There Is A Better Chance That #rt17 Misses The Entire Season Than Returns The Week After The Bye.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There Is A Better Chance That #rt17 Misses The Entire Season Than Returns The Week After The Bye....

So if we cut him post June and carry that 5.6 mill of dead money for 2020 we'd have to add that to another 5.6mill so pretty much we either take a hit of 13mill in 2019 or 11mill in 2020. But we already will have 13mill on dead money for Suh in 2019 and nothing in 2020 so the best would be to cut him post June and take the 11mill dead money him in 2020 as THAT is the only dead money we're on the hook for that year unless of course our FO give away more dumb deals.

We still have $7.9 in 2019 even with the post June 1. Unless we are contenders in 2019 (I know, LOL), I think that if he is cut it should be pre June 1. We should take our lumps in 2019, if we are at all able.

Last edited:
This is going to be a very interesting off season to say the least...

I can't understand stand this Brock hate. He's the back up quarterback. It's between him and Fales at this time. If tannahill was available then it would be valid discussion. Would Fales be better. He has no real history to go by. The only chance this team has THIS YEAR is to go and root for Brock. He made 29 million dollars over the last 2 years because of his Houston contract. He's getting the veteran minimum this year. He's not doing it for money-he wants to play and succeed . I agree a HEALTHY Tannahill would be better but he's not here.
I don't get it either. It's not like there is a QB competition. The starter is hurt, the back up plays. Instead of rooting for the Dolphins it is a constant pissing and shitting on Osweiler and constant hopes of losing. :bobdole:

We still have $7.9 in 2019 even with the post June 1. Unless we are contenders in 2019 (I know, LOL), I think that if he is cut it should be pre June 1. We should take our lumps in 2019, if we are at all able.

I think now that you can carry forward the cap from previous years, it's kind of a moot point. If you designate after June 1, but don't spend the money, and carry it forward, you'll still have the cash for the next season to offset the dead cap. That's how it seems to work I think.

Ya think? I’d bet RT17 never plays another down for the Miami Dolphins and I’m more than okay with that.

I think now that you can carry forward the cap from previous years, it's kind of a moot point. If you designate after June 1, but don't spend the money, and carry it forward, you'll still have the cash for the next season to offset the dead cap. That's how it seems to work I think.

That's true and it would give some flexibility.

"Chao said even though Tannehill insisted the fact he was advised not to throw, for now, is not a setback,"

Not a setback? This is becoming another circus Miami Dolphins cluster****: he isn't, he is. He can't, he might. After the bye week, not at all.

What. Is. Going. On?

we cant trade Tanny nobody would be interested.

Ignorant statement and not surprising considering the source. If he can regain his throwing motion then there will be interest. The only question becomes what are the Dolphins looking for in compensation.

I can't understand stand this Brock hate. He's the back up quarterback. It's between him and Fales at this time. If tannahill was available then it would be valid discussion. Would Fales be better. He has no real history to go by. The only chance this team has THIS YEAR is to go and root for Brock. He made 29 million dollars over the last 2 years because of his Houston contract. He's getting the veteran minimum this year. He's not doing it for money-he wants to play and succeed . I agree a HEALTHY Tannahill would be better but he's not here.

Frankly, Brock has played way better than I expected. I'd take him over Moore and Cutler, FWIW. He's no franchise QB but he's a lot better than most reserve QBs on cheap contracts.

Ignorant statement and not surprising considering the source. If he can regain his throwing motion then there will be interest. The only question becomes what are the Dolphins looking for in compensation.

$26 Million and any draft pick for a guy who has been injured 3 years in a row? Good luck making that trade. What is the path to healing this time, rest?

Last edited:
we will be in hard spot next yr at qb.
f/a Winston .boreless. bridgewater fitpatrick taylor hundley and mccown

"Chao said even though Tannehill insisted the fact he was advised not to throw, for now, is not a setback,"

Not a setback? This is becoming another circus Miami Dolphins cluster****: he isn't, he is. He can't, he might. After the bye week, not at all.

What. Is. Going. On?

I love Dr. Chao as much as the next guy, but as far as I know he has not examined Tannehill, nor has he seen any of his medical records or test results.

Back
Top Bottom