There Is A Better Chance That #rt17 Misses The Entire Season Than Returns The Week After The Bye.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There Is A Better Chance That #rt17 Misses The Entire Season Than Returns The Week After The Bye....

What is with this watching him play qb is painful narrative?

Watching Tannehill maybe grind out two touchdown drives a game was euphoria?

Brock appears stiff to me. Is it his height?

Neither QB pushes the ball downfield. I just want to see some throws into tight spaces for completions beyond 5 yards. That too much to ask?

I’m not criticizing as we weren’t getting much of that with RT either.

If Sunday wasn’t painful to watch you have a high threshold.

It's not a narrative.

I like when a QB can do lots of things.

Roll out and complete a pass.

Scramble for yardage.

Accurately throw the ball more than 10 yards on a regular basis.

Actually threaten a defense with the possibility of a completed deep pass.

Osweiler can't do any of those things. So, for me, watching him is painful.

But I wish him tremendous success, and I don't hate him. At all. He is who he is, and we're riding with him until Fales gets a shot (or Tannehill has a miraculous recovery).

And sorry, all you Tannehill haters, he can do every one of the things I listed very well.

Crazy Tannehill can do all those things yet still average less points per game with the same offense. That's including the touchdown he didn't lead them to in the New England, the special teams touchdowns, and gadget plays. Yes, i included them in Brocks average too.

We're not even talking stats anymore with Tannehill because a guy the Houston Texans traded a 2nd round pick just to get rid of is putting up comparable numbers in the same offense.

The new narrative is how majestic he looks leading us to less than 20 points a game. This is getting absolutely silly.

Crazy Tannehill can do all those things yet still average less points per game with the same offense. That's including the touchdown he didn't lead them to in the New England, the special teams touchdowns, and gadget plays. Yes, i included them in Brocks average too.

We're not even talking stats anymore with Tannehill because a guy the Houston Texans traded a 2nd round pick just to get rid of is putting up comparable numbers in the same offense.

The new narrative is how majestic he looks leading us to less than 20 points a game. This is getting absolutely silly.
Uh huh.

That would be a poor semblance of an argument if any QB for any team was 100% solely responsible for points scored by his offense.

Since that is not the case (it's a team game, you know 11 guys), it isn't an argument at all, and the fact remains that Osweiler cannot do the things I listed and Tannehill can.

Brock appears stiff to me. Is it his height?

Neither QB pushes the ball downfield. I just want to see some throws into tight spaces for completions beyond 5 yards. That too much to ask?

I’m not criticizing as we weren’t getting much of that with RT either.

If Sunday wasn’t painful to watch you have a high threshold.
I probably said this in VIP, but no QB in NFL history 6'7" (or taller) has ever succeeded.

There have been a handful at 6'6", very very few.

6'5" seems to be the cutoff for a legitimate possibility of success in the NFL.

I probably said this in VIP, but no QB in NFL history 6'7" (or taller) has ever succeeded.

Isn’t roethlisberger 6 foot 7?

It does seem like that, A certain amount of foot and hand dexterity is needed to play QB and there's more awkwardness and less body control the taller you get.

It does seem like that, A certain amount of foot and hand dexterity is needed to play QB and there's more awkwardness and less body control the taller you get.
As of the present, they have been too lumbering (probably), as time goes on humanity may produce extremely nimble giants. Not yet.

As of the present, they have been too lumbering (probably), as time goes on humanity may produce extremely nimble giants. Not yet.

Yep, especially in fine motor skills, feet,wrists,fingers you won't find too many elite tennis and ping pong players over 6'3.

Yep, especially in fine motor skills, feet,wrists,fingers you won't find too many elite tennis and ping pong players over 6'3.

Huge ppl will be less skilled in gross motor skills(arms and legs) as well, unless you have the proportionate muscle mass, Shaq is a good extreme example.

Back
Top Bottom