There is a new No. 3 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There is a new No. 3

MikeO said:
you are wrong in that you FAIL to realize that the big east teams that were left behind when VT,Miami,BC left were stuck in a bind. You can't, you can't, YOU CAN'T on 1 or 2 years notice go out and schedule a Florida, Texas, USC....etc. It ain't gonna happen!!! Ever!!!

WV had this years and last years schedule mapped out years ago. And they planned on it being Miami, VT, BC, Maryland, Pitt...etc. Which is a quality schedule. When 3 of those teams leave your conference and you have almost NO notice or time to replace them......what do you want them to do???

Now, IF your argument is they play a weak schedule that is one thing. And if you don't want them in the BCS, well then throw them OUT of the BCS prior to the season!!! But you want mid-way through the season to esentially change the rules and not let 1 of 2 unbeaten teams (L'ville or WV) in the championship game!!! THAT is where you are wrong!!

Are you even reading this conversation!?! We're talking about OUT OF CONFERENCE schedules!! Who cares about teams that left the Big East!! We're talking about teams that have nothing to do with the Big East. I realize that schedules are made YEARS ahead of time. Ohio State scheduled Texas something like 4 years ago. Do you not hink that WVU had a National Championship on their minds 4 years ago!?!?

They should have scheduled someone good 4 years ago and kept someone good on the schedule for years to come. It's no one's fault but the program for not scheduleing the games.

MikeO said:
Now, IF your argument is they play a weak schedule that is one thing. And if you don't want them in the BCS, well then throw them OUT of the BCS prior to the season!!! But you want mid-way through the season to esentially change the rules and not let 1 of 2 unbeaten teams (L'ville or WV) in the championship game!!! THAT is where you are wrong!!
And where you are wrong is that the BCS say NO WHERE that the championship game will feature undefeated teams. BUT, it does say that it will feature the two best teams in the nation. A one loss team could be better than WVU. Especially if that one loss tema has jumped through hoops by playing tough teams, rather than crap teams and then saying, "Hey consider us!! We're undefeated!! You can't leave us out, we're in the BCS too!!" Whoopie! Well, you're right, they are in the BCS and should be considered. And that is why if you look at the BCS standings Ohio State and Michigan are WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY ahead of the #3 team in %. Believe it or not, there is a reason for that!!

MikeO said:
Not every team can play in the SEC and play that schedule.

So let's just punish everyone else??? Makes no sense.

Why does it have to be so negative? Why can't it be "rewarding" the teams that play the tough schedules instead of "punishing" the teams that don't? Strength of schedule is in the BCS formula for a reason.

Motion said:
Why does it have to be so negative? Why can't it be "rewarding" the teams that play the tough schedules instead of "punishing" the teams that don't? Strength of schedule is in the BCS formula for a reason.

Ummm, actually Strength of Schedule is NOT in the BCS formula. It was taken out over 2 years ago, a bad move in my opinion.

OSUDauby said:
Ummm, actually Strength of Schedule is NOT in the BCS formula. It was taken out over 2 years ago, a bad move in my opinion.

Because the S.O.S punishes the good team in a lesser conference having a good year. THey had to take it out. It wasn't fair!!!! The little guys never got a chance.

Like George Mason could ever get to the final four???!! :shakeno: :sidelol: With your logic teams like George Mason would never get a chance to go to the Final Four in basketball! Same works here in football.

OSUDauby said:

clear.gif

MikeO said:
Because the S.O.S punishes the good team in a lesser conference having a good year. THey had to take it out. It wasn't fair!!!! The little guys never got a chance.

Like George Mason could ever get to the final four???!! :shakeno: :sidelol: With your logic teams like George Mason would never get a chance to go to the Final Four in basketball! Same works here in football.

Oh no, COMPLETELY different. I can't believe you'd even use that as an example. Basketball has a playoff system, how can you compare?

MikeO said:

Ummm actually there is no similarities involved here. If George Mason is having a "good year" they would win their conference and get into the 40 team bracket and then continue to win. It would have nothing at all to do with an equation much like the BCS. College basketball is simple. Win and your in.

OSUDauby said:
Ummm, quality win is no longer a factor either. Am I the only one who follows college football in thie college football forum?!?!
http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/7499505
You would think so by hearing you talk, thats for sure. What did we ever do without your guidance?!?!?

The actual numbers may be eliminated but I'm sure its still a factor with the voters.

OSUDauby said:
Ummm actually there is no similarities involved here. If George Mason is having a "good year" they would win their conference and get into the 40 team bracket and then continue to win. It would have nothing at all to do with an equation much like the BCS. College basketball is simple. Win and your in.

While I agree in basketball it's simple, win and you're in. But some of the BCS games play out the same, because certain conferences are guaranteed bids to those bowls. That doesn't affect the NC game, I'm just saying it affects other BCS games. I would still prefer a playoff system though.

Back
Top Bottom