There is not 1 match up nightmare on this team | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There is not 1 match up nightmare on this team

Let's play make believe with this season and everything else considering. Which of the follow two hypotheticals likely gave us an additional win this season and a post-season berth:

1) Pitts on this roster replacing Mike Gesiciki
2) A reciever like Chase/Smith replacing P.Williams or Grant etc

Misread your previous post. Read more about Pitts and you are right, they are too similar and don't compliment each other like Gronk/Hernandez.

Definitely got to go with #2. Curious if Miami will take one with the third pick though

Mike Gesecki is an excellent receiver and a keeper. He can do the one handed catches or the leaping grabs. He is a red zone miss match.

I wonder what NFL teams have the fewest offensive players on fantasy teams. We've gotta be pretty low over the second half of the season with Tua in there.

The people anointing Lawrence only watched the NC game from a couple years ago. That's it.

That's where all of it is coming from.
There's a lot more to it than that. He's performed at an elite level from the moment he arrived in CFB and he's done that at the biggest stage in that level. But success in CFB with a bevy of elite offensive talent in an increasingly offense-heavy level is a different animal than performing in the pros. One can be an elite passer in college without having the same processing skills needed to succeed in the pros, and being in an elite system can often be a hindrance to the development of such.

Who's waiting, why they hell would I know ? I simply made the statement, he won't be asking minimum. It's likely to be a big contract. When did I say anything else ??? It's you who is for some reason making demands here.

So as a team you have a decision to make, you can let him play out the final year of the rookie deal (with the risks that come with that) or negotiate an extension this off season. The decision will revolve around whether they feel Mike fits with the way this team is developing and what they feel they can get if they cash in now, via a trade. Mike's way too inconsistent for me personally, a it's pretty apparent that there is little to no chemistry with Tua. For me it's a no brainer but I'm not the FO or privy to the thought processes of the team.

If you don’t know then why state as if you know?

There is simply no chemistry between him and Tua, personally I would cash in on Gesicki and try to target Pitts in the draft, he's a way better version.
The move to vote this the worst post of the month
The only recent weapon we have in Gesicki, and you want to get rid of him and draft an unproven rookie.....

The move to vote this the worst post of the month
The only recent weapon we have in Gesicki, and you want to get rid of him and draft an unproven rookie.....
There gators fans so they want Pitts. We would be a lot better if we trade down get Smith/ Chase. Then if we have to trade our 3rd to move up and get Waddle. Smith, Packer on the outside with Gesicki and Waddle on the inside. Would make for some sick mismatches.

Are matchup nightmares what garners a SB? I mean we had Wake and JT and Marino and Ricky? Still no SB wins.

But as you were...Give me complementary team ball any day.

Man Gesicki and Pitts would be fun to watch!
That's what I'm saying draft Pitts as if he was a Wide Receiver and basically just switch him to WR in our Offense. OR run a double TE offense with Pitts and Gesecki, oh boy that would be fun to watch. What we can't have is to run a single TE offense and have one of them sit the bench, they are both way to big of threats to the defense to do that.

Most of the good teams Have somebody you think wow how are we going to stop that

Maybe it’s offense or defense but on Miami is there anybody you think other fans say oh how’s my team gonna contain Devante Parker or Myles Gaskin.

The league is all about match ups and outside of our starting corners there are zero in our favor

Just as important, getting a WR who can get separation and has some speed would be a BIG help to DVP and Gesicki. Some positions help other positions.

Back
Top Bottom