TheRedzone.org reports Jason Taylor expected to sign with the Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TheRedzone.org reports Jason Taylor expected to sign with the Jets

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Guys I am on my mobile no link, sorry. Their is a report on Redzone.org the quotes a source as saying JT is expexted to sign and he would be surprised if he were to leave without signing.

is this a late april fools joke? redzone.org is some hippie site.

Funny how Jason Taylor showed so much hatred and disdain for the Jets, even going so far as to throw a football at their logo and now there is an imminent signing? Looks like he's getting repatriation for a team that he feels is dissing him. He wants to be back in South Fla, but it seems the organization is shunning him.

This is from Rotoworld

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that a "lot of people" believe the Jets will get free agent Jason Taylor signed before the end of the day.

A deal "very well could happen" during Taylor's Wednesday visit to Florham Park, Schefter confirms. Reporters like Jason La Canfora of NFL Network have doubted the marriage, but Schefter and the Newark Star-Ledger seem to believe one is likely. We should know more by day's end at the latest.

The Newark Star-Ledger reports that the Jets are fully expected to sign free agent Jason Taylor during his Wednesday visit.

"I’d be completely shocked if he left without signing," one source said. "Rex (Ryan) likes those tall, lanky, off-the-edge kind of guys that can wreak havoc." The move would likely threaten Bryan Thomas' spot on the depth chart, and obviously move down Vernon Gholston. Taylor wanted to return to the Dolphins, but GM Jeff Ireland's team is moving on without him.

Since when has Rex ever had a lanky off the edge defender play D for him. There is not one I can think of at this time. I wouldn't put to much stock into it. Schefter hasn't done anything since moving from NFLN to ESPN and the other report is from an unamed source from the Newark Star. This just seems like alot of hearsay to me. Plus the jests can only pay him 1.8 mil. He can get that from Miami. After today I doubt we see anything regarding Taylor to the jests until after the draft when Miami decides if they want him or not.

Now here is a conspiracy theory for you. With Taylor recently speaking with our FO don't you think he would have told them about the visit. What if he was sent there for a little espianage into what the jests have planned for the draft and potential trades.

This is from Rotoworld

The Newark Star-Ledger reports that the Jets are fully expected to sign free agent Jason Taylor during his Wednesday visit.

Since when has Rex ever had a lanky off the edge defender play D for him. There is not one I can think of at this time. I wouldn't put to much stock into it. Schefter hasn't done anything since moving from NFLN to ESPN and the other report is from an unamed source from the Newark Star. This just seems like alot of hearsay to me. Plus the jests can only pay him 1.8 mil. He can get that from Miami. After today I doubt we see anything regarding Taylor to the jests until after the draft when Miami decides if they want him or not.

Now here is a conspiracy theory for you. With Taylor recently speaking with our FO don't you think he would have told them about the visit. What if he was sent there for a little espianage into what the jests have planned for the draft and potential trades.

I don't think the FO needs a "player-spy" to get intel on a division opponents draft strategy. They study div opponents very precisely they know the main holes at each position, and they of course they scout the prospects too. So I guess we pretty much have a strong clue what the other div opponents are planning to do in the early rounds. Also i don't think the Jests or any other team would tell a player from a div opponent (unamployed at that time or not) who they are going to pick in the draft.
If they would give some clues it's all a smokescreen, imho

This would really piss me off. I don't really think he is going to be a huge threat against us. It's just Jason Taylor a New York Jet? Is hell freezing over?

The same report is on nbcsports now...bit more reliable source

I don't think the FO needs a "player-spy" to get intel on a division opponents draft strategy. They study div opponents very precisely they know the main holes at each position, and they of course they scout the prospects too. So I guess we pretty much have a strong clue what the other div opponents are planning to do in the early rounds. Also i don't think the Jests or any other team would tell a player from a div opponent (unamployed at that time or not) who they are going to pick in the draft.
If they would give some clues it's all a smokescreen, imho

It was a joke. Just trying to lighten the mood for all of the fans who are worried JT is going to actually sign with the jests.

If you notice the insider information says the jests organization expects JT to sign before leaving today, not JT expects to sign. Doesn't anyone remember Ryan Clark. We fully expected him to sign during his visit. He even said Miami was where he wanted to sign before his visit. How did that one end up?

Back
Top Bottom