These numbers don’t lie | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

These numbers don’t lie

Not going to disagree, but . . . I watch several games a week. Even backs like Henry and Kamara get a lot of yards with open hole. They can run 40 yards before first contact <exaggeration> Too often Miami's RBs make first contact before hitting the LOS. A big back wouldn't help a lot.
I’d be happy if we could muster 80–120 yards on the ground each week - no matter how it comes.

Not going to disagree, but . . . I watch several games a week. Even backs like Henry and Kamara get a lot of yards with open hole. They can run 40 yards before first contact <exaggeration> Too often Miami's RBs make first contact before hitting the LOS. A big back wouldn't help a lot.

What those guys do is turn a play Gasjin gets 7 or 8 on into a gain of 15 to 20.

They have holes,but even when we have holes we don't capitalize in the same way.

I like Gaskin but more as a pass catcher.

The Dolphins have not been able to control the line of scrimmage consistently for decades now. Until this team learns how to draft physical players and then have competent position coaches they will continue to be mediocre in a good year to awful on down years.

I think while our pass blocking is terrible our run blocking really hasn't been as awful as people want to transpose onto it. Yeah, we suck in short yardage/obvious rushing situations, but when we are going about the course of our offense between the twenties, either due to play design, catching the defense off guard, etc., our running backs aren't devoid of space.

Gaskin is hitting like 5 YPC this year, he does a great job getting to the second level but he does entirely lack ability to do more with a carry once he reaches there. Malcom Brown is slow and lacks power, thus he sucks at regular carries and can't convert short yardage (where as I've already said the line is a bit overmatched). Ahmed hasn't had great fortune in getting holes in limited opps. Still, there have been plays to make in the run game. Yeah, watch any amount of Kamara and Henry playing and you'll see some holes, but especially with Henry you get like 25-30 chances a game, and of course he's getting busted at the line too on same plays.

Pass blocking this team definitely resembles the 2013 disaster, but I saw that same 2013 line not even up a running hole till like the 7th game of the season versus the Bengals. Our run game has far more potential than that.

Lol! Numbers don't lie? Lol..the Tax man must love the OP.

Herbert has more yards than our entire team alone lol.

AMAZING!!! How could MIA have been so blind. A QB who can get more yardage alone without the help of RBs/receivers/OL.
I get your point and, so far, Herbert is the better QB, but comparisons without context hurt your case.

AMAZING!!! How could MIA have been so blind. A QB who can get more yardage alone without the help of RBs/receivers/OL.
I get your point and, so far, Herbert is the better QB, but comparisons without context hurt your case.
:lol:

This team is bad, like really bad, it's a roster issue, it's a coaching issue, it's a personnel issue.

The only positive from this season that can still happen (although odds aren't great) is that Tua plays the rest of the season and looks better and plays better. I say the odds aren't great because this team is so bad. I just don't want to go into 2022 season with the same headline of "what is Tua? Do we have a QB? "

Back
Top Bottom