There will be no shortage of highly qualified candidates knocking at Ross' door | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There will be no shortage of highly qualified candidates knocking at Ross' door

AvogadrosNumber

Active Roster
Reaction score
Grier, Flores, and Co. have a accomplished a heroic effort of gutting this team.
I do think they went too far.
There was no spirit out there today. Or was it no talent?

A quote by Dave Hyde (a paraphrase) that strikes me, "tanking is a dumb team's last resort."

Grier is a survivor, 20 years of mediocrity. He's seen every dumb decision.
But Grier doesn't know how to solve this team's QB troubles.
He's been here for 20 years. Only a generation QB solves that.

The only way to ensure that QB is to tank for the top pick.
Tanking is a dumb team's last resort

We have future assets of many executive's envy.
Are we sure Grier, Flores, and Co are the best to take full advantage?

Does Tua really want a part of this mess?
Do Free Agents want a part of this mess?

Ross will have a lot of suitors. I think its wise to to hire the best this business has to offer.

Go to John Schneider, go to Howier Roseman, go to Chris Ballard. Hire the best.
This job, a blank canvas, will require it.
Get out from under the dumb.

Ross signed off on it, so who will replace him?

He also signed off on hiring first timers as coaches.

What you all witnessed today is a team that collectively realized they had been sold a bad bill of goods. You know that when everyone signed up and camp began, they didnt tell the team or freea gent signings "well, here is the plan. We are going to completely tank fo the next year or two to get a qb (yeah, you can bet that wasn't layed on rosen), in fact, we will be doing everything we can TOO LOSE ending the pre season with letting go anyone who could help win a game or bring us a draft pic".

I had put up a video from nfl network with eisman explaining in detail how his contacts explained it all and how rosen never had a fair shot from day one. All of them said it was CLEAR he outplayed fitzPICKtric in late camp and in the pre season games. They called it a sad joke in miami. And we saw today the team saw it all in these days before the opener and no one came out today having any heart to play for boss ross and grier.

Flores was a dear in the headlights and got curb stomped. Any questions now who was actually running that defense in new england last year? The team played their arses off in camp and preseason bcause they were told to compete and win. But then, the lid came off with the videos of the tank planning and watching talented guys who fought hard for a spot on the foster and then being shown the door. They saw treason and lies and it broke everyones will to play for this staff.

It's going to hurt us for a long time. No free agents worth a damn are signing here. Every team, every player, all the coaches failed miserably against baltimore. Bad coaching and lies do that

For quality free agents to want to play here and players to re-sign here the next two drafts will be crucial.

No one will remember the bad if good follows.

Say Tua comes here next season and is the answer. They also hit on some linemen and low and behold this isn't a dumpster tire fire anymore.

Miami has the location and lifestyle for athletes. But the drafts will be key for this team becoming good again. Swing and a miss by Grier and you'll be looking at the next 2000's Cleveland Browns

I knew we'd see dumb overreactions after the first game of a rebuild season. Though, I think I am ready to start using the word tank now. maybe I'm overreacting too :lol:

Is this really a thread dedicated to firing our coach and entire FO one game into the season?

I mean...seriously?
Theres more drama on this webstite today then an episode of housewives of Beverly hills. I cant believe anyone is shocked by what they saw yesterday this has been the plan all summer. Keep a bunch of young players and see if theres anything to keep moving into next year. There is so many drama queens posting yesterday and today its really great entertainment.

Maybe the whole season will go this way- but those who have watched the NFL for long enough know that Week 1 isn't necessarily an indicator of an entire season. Hey, this is going to be painful; my concern is the coaches lose the team.
Look, yesterday we played a good team, that's well coached, with established players. We expected one offense and they gave another. This was going to be a stomping either way. We just have to hope for improvement each week. If we see that, we can breathe a little easier. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be judged for all posterity by the first day(or year) I spent doing my job. I am WAY better now after 30 years of it than I was right away. At least give the coaches a season.

Dolphins looked like a team that needs an EPL style relegation.

No chance Tua and his family sees the Dolphins after going 0-16 in an all out tank and think thats where they feel comfortable going.

Ross will do whatever it takes to ensure Tua and his family get what they are comfortable with. Grier and Flores will be a hard sell.

Grier, Flores, and Co. have a accomplished a heroic effort of gutting this team.
I do think they went too far.
There was no spirit out there today. Or was it no talent?

A quote by Dave Hyde (a paraphrase) that strikes me, "tanking is a dumb team's last resort."

Grier is a survivor, 20 years of mediocrity. He's seen every dumb decision.
But Grier doesn't know how to solve this team's QB troubles.
He's been here for 20 years. Only a generation QB solves that.

The only way to ensure that QB is to tank for the top pick.
Tanking is a dumb team's last resort

We have future assets of many executive's envy.
Are we sure Grier, Flores, and Co are the best to take full advantage?

Does Tua really want a part of this mess?
Do Free Agents want a part of this mess?

Ross will have a lot of suitors. I think its wise to to hire the best this business has to offer.

Go to John Schneider, go to Howier Roseman, go to Chris Ballard. Hire the best.
This job, a blank canvas, will require it.
Get out from under the dumb.

Only 32 teams in a very selective and merit based system. If you get a chance to put tape on a NFL team, you do it. And I do not care if you are a draft pick or FA.

All this talk is based in nothing but someone's cute talking points at PFT or whatever "news" you consume.

Dolphins looked like a team that needs an EPL style relegation.

No chance Tua and his family sees the Dolphins after going 0-16 in an all out tank and think thats where they feel comfortable going.

Ross will do whatever it takes to ensure Tua and his family get what they are comfortable with. Grier and Flores will be a hard sell.

Complete and utter nonsense.

Really how? Tua holds all the power. He doesn’t have to choose the Dolphins.

Draft.

And if he stays in college, then he competes with Trevor Lawrence for that topic pick in 2021.

I ask, did Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray make a fuss going #1 overall and to depleted teams? No, they accepted and look forward to that challenge.

If Tua doesn't want it, he isnt the player I thought he was.

It's Tua's dad who will drive that train. Hell, he MADE his kid throw left handed, beat him with a belt after a bad game and picked his school for him. Grier and Co. better be working the back channels to get in Pop's ear pronto.

Harbaugh showed what the rest of the NFL thinks of the Dolphins.

Fake punt, going for it inside of 5 yards. Complete disrespect. Repairing that image will not be easy.

Tua is the goal. It is the only result that justifies the means. They have to land him. There is no plan B. Therefore Tua holds all cards. He has plans A, B, C, etc.

Back
Top Bottom