfl replay but thought this when I was watching the game live also

Watching Brady again in the replay shows that you cannot tell if they're gonna pass it or run it, and they obviously do that for a reason, you don't see brady getting sacked 50 times

I'm watching the replay now. Hes not wrong with what he's saying. I still don't understand the logic behind this cadence but if we're winning games and the OL as a whole is productive then this is a non issue.

The OL is productive because they have the go down pat, and get the jump on the D waiting to see if there is a second go coming. BRILLIANT!!!

I don't see it getting changed any time before next off season anyway. This was an OC issue and for whatever reason Sherman liked it going into the season and set the offense up this way. We will have to wait until next season to see if he keeps it or not.

Watching Brady again in the replay shows that you cannot tell if they're gonna pass it or run it, and they obviously do that for a reason, you don't see brady getting sacked 50 times

Try watching the OL, and how they move in the fraction of a second from the snap for pass or run t tell pass or run. IF RT had the same OL as Brady, he could yell "I'M THROWIN HERE" and get sacked the same as Brady. :)

Just 37 times so far this season.

And that's from a QB that probably leads the league in passes under 5 yards.

i still think the GO's are a big issue, if I can tell every time when they are gonna run or pass, i am sure a professional can tell. Every time a Go is a pass except maybe 1 play a game. It drives me nuts they havent changed it

I was just using Brady as an example, this Candace has it's perks, but more flaws

I like your theory, I think that's why they do it but it has it's flaws

@@The OL is productive because they have the go down pat, and get the jump on the D waiting to see if there is a second go coming. BRILLIANT!!!

Back
Top Bottom