There is a new No. 3 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There is a new No. 3

DonShula84 said:
WVU has only played 1 team, 1, with a winning record so far. I'd hope they play a few tough games down the stretch. Though it isnt like Rutgers has played anyone either so it's hard to judge the Big East teams because it seems like they all set themselves up to have good records.
WOW, that kind of says it all. Come on, one team with a winning record? In college? We are not saying one top 25 team, but just one with a winning record? DS84, is that really right?

And WVU fans, you are trying to defend that? So you play two top 25 teams (one that was predicted at the beginning of the season - Rutgers has been a pleasant surprise), and only what 4 teams with a winning record all year?

That is good enough just bc you scheduled Maryland? Come on, then compare that to UF's schedule and seriously, you think an undefeated run through that schedule is better than one loss through UF's schedule?

Oboy said:
WOW, that kind of says it all. Come on, one team with a winning record? In college? We are not saying one top 25 team, but just one with a winning record? DS84, is that really right?

And WVU fans, you are trying to defend that? So you play two top 25 teams (one that was predicted at the beginning of the season - Rutgers has been a pleasant surprise), and only what 4 teams with a winning record all year?

That is good enough just bc you scheduled Maryland? Come on, then compare that to UF's schedule and seriously, you think an undefeated run through that schedule is better than one loss through UF's schedule?

I just looked back over the schedule and East Carolina at 4-4 is the best team they've played, record wise, other than Maryland.

WVU has some good teams coming up, but I cant take them too seriously until I see them in those games.

Bumpus said:
Bottom line ...

If you wanna' play for the title, DON'T LOSE!!!

Well actually the strategy seems to be Dont play anybody worth a crap

First off can't believe I screwed up that cal-tenn game up in my previous post. Anyways on to the subject at hand.

The big problem is that most people are still bashing the BigEast conference even though they have played well as a whole this year. It is an 8 team conference that will probably send 5 teams to a bowl game. Likely with only 2 teams in the conference with a losing record ; UConn and Syracuse. I pointed out their games earlier to show that even the bottom teams in the BigEast play well and you have to be on your game every week or you could lose. It isn't like the bottom teams in the BigEast are Duke or NothWestern. They are decent teams, Syracuse played Iowa to double overtime.... I guess that matters none.

The BigEast lacks that high profile team that has been in the NC hunt for the last few decades. They lack the mystic if you will. So you look at the conference and bash it. The 'Top Schools' have their little country club and they don't want to let the scrubs from the BigEast in it. Well we are in it and we are beating down the door. Like it or not.

Guess we all have to just wait till bowl season rolls around and see who does come out on top. It's all just talkin trash till then.

Motion said:
This is the most asinine comment I've read on here in awhile. What team wants to lose a game? :shakeno: Try playing a tougher schedule.

Motion said:
Any team that loses at home, regardless who its too has no excuses. As well as any team that is beaten by an unranked team. Now as for the OSU/Mich loser, unless its a nail biter that goes to the wire or OT the loser had their chance, move on. I do see what your saying though.
Which is it?

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
First off can't believe I screwed up that cal-tenn game up in my previous post. Anyways on to the subject at hand.

The big problem is that most people are still bashing the BigEast conference even though they have played well as a whole this year. It is an 8 team conference that will probably send 5 teams to a bowl game. Likely with only 2 teams in the conference with a losing record ; UConn and Syracuse. I pointed out their games earlier to show that even the bottom teams in the BigEast play well and you have to be on your game every week or you could lose. It isn't like the bottom teams in the BigEast are Duke or NothWestern. They are decent teams, Syracuse played Iowa to double overtime.... I guess that matters none.

The BigEast lacks that high profile team that has been in the NC hunt for the last few decades. They lack the mystic if you will. So you look at the conference and bash it. The 'Top Schools' have their little country club and they don't want to let the scrubs from the BigEast in it. Well we are in it and we are beating down the door. Like it or not.

Guess we all have to just wait till bowl season rolls around and see who does come out on top. It's all just talkin trash till then.
Exactly, just like we were the friggin' joke in last year's Sugar Bowl ...

Honestly, most of the posters here act as if we are squeaking out victories against the Helen Keller Institute for Braille Research and Whatssamatta U. (Go ahead one-loss haters, insert your witty remark here) While our schedule has not been difficult as of yet ... we are blowing all of these teams out. Name me another of the "recognized powers" that would have to deal with this crap. I can hear what the analysts would be saying "While this team has a few problems in its secondary, the offense - especially the running game, far makes up for it. This is a team to contend with come January."

At this point WE control our own destiny ... hate all you want ... we're not listening.

Time to kick down the friggin' door!

Oboy said:

uh huh ... quick question. What was your opinion on USC?

DonShula84 said:
I just looked back over the schedule and East Carolina at 4-4 is the best team they've played, record wise, other than Maryland.

WVU has some good teams coming up, but I cant take them too seriously until I see them in those games.
UF will play them too

Bumpus...play UL first, then talk crap...you need a resume to apply for a job, and your previous jobs suck compared to teams like UF, AUB, UTenn, ND

I like WV, I hope they have a chance to face a worthy opponent, but until then, UF's argument is better

sigh i kinda wish UF wasn't in the middle of all of this, because i really want to see WVU/louisville play for the national title. or at least i want michigan and OSU to both lose somehow and have a UF vs. WVU/Louisville title game. :yes:

My question is, why isn't anyone hyping Boise St. to be in the Natl. Championship game? Same deal. You think undefeated teams should play for the title regardless of the cake walk schedules then Boise should be getting plenty of praise as well.

Do any of you truly believe the rankings should be

1) WV
2) Louisville
3) Rutgers
4) Boise State

Are those really the 4 strongest teams in college football?

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Bumpus...play UL first, then talk crap...you need a resume to apply for a job, and your previous jobs suck compared to teams like UF, AUB, UTenn, ND

I like WV, I hope they have a chance to face a worthy opponent, but until then, UF's argument is better
Point taken.

I just get sick and tired of people bashing the 'Eers.

Motion said:
What do you mean which is it? Those two posts have nothing to do with each other.
Well, since you asked...

First you imply that Florida should get a shot at the national championship game ahead of an undefeated WVU because it has played a tougher schedule.

Then, you say that the loser (of the upcoming Ohio State/Michigan game) had their chance, and they should simply move on.

... see what I'm getting at?

DonShula84 said:
WVU has only played 1 team, 1, with a winning record so far. I'd hope they play a few tough games down the stretch. Though it isnt like Rutgers has played anyone either so it's hard to judge the Big East teams because it seems like they all set themselves up to have good records.

Oh my god, its like beating your head into a wall.

These schedules are made years in advance. When Miami, VT and BC all left....it isn't like you can go out and just add other top teams to replace them!!!! The Big East teams were left hanging.

ONE EXAMPLE........So, your telling me if a team like Syracuse 6 or 7 years ago had a schedule planned for this year of Miami, VT, BC, Iowa, Pitt, WV, Illnois, Wake Forest.......that its a bad schedule?? But take away VT, MIami, and BC and of course the schedule looks like crap. Then throw in that Illnois stinks now something nobody has any control over.....and you end up with what you got. You can't say the Big East is "trying to set themsleves up to have a good record". The conference was raided and left every team in a huge hole for about the next 5+ years or so. These schedules are set years, yes years in advance!!

Back
Top Bottom