There Is A Better Chance That #rt17 Misses The Entire Season Than Returns The Week After The Bye.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There Is A Better Chance That #rt17 Misses The Entire Season Than Returns The Week After The Bye....

Ah oh well. I hate watching Brock, hopefully once we are mathematically elimniated form playoff contention, I know we aren't winning **** but the team isn't going to give up until they are done, we see Fales.

I was intrigued by the scenarios for getting rid of him, they aren't as bad as I thought. Finley could certainly be within reach with our first rounder with a mild trade up.

▪ Keep him under terms of his current contract, which would include $18.7 million base salary in 2019, with a $26.6 million cap hit. This option might be difficult to justify if Tannehill misses the final 11 games of the season, after missing 19 games over the previous two seasons because of knee injuries.

▪ Release him without a post June 1 designation. In that scenario, the Dolphins would have $13.4 million in dead money on its 2019 cap as a result of Tannehill’s contract but would have a cap savings of $13.2 million.

▪ Release Tannehill with a post June 1 designation. The Dolphins would have $7.9 million in dead money on its 2019 cap as a result of Tannehill’s contract but would have a cap savings of $18.75 million. But the flip side of that scenario would be that Miami’s cap would carry another $5.6 million of Tannehill’s dead money in 2020.

▪ Try to convince Tannehill and his agent, Pat Dye, to restructure his contract and accept a lower base salary for 2019.

Bet he takes a pay cut to come back for 2019.

This seasons sure gone up in smoke. Smh
I hope that's the case but it's unlikely that he's going to make it through the season without getting hurt again. He is now prone to the type of injuries that make you miss significant time. So even if he comes back, we're still screwed if we don't have a solid backup. Then again, that might not be so bad since we need to be in a position to draft a QB high in 2020.

I was intrigued by the scenarios for getting rid of him, they aren't as bad as I thought. Finley could certainly be within reach with our first rounder with a mild trade up.
So if we cut him post June and carry that 5.6 mill of dead money for 2020 we'd have to add that to another 5.6mill so pretty much we either take a hit of 13mill in 2019 or 11mill in 2020. But we already will have 13mill on dead money for Suh in 2019 and nothing in 2020 so the best would be to cut him post June and take the 11mill dead money him in 2020 as THAT is the only dead money we're on the hook for that year unless of course our FO give away more dumb deals.

I hope that's the case but it's unlikely that he's going to make it through the season without getting hurt again. He is now prone to the type of injuries that make you miss significant time. So even if he comes back, we're still screwed if we don't have a solid backup. Then again, that might not be so bad since we need to be in a position to draft a QB high in 2020.

If that’s your plan ie 2020 you need to get anything competent at qb injury prone or not out of the building. Otherwise you won’t sniff it. Without giving up your future to try and get there in trade.

If that’s the plan you need a top 5 pick. I don’t think this teams gonna be that level bad for ya.

I trust CK’s info more than most people covering the Dolphins, but this is all speculation and here say. Either way His injury sounds worse than what the team is making it out to be just like his acl Injury.

The only thing that was gonna take this dude out of Miami was injury and of course we’ve found it the last 3 years.

20 years no damn qb get one beat the odds for 5 years with the kid taking a pummeling and incompetence every where finally get someone in the building who isn’t lost and this happens the next 3 years straight.

You couldn’t make it up if you tried.

If that’s your plan ie 2020 you need to get anything competent at qb injury prone or not out of the building. Otherwise you won’t sniff it. Without giving up your future to try and get there in trade.

If that’s the plan you need a top 5 pick. I don’t think this teams gonna be that level bad for ya.
With the way this team is trending I wouldn’t doubt this team being super bad next year.

I can't understand stand this Brock hate. He's the back up quarterback. It's between him and Fales at this time. If tannahill was available then it would be valid discussion. Would Fales be better. He has no real history to go by. The only chance this team has THIS YEAR is to go and root for Brock. He made 29 million dollars over the last 2 years because of his Houston contract. He's getting the veteran minimum this year. He's not doing it for money-he wants to play and succeed . I agree a HEALTHY Tannahill would be better but he's not here.

Everything about this from the start to the current situation reeks of an injury that ultimately ends Tanny's season...and possibly his time in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom