These Quotes Tell Me Everything I Need To Know About Gase's Approach Thus Far | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

These Quotes Tell Me Everything I Need To Know About Gase's Approach Thus Far

At first I thought it was Tannehill.

Then I thought it was the o-line.

Then I thought it was the defense.

For a minute - I thought it was the injuries.

But this game convinced me 100% why we lose.

We lose because we have a coach with no balls.

Gase is a moist vag.

You can't beat Harbaugh, Tomlin, Bellicheck, McVay, Payton, etc. with a sackless coach - it's just not gonna happen.

Remember one of the greatest QB's of all time with arm talent that hasn't been seen since, who was already a sure fire first ballot HOF'er with 15 years in the league... defying his coach? Yeah....why didn't Tannehill do that too? :asshat

what is adam gonna do? bench him? maybe tannehill should step up and lead this team because our ***** head coach obviously isnt.

If he has faith that this defense, with Burke at the helm are going to stop freaking Andrew Luck, he should be fired for being an idiot. I will say this, and I doubt that it will be popular. On the final possession, 3rd and 10, given that Ted Larsen was in the game because of yet another o-line injury, a run by Drake had a better chance of working than a pass by Tannehill. I'll tell you why. In these exact situations where the pressure is on, the lights are the brightest and his team is counting on him Tannehill chokes and fails every time. I know it. I'm sure Gase knows it too. If he's being honest he called the play that he thought gave us the best chance of getting the first down, a run by Drake.

It wasn't as blatant as some examples but the Zebra's imo were going to see to it that Andrew Luck got his win. The big play in the end by Luck had some very obvious holding that flat out wasn't called. It's very subtle how they do it and I think it has something to do with Fantasy Football. There's massive money being gambled and where there is millions of dollars changing hands each week end it isn't too much of a leap to think that there might be some dishonesty afoot. Also, some think the Roger Goodell is scripting the results in the NFL to create more exciting play off matches. The refs would certainly have an agenda if that is the case. I hate that greed and money detract from the game that I love. We need a new Commissioner, a new owner for the Dolphins, a new Head Coach and a new QB who is a lot more like Andrew Luck. If we can get all of that done by the Buffalo game we'll be ok.

There are times when the best action is a big gamble. That was the time. But, that doesn't match 'play not to lose.'
The whole series of events was doomed from the start.

- personal foul on the TD
- returner takes Ball at one yard line and starts running on a pooch. WTF was he thinking? Why in God’s name doesn’t he let the ball go into the end zone? Just horrible coaching that a high school team would execute better
- first down run into an 8 man box. Where is the play action? You HAVE to punch the defense in the mouth here on first down.
-2nd down run again.
- 3rd down run to finalize it.

The flow of the game dictated his D would not stop the Colts whatsoever. A coach with any sense of the game wouldn’t be this horribly conservative.

What’s really odd to me is a near millennial like Gase would coach like he’s 60 years old. I’d expect a bit more bravado and a lot more balls from a guy his age. But he coaches like an old twat.

So giving them 2 points and then the ball afterwards is better than punting it away? I hate Gase’s horizontal offense but what you said doesn’t make sense

It seems far fetched but may be accurate. If the Colts have the ball up 2 they would likely be in run out clock mode. Not, trying to score to win.
I will say- a pick would have been better than a punt in that situation. That way the Colts likely kick a fg or score a TD with time still left on the clock.

But we have Tanneyhill

"Tanneyhill" played fine, it was Luck (an excellent QB) who threw the 2 bad picks. Gase cost the team the game, he's lucky to have a QB as good as Tannehill instead of some bum he likes e.g Cutler.

"Tanneyhill" played fine, it was Luck (an excellent QB) who threw the 2 bad picks. Gase cost the team the game, he's lucky to have a QB as good as Tannehill instead of some bum he likes e.g Cutler.
Luck will take the W. He was 30-37 on the day for 343 and three TDs. The picks were great plays by X and with the Fins offense, well, they resulted in zero points.

Tanneyhill can’t carry his jock. It’s now convenient to blame Gase as the latest Tanneyhill excuse in an endless string. Maybe his next HC will get him there? After what, three years in that offense. Puhlease.

Gase can go and he can take Tanneyhill with him.

what is adam gonna do? bench him? maybe tannehill should step up and lead this team because our ***** head coach obviously isnt.

He lives in a world where only the great QBs defy their coach at times. Not the first time I heard that on this forum.

Luck will take the W. He was 30-37 on the day for 343 and three TDs. The picks were great plays by X and with the Fins offense, well, they resulted in zero points.

Tanneyhill can’t carry his jock. It’s now convenient to blame Gase as the latest Tanneyhill excuse in an endless string. Maybe his next HC will get him there? After what, three years in that offense. Puhlease.

Dolphins fans are a beaten down fanbase. How else do you explain the fact that some fans are STILL waiting for everything to be just right before we can properly evaluate him in year seven?

Honestly, a safety at that point gives you a better chance to win than giving the opponent the perfect opportunity to run the clock down to zero with good field position for the game-winning score, unless you have a top 5 defense or the opponent has a bottom 5 offense. So sick of coaches that take terrible odds, just so they can try to say it's not their fault when they lose.

Not agreeing with Gase at all but a safety would not have given us a better chance to win. It would have given the Colts the lead and the ball.

Lmao, the first pick that Luck threw was a terrible throw. Had RT thrown that there is a 0% chance you would have said it was a great play by the other team, you would have crucified his a**.

And well yea, with the fins offense they didn't score and you imply that is all RT's fault as usual, completely ignoring the fact Gesicki coughed a ball up. But that figures, doesn't fit your narrative that RT is the teams cancer.

Gase is the one who lost us this game with his horrible play calling (and defense) down the stretch, that's not an "excuse" for RT it's just obvious to anyone w/out an agenda which excludes you.

You want to claim RT is inferior to Luck fine, I've always said Luck is better too. But to act like it's a "convenient excuse" for RT that his H.C made those play calls down the stretch is a joke, I never called for Gase's head but anyone with a shred of football knowledge knows who's most blame for last weeks loss and it wasn't the QB as you so heavily imply.

Last edited:
I agree that the first INT was just a bad pass from Luck. But Tannehill had some bad passes too. Indy dropped at least 3 INT's and that TD to Carroo was another horrible pass but Carroo made a great play. That pass could have and should have been another INT. The stat sheet looked good for Tannehill if you didn't watch the game but that stat sheet is very misleading

Lmao, the first pick that Luck threw was a terrible throw. Had RT thrown that there is a 0% chance you would have said it was a great play by the other team, you would have crucified his a**.

And well yea, with the fins offense they didn't score and you imply that is all RT's fault as usual, completely ignoring the fact Gesicki coughed a ball up. But that figures, doesn't fit your narrative that RT is the teams cancer.

Gase is the one who lost us this game with his horrible play calling (and defense) down the stretch, that's not an "excuse" for RT it's just obvious to anyone w/out an agenda which excludes you.

You want to claim RT is inferior to Luck fine, I've always said Luck is better too. But to act like it's a "convenient excuse" for RT that his H.C made those play calls down the stretch is a joke, I never called for Gase's head but anyone with a shred of football knowledge knows who's most blame for last weeks loss and it wasn't the QB as you so heavily imply.
Yes the first pick by Luck was a bad throw. He makes some bad throws but not many. He’s also a winner and has the X factor.

I’m not blaming RT for last weeks loss. He again wasn’t the reason we lost but he usually isn’t the reason they win either. Gase showed zero confidence in him however and frankly isn’t the first HC to do the same.

I’m sick and tired of Gase and have been over this guy for awhile. He lost me at Cutler but I was already falling off the bandwagon. When all these fires are around him well some of it is arson. There are some things I like but his professional immaturity and lack of overall leadership are huge downfalls. His playcalling is suspect at best and he oversold himself.

RT is joined at the hip. Any regime change and the new regime will go their own direction. From GM to HC to QB. I say bring it on after this year barring a huge run down the stretch.

Ridiculous. You know what else might have happened? Devante Parker might have caught a quick 20 yard pass if Tannehill just throws it up. They've done it before. A defender could've made the wrong read and left a receiver open. Maybe one of the receivers on the field {GASP} actually make a play and gain 5 yards on a quick pass. Mr. Bubble Screen offensive guru didn't think about that? His playcalling in crucial situations is pathetic.
Or we get a fortuitous defensive holding call. You don’t get them if you don’t put the ball up. What a wuss calling of the game in the last 8 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom