These 12 Are Gone, Whose Your Pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

These 12 Are Gone, Whose Your Pick?

If that is what is left over and we cannot trade down...

1. Lindstrom
2. Wilkins
3. Burns
4. Murphy
5. Williams

I would add in Eric McCoy as the 6th, but I also feel like we can move up in the 2nd and possibly nab him.

That would not break well for us. Lets hope it doesn’t go that way
I think Denver could take Lock at #10. Gary is someone who I think could drop to #13. It's also possible that Buffalo doesn't take one of the offensive linemen and Miami has another choice there.

No man. Lock is not hit or miss. He is a good quarterback. And he is worth 2 firsts and a second or another first to us. Significant capital. If he slips, you run to the podium.
They should have moved up already to top 3 spots for a QB.
You could be right. There's a lot of good tape on Lock. I think Denver is the team to watch at #10, maybe even Cincinnati.

Would be ideal to trade down with a team that likes Lock or Jones (assuming that's a real thing), but Lindstrom is my favorite player left for Miami. Dillard and Lindstrom are my favorite OL in the draft. I'd also understand Jonah Williams. His testing was disappointing, but he showed good speed, and he's young - has physical talent to fill out. But, in Dillard and Lindstrom, you're getting elite pass protectors and elite athletes. I've said it elsewhere, but people put too much emphasis on run blocking and not enough on pass protection.
Williams is a possibility at RT. I think if Miami took him they might try him there first. Excellent point on pass protection. I think NE emphasizes that with their offensive lineman and, with a Patriots staff in place, that could be the case for the Dolphins as well.

How far down do you think Miami could trade and still get Lindstrom? I have this feeling the Chargers could be a trade-up possibility if Lock and Jones are both still there at #13.

Williams is a possibility at RT. I think if Miami took him they might try him there first. Excellent point on pass protection. I think NE emphasizes that with their offensive lineman and, with a Patriots staff in place, that could be the case for the Dolphins as well.

How far down do you think Miami could trade and still get Lindstrom? I have this feeling the Chargers could be a trade-up possibility if Lock and Jones are both still there at #13.

Think he probably goes in the 20s but could fall to the 2nd. Hard to tell with IOL. Ragnow and Price went early 20s and Daniels and Hernandez fell to the in 2018. Had all but Price in the Top 25, but I had Daniels and Hernandez Top 20.

Think he probably goes in the 20s but could fall to the 2nd. Hard to tell with IOL. Ragnow and Price went early 20s and Daniels and Hernandez fell to the in 2018. Had all but Price in the Top 25, but I had Daniels and Hernandez Top 20.
I think in a trade down Miami might be able to get four starters in this draft. It could take a little maneuvering (perhaps moving back into the 2nd round), but I do agree with concentrating on the offensive line early. A Chargers trade could net Miami an additional 2nd and 4th or 5th. With that #28 overall, maybe Lindstrom is still there. Howard, from Alabama State, in the 2nd and the Dolphins have essentially remade the offensive line. The team would still have a low 2nd rounder to find a pass rusher or a corner like Love.

I don't know what other teams might trade up and it probably depends mostly on the quarterbacks. I think the corners could start coming off the board about where the Dolphins pick so that's another possible trade opportunity.

If Miami stays at #13, I like Ferrell as someone who can set the edge and play physical brand of football.

Ferrell never even ran. Think they said he had a toe injury or something. No run combine no run pro day. What’s he hiding from?

I don’t like that.

I think Christian Wilkins is gonna be more closer to 25 than 15

I like burns for the upside play if it shook out that way but that doesn’t mean he fits what we do. I just like the value of the player in the class there.

Jonah Williams I think you can count on to be as assignment sound as anyone in the class. But I don’t think I could draft it as a right tackle plan a.

If Eric McCoy also projects at guard that’s not gonna help him see pick 48. But I think it’s possible he does. I don’t see top 25 there.

I believe that small school kid you guys keep talking about had a combine similar to jj watt.

I also think lindstrom is closer to 25 than 15.

Ferrell never even ran. Think they said he had a toe injury or something. No run combine no run pro day. What’s he hiding from?

I don’t like that.

I like burns for the upside play if it shook out that way but that doesn’t mean he fits what we do. I just like the value of the player in the class there.

Jonah Williams I think you can count on to be as assignment sound as anyone in the class. But I don’t think I could draft it as a right tackle plan a.

If Eric McCoy also projects at guard that’s not gonna help him see pick 48. But I think it’s possible he does. I don’t see top 25 there.

I believe that small school kid you guys keep talking about had a combine similar to jj watt.

That is a little concerning with Ferrell. His tape is really good, though. I'm not sure how Burns fits either, but I do like his pass rush ability. I think initially he would only play on pass downs.

What is your take on Greg Little? I know at one point he was considered a top 15-type prospect. I think he'd be a good fit for Miami at RT maybe with that 2nd round pick, or towards the end of the 1st round if the Dolphins trade back.

In this scenario it would be great to trade down. If a QB needy team calls, you bluff and let them think you want lock or Jones and hopefully get a couple extra picks. I think a team like the Skins would get nervous and try to jump in front of us to get Lock. Like the Cardinals traded in front of us to get Rosen. On paper it seemed like we needed Rosen but Gase was a dumbass and too stubborn to move on from Tannehill and it cost him his job, as it should.

What’s the thought on burns as a rush lb? Too much projection given the top 15 pick cost?

That is a little concerning with Ferrell. His tape is really good, though. I'm not sure how Burns fits either, but I do like his pass rush ability. I think initially he would only play on pass downs.

What is your take on Greg Little? I know at one point he was considered a top 15-type prospect. I think he'd be a good fit for Miami at RT maybe with that 2nd round pick, or towards the end of the 1st round if the Dolphins trade back.

Burns pure pass rush I believe translates in a big way. That’s why top 15 carrying 249 like he did doesn’t even phase me.

But unless you are drafting him as a rush lb at 13 id bet all the money in my wallet he gets drafted as a 34 wolb primary.

I don’t know anything about Greg little. Never looked at him

I don’t like that.

Agree with you on Wilkins, and most people would agree with you on Lindstrom. I don't think he's perfect, but his areas for improvement are ones I care less about and ones where I see him as likely to improve. At BC, he did not run block like a Will Hernandez, James Daniels, or Quenton Nelson. His pass pro, though, stacks up well with that group (though Nelson is on his own tier), and his physical tools project well for a run blocker, where it's often more about getting to a spot than driving someone off the ball (depending on the scheme). I think he holds up well in pass pro so well because he's a big guy relative to his athletic tools. There aren't many 6'4 308 guys who run 4.91, jump 30.5 and 117", and post a 7.61 3 cone and 4.54 shuttle. Lindstrom is bigger than Thuney and Mason, and he's a better athlete than either.

When I look at OL, a very high percentage of the evaluation goes into his ability to pass block - both on performance and projection. Chris Lindstrom is already great in pass pro, and his physical tools and age point toward a player who will only improve. Not only is pass pro more important (because passing is what wins and loses games in the NFL), it's easier to project.

I would prefer grab Lindstrom in a trade down, but I think he's one of the safest players in the draft, with a high ceiling. Miami's primary objective should be to build a line that can protect the 2020 QB. They have two years to do it, so they have 2 drafts, the rest of this FA period, and 2020 FA to build a quality unit - 4 of the 5 spots. Assuming you don't want to spend big in FA and hurt your comp picks, that probably translates to at least 3 Day 2 or earlier picks. If Dillard is off the board, OT being harder to fill with quality than OG, Lindstrom is the best pass blocker available on OL - and the best athlete. I'm not really worried about the D at this point. I'd like to add value pieces - maybe Banogu, Hollins, Nelson, Dean, Love fall further than they should. Would love to add those players to the D. But, if the team competes for anything in 2020, it will be an unexpected bonus. Use 2019 and 2020 to create a good situation for the new QB. The team can shift its asset focus to the D for the 2021 offseason. Ideally, Miami has a plan to fill the OL spots without using the 2020 2nd on OL. Like the chances of a high-end WR slipping out of the 1st - stacked group.

What’s the thought on burns as a rush lb? Too much projection given the top 15 pick cost?

I think Burns would look great in the Van Noy role. His weight concerns me less because of his age - about the same age as Josh Allen last offseason, when he added 20-30 lbs. And, as you noted, he tested very well at 249. Big picture, I don't know that the role is worth the investment at this stage for Miami.

Back
Top Bottom