There will be no shortage of highly qualified candidates knocking at Ross' door | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There will be no shortage of highly qualified candidates knocking at Ross' door

And when I see this, I know this team did the right thing. 20 plus years of this franchise having us believe we were contenders or a player or 2 away, told me it needed to be taken out.....root and stem.

I do think they got rid of too much talent. Sorry. I would not have traded Tunsil (though did get a haul for him). You Rookie QB next year would be nice having a Stud OT.

Get over it! the only thing you guys do is complain, no constructive criticism of facts, you guys knew the season was going to be like this now you complain because it's like this, shessh,

There's failing and then there's FAILING. It's like a kid in class who fails a test with a 65 compared to a kid who fails the same test with a 25. One is easier to to come back from...the other, EVERYTHING has to hit (perfect scores the rest of the way, teacher drop a low test score, extra credit work).

People who say, "You wanted the tank and now you're complaining," seem to lose sight of this fact. The rumor that several players wanted to grab their hat (the revolt predicted after the Tunsil trade) should have been warning enough that Grier and Flores are the kid with the 25.

The worse thing that can happen to us is for Tua to look at us like a laughing stock and give us the middle finger salute. The I can imagine the 'positrons' new slogan being, "If you weren't with us at 0-16, don't be with us at 2-14!"

Hey, I fully expect Coach Flo to get time to develop this team. We're still on schedule. But, if he isn't, then lots of good coaching candidates will be salivating at all the young talent we have, especially if we hit on a QB.

It's Tua's dad who will drive that train. Hell, he MADE his kid throw left handed, beat him with a belt after a bad game and picked his school for him. Grier and Co. better be working the back channels to get in Pop's ear pronto.
I hope this doesn’t turn into Todd Marinovich 2.0, regardless of where Tua plays.

Boom! I would bet that Tua will join that list if he comes here.
Have you even watched more than 1 game of Tua’s?

Rosen right now should be more on that list because he’s shown what he is in one year in the NFL. Hell he can’t even beat out a journeyman qb.

I do think they got rid of too much talent. Sorry. I would not have traded Tunsil (though did get a haul for him). You Rookie QB next year would be nice having a Stud OT.

Tua is a lefty. The price tag to retain Tunsil isn’t team friendly considering he wouldn’t be protecting Tua’s blindside, which would then require another premium asset and eventual contract.

It sucks to lose a talent like Tunsil, but I understand the logic behind it.

Grier, Flores, and Co. have a accomplished a heroic effort of gutting this team.
I do think they went too far.
There was no spirit out there today. Or was it no talent?

A quote by Dave Hyde (a paraphrase) that strikes me, "tanking is a dumb team's last resort."

Grier is a survivor, 20 years of mediocrity. He's seen every dumb decision.
But Grier doesn't know how to solve this team's QB troubles.
He's been here for 20 years. Only a generation QB solves that.

The only way to ensure that QB is to tank for the top pick.
Tanking is a dumb team's last resort

We have future assets of many executive's envy.
Are we sure Grier, Flores, and Co are the best to take full advantage?

Does Tua really want a part of this mess?
Do Free Agents want a part of this mess?

Ross will have a lot of suitors. I think its wise to to hire the best this business has to offer.

Go to John Schneider, go to Howier Roseman, go to Chris Ballard. Hire the best.
This job, a blank canvas, will require it.
Get out from under the dumb.
I keep hearing people say that the front office went "too far" in the tear down, but I ask, who exactly other than Tunsil did this front office get rid of that could possibly be part of this team two or three years from now once the rebuild has taken place? The answer is no one.

Have you even watched more than 1 game of Tua’s?

Rosen right now should be more on that list because he’s shown what he is in one year in the NFL. Hell he can’t even beat out a journeyman qb.

Yep, I have seen several of Tua’s games and not impressed. I would trade the 1st pick for a kings ransom because we have a ton of holes.

Do you think Tua is better than Marino was? Marino couldn’t win a SB because he didn’t have the supporting players. No defense! ****, you put Marino on the Bills and they would have won 4 SBs back to back. Our team is worse than anything Marino had. No QB will be successful here until we fill the holes.

Yep, I have seen several of Tua’s games and not impressed. I would trade the 1st pick for a kings ransom because we have a ton of holes.

Do you think Tua is better than Marino was? Marino couldn’t win a SB because he didn’t have the supporting players. No defense! ****, you put Marino on the Bills and they would have won 4 SBs back to back. Our team is worse than anything Marino had. No QB will be successful here until we fill the holes.
Yet you’re more impressed with Rosen? Good grief.... A team can’t pass on a great QB IMO and Tua is a great QB, they have another 1 and multiple 2s to pick up Oline, and pick up some Oline in FA. You can’t do that with a QB.

Last edited:
His Dad will decide his future...guaranteed.

I didn't realize his parents had that kind of influence over his decisions. I'm not sure what that means for the Dolphins or any other organization that may acquire him.

Did you mind elaborating on the "not impressed". Just curious as to why you think he is not worth the number one overall pick.

Back
Top Bottom