These Quotes Tell Me Everything I Need To Know About Gase's Approach Thus Far | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

These Quotes Tell Me Everything I Need To Know About Gase's Approach Thus Far

I mean Indy stopped themselves most of the day . . . .believing your defense was the catalyst in stopping their offense is the coaching version of being a homer.

And even if your defense got lucky and forced a stop, it was still absolutely dumb as hell not to attempt a play on the final third down to move the sticks. If you fail, you fail, but I cannot deal with a coach who just concedes in that spot, in that situation. No excuse.

Remember Marino playing against colts and driving for game winning score, he ignored jmmy's instructions and told oronde to run a go route if they blitzed....Danny hit it for a huge gain and hit him again a few plays later for winning td. Gase & Tannehill left their balls in miami.

Remember one of the greatest QB's of all time with arm talent that hasn't been seen since, who was already a sure fire first ballot HOF'er with 15 years in the league... defying his coach? Yeah....why didn't Tannehill do that too? :asshat

Honestly, a safety at that point gives you a better chance to win than giving the opponent the perfect opportunity to run the clock down to zero with good field position for the game-winning score, unless you have a top 5 defense or the opponent has a bottom 5 offense. So sick of coaches that take terrible odds, just so they can try to say it's not their fault when they lose.

some day maybe Gase will understand winning a won game requires keeping your foot on the gas and attacking...

His teams have had the irrefutable signature of inconsistency -- can't score early and forced to fight up hill...

Finally get a lead and then fall down the hill...

Start out hot on O and then back to 3 and out ground hog day...

Make some big plays and then go into a shell...

Either way. We were over-matched and kinda lucky the score was so close.

There are times when the best action is a big gamble. That was the time. But, that doesn't match 'play not to lose.'

No kidding. I was hoping we'd throw deep off play action on the second to last possession.

Stun that crowd and send them toward the exits.

So giving them 2 points and then the ball afterwards is better than punting it away? I hate Gase’s horizontal offense but what you said doesn’t make sense

Honestly, a safety at that point gives you a better chance to win than giving the opponent the perfect opportunity to run the clock down to zero with good field position for the game-winning score, unless you have a top 5 defense or the opponent has a bottom 5 offense. So sick of coaches that take terrible odds, just so they can try to say it's not their fault when they lose.

So giving them 2 points and then the ball afterwards is better than punting it away? I hate Gase’s horizontal offense but what you said doesn’t make sense

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're right I'm an idiot. I should stop posting while sleep deprived.

Gase is nothing but a scared bitch. Plain and simple

I wonder how many times Peyton Manning actually changed the play when Gase called a BS play. Im sure there were many times PM went against what Gase wanted to do.

Gase doesnt have the balls to admit his own short comings.

this guy knows his team less than the majority of the fanbase it seems.
these are appalingly disconnected quotes.

He has to go..

Right.
But my beef is with the previous drive more so than this one.
We had better field position, and the running game was gaining yards, and we abandon it.

That's what chapped my ass - Indy wants the clock to stop to maintain a comfortable amount of time left.

Miami throws and stops the clock. Miami throws and stops the clock. Miami runs a lame attempt at a sweep.

Run the ****ing ball.

look, at this point the only question we need answered, is gase capable of out-thinking his pride. if not, he won't learn before he's fired.

It's almost as if someone throws ice cold water on Gase every time the game is on the line, because his balls shrivel up.

Even if he doesn't have audible privileges, why didn't he audible? What are they gonna do? Bench him for Osweiller? Cut him? Tannehill talked about being a competitor in the post game presser, saying he wants the ball in his hands. Well, he had the ball in his hands, but he decided not to audible and follow the instructions of his scared coach.

Someone said today if that would have been happen to a Rivers or Stafford or any QB with some significant time in the NFL they would have taken a time out and run screaming to the sidelines "what the **** are you calling".

Especially since they just ran the 3rd and 10 draw play on the previous possession and lost 5 yards.

look, at this point the only question we need answered, is gase capable of out-thinking his pride. if not, he won't learn before he's fired.

I'm starting to think Gase's "issue" is insecurity -- and that has a LOT to do with why he calls plays the way he does....

Point is -- this is a dude who has an "impressive resume" via association with Manning, Marks, Saban etc.

So he's been around "greatness" and had the chance to rub elbows -- but consider the possibility he does NOT see himself

as a genuine embodiment of that kinda "specialness." If so, his bravado etc. (including what some terms as stubbornness) is actually

a projection of his own insecurity! I think that analysis explains LOT more than the supposed fact he's just too "stubborn."

In addition, his insecurity is getting projected onto the team. That, IMO, eventually leads to a team that really doesn't believe

(deep down) they're gong to win critical games.

Just a possibility...

BNF

Back
Top Bottom