TheRedzone.org reports Jason Taylor expected to sign with the Jets | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TheRedzone.org reports Jason Taylor expected to sign with the Jets

The Jets seem to be targeting name players that are way past their prime or lacking the skills to compete at a high level anymore. Cromartie, Tomlinson and now possibly Jason Taylor. They are all "name" players that will sell jerseys and help fill the new Giants Stadium. Really though, they are all players that probably won't make much of an impact and in Tomlinson's case no impact at all. You let Jones walk and sign Tomlinson? I still don't get that.

If this was 3-4 years ago, these signings would look good. Today? Just name players that will trick fans into spending money on their jerseys and paying to see them in person.

Yeah Cromartie is way past his prime at soon to be 26 years old:lol2:

LT wasn't signed to replace Jones, he was signed to more to replace Greene who is stepping into Jones' role. Again, in 2007 when we had a crappy OL Thomas Jones averaged 3.6 YPC, w/ the great OL in '08 he averaged 4.5. LT gets that great OL this year, expect him to be productive- he's not going to be LT from 3 years ago but we don't need him to be.

My favorite quote that I am sure you guys will love:

"Jason wants to win a Super Bowl, and he thinks he can do it with the Jets,"

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets...s_taylor_V4O99cH9DQ1IM6qim4IKaM#ixzz0kVmViXuV

LT wasn't signed to replace Jones, he was signed to more to replace Greene who is stepping into Jones' role. Again, in 2007 when we had a crappy OL Thomas Jones averaged 3.6 YPC, w/ the great OL in '08 he averaged 4.5. LT gets that great OL this year, expect him to be productive- he's not going to be LT from 3 years ago but we don't need him to be.

Re-read what I wrote. Cromartie falls under the category of not having the skills anymore. He had a great year in 2007. What has he done since though?

Two of those players on that "great" offensive line are really getting up there in age. No guarantee they continue to play "great" and they could start to break down and show their age. What happens then?

JT also thought he could win a Super Bowl in Washington. Your point?

Look this isn't about money and respect - but about playing time

- JT is getting up there in years - if he starts in NY there is a problem I thought they had depth... If he starts in Miami we already have less depth..., as far as who is closer to a SB - I take Henne over Sanchize

Your reading skills suck

Look this isn't about money and respect - but about playing time

- JT is getting up there in years - if he starts in NY there is a problem I thought they had depth... If he starts in Miami we already have less depth..., as far as who is closer to a SB - I take Henne over Sanchize

no man....didn't you know that getting to and losing the AFC Championship means that you are so damn close, that you are practically GUARANTEED to get to a Super Bowl within the next 3 years!!!!

I mean....it's happened 4x in the last 20 years!! (please disregard that 3 of those 4 occurrences were by the Steelers and Patriots...perrenial AFC powers).

So the Jests are a shoe-in!! :crazy:

Re-read what I wrote. Cromartie falls under the category of not having the skills anymore. He had a great year in 2007. What has he done since though?

Two of those players on that "great" offensive line are really getting up there in age. No guarantee they continue to play "great" and they could start to break down and show their age. What happens then?

JT also thought he could win a Super Bowl in Washington. Your point?

so Cromartie has lost his skills at age 26? he hasn't been great the last 2 years but they also haven't played as much man which is his strength. I think he'll be really good for at least this year while he has something to prove.

Woody is 32 and Faneca 33, not exactly ancient. They still have a couple of years left.

Taylor didn't think he could win a SB in Washington, he thought he could get back to the playoffs in washington. I agree, the guy is a not a winning palyer which is why I don't want him BUT our lone weakness on D is pass rushers and he could help us.

no man....didn't you know that getting to and losing the AFC Championship means that you are so damn close, that you are practically GUARANTEED to get to a Super Bowl within the next 3 years!!!!

I mean....it's happened 4x in the last 20 years!! (please disregard that 3 of those 4 occurrences were by the Steelers and Patriots...perrenial AFC powers).

So the Jests are a shoe-in!! :crazy:

It's not quite as close as finishing 7-9 or being a part of a team that hasn't won a playoff game in a decade but it's still close.

If JT to the Jets is very likely (as I'm hearing from this thread), then we all realize that he will sign a 1 yr contract for $1.5M. Not sure if this has been posted, but the Jets can't offer him any more then $1.5M. Are the Dolphins really not willing to sign this guy for $1.5M, b/c I think if he is willing to accept that with the hated Jets, he would rather take a deal with the Phins for the same money.

A future HOF DE who has played with the Phins for all but 1 year and was productive last year and in my opinion would be again this year in a rotational role and we won't offer him $1.5M?

The FO does realize that OLB is one of our biggest holes, correct?

Back
Top Bottom