Things I dont want changed. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Things I dont want changed.

Joey 22

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about what is gone already (Saban) and what hasnt come (new coach) but what about the things that stay? Despite the record there where a few things that we had working just fine, and those need to stay.

First of players that are worthy of keeping:

Cleo Lemmon: He did well in his short time, is young and could work in just about any offense, you cant scrap every QB in the roster right away, with JH horrible play and CPeps injury he is about the surest thing we have at QB.

Ronnie Brown: Our best offensive player nuff said.

Rand McMike: Still fairly young, played well down the stretch and as much as everyone complains about his drops, half the league would kill for a TE that averages 50 catches a year.

Wes Welker: Young, cheap, reliable, and a hard worker. Just take the KR duties from him.

Derek Hagan: Young, played well in the last couple games, seemed to click with Lemmon, made a few tough catches.

Vernon Carey: Young and anyone who knows about OLine stas knows he led RTs in nearly every category.

Rex Hadnot: Young a hard worker and at the very least a serviceable backup who can play several positions.

Matt Roth: Nasty demeanor, hard worker, great attitude, coachable and as everyone we should keep he is young.

Channing Crowder: Young, gifted, great attitude, tuff but a class act, could grow into a leader.

Yeremiah Bell: Not so young as everyone seems to think, solid, has a knack for making plays, cheap and also has the right attitude for a nasty defense.

Jason Allen: He hasnt done great but he has better ballskills than any of our starters, would be a shame to see the most athletic DB in last years draft go somewhere and succeed and I dont want to waste another first round pick.

Donnie Jones: This is a punter who single footedly won us games, nuff said.

I dont want the vertical offense gone, albeit JH play and Mularkeys play calling made the scheme look bad, I want the Linehan style offense. I just would hate more Wanny ball or a WCO.

The power driven blocking, as long a s they can pass block and are good athletes, the bigger guy will alwsy be better than the smaller one. Remember Tim Ruddy get pushed back 5 yds on every play? I just hated when we had smaller lineman.

The blitzing and stunting, I coul;d care less what the package is, a full time 4-3 (with bigger players, I aslo dislike small front 7s), stay hybrid or full time 3-4, I just hated the vanilla defense, and would shoot myself if we had a Tampa 2, or a bend dont break.

The coverage scheme, while the players sucked and could be exposed by better WRs/QBs the scheme worked. Actually the fact the players where average makes the fact we where a TOP 5 passing D, even more amazing.

Dom Capers as a DC, if we bring an offensive coach there would be no reason we couldnt keep Capers if he agrees, if he wants to stay and the new guy fires him, to bring his guy, Ill be pissed.

Im a little torn on JT and ZT, JT has some value after his DPOY season, and ZT eats WAAAYYY too much cap room for a MLB. JT is threatening with retiring and both a lobbying to get a subpar HC, if they cared about the Dolphins they would support whoever gave us the better chance at winning, not their personal buddy.
That said I still love em and would like to see them retire Dolphins, but first and foremost Im a Dolphins fan, and if trading/cutting this guys gives us a better chance at winning, so be it.

What you guys think? Is there any one else you want to keep? Anyone you want gone?

how can u say that trading zach and j.t would give us a better cahance to win, if indianapolis gives us payton manning maybe but nobady is giving you that. come on if we won 6 games this season its because of them.

how can u say that trading zach and j.t would give us a better cahance to win, if indianapolis gives us payton manning maybe but nobady is giving you that. come on if we won 6 games this season its because of them.

I said IF, besides they dont have much left in the tank, JT has some value, and we are paying ZT more than $5M a year, MLBs dont make that much and that keeps us from having the dough to pursue several younger, better players.

even if jt and zt slow down a little bit, they'll still knock em dead..they're willing to restructure every year, and they deserve to retire as dolphins..and maybe even with those rings..

even if jt and zt slow down a little bit, they'll still knock em dead..they're willing to restructure every year, and they deserve to retire as dolphins..and maybe even with those rings..

Fine if the new coach wants them to stay fine, IF and only IF the new coach deems them, expendable and replaceable, and we get something back for JT then I dont mind. If the new coach thinks they should stay, well even better, but I dont see how they staying 2 more years will make us any better by when we finally make this offense work, which is 3-4 years away.

I said IF, besides they dont have much left in the tank, JT has some value, and we are paying ZT more than $5M a year, MLBs dont make that much and that keeps us from having the dough to pursue several younger, better players.
i dont think $5M a year is that much for whom has been the best d player of the team for the last 11 years and the best playear overall along with j.t in the last 6 years, hes the qb of the d and probably the smarter player in the nfl. so i dont think 5M is that much when daunte is projected to make 8 next season if am not mistake.

i dont think $5M a year is that much for whom has been the best d player of the team for the last 11 years and the best playear overall along with j.t in the last 6 years, hes the qb of the d and probably the smarter player in the nfl. so i dont think 5M is that much when daunte is projected to make 8 next season if am not mistake.

Dang it!!!! I give up, I was trying to say I dont want them gone but Im torn on wether that is the best for the team or not, neither me or you can make a desicion on that, only the new GM/Coach will.

Fine if the new coach wants them to stay fine, IF and only IF the new coach deems them, expendable and replaceable, and we get something back for JT then I dont mind. If the new coach thinks they should stay, well even better, but I dont see how they staying 2 more years will make us any better by when we finally make this offense work, which is 3-4 years away.

pretty pessamistic looking at 3-4 years..we were 9-7 last year, acquired pep, and suddenly we were predicted to have a shot at the sb..
if we get a qb, a couple new guys to shore up the o-line, put some fire under chambers and mc-mike, better play calling, and a kick-a.. cb, we could make the playoffs next yr..not that unrealistic..

Dang it!!!! I give up, I was trying to say I dont want them gone but Im torn on wether that is the best for the team or not, neither me or you can make a desicion on that, only the new GM/Coach will.
i won, lol :D

no, when we're armchair coaches, we get to make aaaaaaallllll the decisions..:lol:

Back
Top Bottom