There will be no shortage of highly qualified candidates knocking at Ross' door | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There will be no shortage of highly qualified candidates knocking at Ross' door

I knew we'd see dumb overreactions after the first game of a rebuild season. Though, I think I am ready to start using the word tank now. maybe I'm overreacting too :lol:
exactly. it'd have to be something like 79-10 before you couldn't really say people were overreacting. 59-10 is perfectly acceptable. besides, this coaching staff isn't dumb. why show their hand before they get all their future all-pros from chris grier's draft picks? expect very vanilla schemes the next couple years.

exactly. it'd have to be something like 79-10 before you couldn't really say people were overreacting. 59-10 is perfectly acceptable. besides, this coaching staff isn't dumb. why show their hand before they get all their future all-pros from chris grier's draft picks? expect very vanilla schemes the next couple years.
And here's the king of overreacting.

Draft.

And if he stays in college, then he competes with Trevor Lawrence for that topic pick in 2021.

I ask, did Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray make a fuss going #1 overall and to depleted teams? No, they accepted and look forward to that challenge.

If Tua doesn't want it, he isnt the player I thought he was.
You do know that a player has the right not to sign and demand a trade even once drafted, right? Ask Eli Manning.

It's Tua's dad who will drive that train. Hell, he MADE his kid throw left handed, beat him with a belt after a bad game and picked his school for him. Grier and Co. better be working the back channels to get in Pop's ear pronto.
This is part of why I think Tua ends as a mid-tier QB at best. All the important decisions are made by his family. We don’t even know if he plays because he loves the game, or if he plays because his folks make him.

I doubt if anyone, in their right mind, would want to come here...

It would take too long to undo what has been done by Flores and Grier. Players don't want to play for an inept organization, especially when their contract year is soon to come. Coaches don't want to be known as a perpetual loser because, high draft picks or not, thisnteam was stripped to the marrow, so not only do we have to hit on our picks...we have to hit on the filler as well.

I hope that this continues for another year, ot two...lessee if Ross blinks after his team is playing in empty stadiums.

You do know that a player has the right not to sign and demand a trade even once drafted, right? Ask Eli Manning.

There is 1 reason why that particular scenario happened and worked. And its because his last name was Manning. But you do understand right, if drafted by Miami....if he wants to play in the NFL, only 1 team will hold his rights to do so.

JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Vince Young, and Akili Smith say "hello."

Only Couch in 99 and Russell in 07, were #1s.

Since 1999, Vick, Palmer, Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Bradford, Stafford, Luck, Winston, Goff, Mayfield and Murray say... "hello".

Only Couch in 99 and Russell in 07, were #1s.

Since 1999, Vick, Palmer, Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Bradford, Stafford, Luck, Winston, Goff, Mayfield and Murray say... "hello".

This whole narrative that the #1 Overall Pick somehow leads to a QB having a LESSER chance to succeed is the single most confusing thing I've been reading from this site.

What world (completely devoid of logic) does someone have to live in to think that taking a QB #1 overall is somehow a less attractive proposition than say taking one at pick...15, or 25...or in the 2nd round?

It. Makes. No. Sense.

Really how? Tua holds all the power. He doesn’t have to choose the Dolphins.
If he doesn't feel "comfortable" going to the worst team in the league, then he's not ready to be the number 1 pick!

What kind of nonsense is being spewed right now? You think he holds a candle to Trevor Lawrence in 2021? Unless Lawrence literally implodes, he's an absolute LOCK for #1 overall. Tua better suck it up and get while the getting's good because he ain't gonna like what happens in 2021 if he refuses to come to Miami.

The only thing I would agree with on the OP is that they did take the tear down too far.

And when I see this, I know this team did the right thing. 20 plus years of this franchise having us believe we were contenders or a player or 2 away, told me it needed to be taken out.....root and stem.

With every blowout loss coming, Ross’ phone will be ringing more and more.

For what? Who’s calling? What idiot tries to solicit themselves for a job that’s not available?

You need to take a few steps back and regain some perspective. Maybe a few Xanax will help.

Get over it! the only thing you guys do is complain, no constructive criticism of facts, you guys knew the season was going to be like this now you complain because it's like this, shessh,

Back
Top Bottom