Things Opposing Fans Say | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Things Opposing Fans Say

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
As someone who proudly wears my Miami Dolphins hats wherever I go, I've had quite a few conversations with football fans of other teams. What are some of the oddest, funniest etc. things you've heard from opposing fans? I have a few that standout.

I moved to the Bay Area in 1996, right after the 49ers dynasty was coming to an end and the Raiders have been pretty bad since I've lived here. For the most part, I get some odd looks wearing a Miami hat and fans, in general, are pretty friendly. Here are a few conversation I've had with fans.

Ran into a long-time Raiders fan, who had some connections with many of the players when they had training camp, I believe, in Santa Rosa. Anyway, we talked about the Sea of Hands game and a conversation he had had with Ted Hendricks. Hendricks was a big believer in Don Shula saying that the Raiders would have won at least five super bowls if Shula was their coach. As an aside, at one point Oakland had gone to five straight AFC Championship games finally advancing to the super bowl in 1976.

Had a conversation last year with a Jets fan who asked me my opinion of Adam Gase. I said my biggest frustration with Gase was that he underutilized players like Kenyan Drake and Kenny Stills. He said, "have you considered that maybe Drake and Stills aren't that good?"

A beautiful woman approached me at the mall, pointing to my hat. "You're brave," she said.

Me: "What?"

"For wearing that hat since we kicked your a%% in the super bowl"

She was talking about how Dan Marino only had all the records because "he played so long."

About that time, I was rescued by my wife.

"Were you flirting with that beautiful woman?" she asked.

Me, pulling a Chevy Chase: "That woman? She's ugly."

A beautiful woman approached me at the mall, pointing to my hat. "You're brave," she said.

Me: "What?"

"For wearing that hat since we kicked your a%% in the super bowl"

She was talking about how Dan Marino only had all the records because "he played so long."

About that time, I was rescued by my wife.

"Were you flirting with that beautiful woman?" she asked.

Me, pulling a Chevy Chase: "That woman? She's ugly."

* NOT Safe For Work *

Eh, when people rib me for supporting the 'Phins I am quick to point out that I didn't start following them because they were good so the fact that they are terrible now has no relevancy as to whether I would continue to support them.

I picked them because their colors are pretty, and still are ;)

Eh, when people rib me for supporting the 'Phins I am quick to point out that I didn't start following them because they were good so the fact that they are terrible now has no relevancy as to whether I would continue to support them.

I picked them because their colors are pretty, and still are ;)
speechless.gif

Walked into the ABC Liquor store near me Sunday morning of week one. Some wobbly old guy with a mullet and those idiot looking 90s style volleyball glasses walks up to me and tells me I must be confused by wearing Dolphins clothing (had on my Dolphins jersey and hat). I looked at him and laughed. He then got closer almost in my face and said it again with an edge to it. I looked at him and told him to his face "either you don't have a mirror at home or you're a carnie. Eitherway, it takes a lot of balls to take issue with anyone's appearance when you look as blatantly stupid as you do." You could tell he feared a confrontation so he wobbled away. Ten years ago he'd have gotten spit on and pele kicked in the shin but I'm better at controlling myself now.

Walked into the ABC Liquor store near me Sunday morning of week one. Some wobbly old guy with a mullet and those idiot looking 90s style volleyball glasses walks up to me and tells me I must be confused by wearing Dolphins clothing (had on my Dolphins jersey and hat). I looked at him and laughed. He then got closer almost in my face and said it again with an edge to it. I looked at him and told him to his face "either you don't have a mirror at home or you're a carnie. Eitherway, it takes a lot of balls to take issue with anyone's appearance when you look as blatantly stupid as you do." You could tell he feared a confrontation so he wobbled away. Ten years ago he'd have gotten spit on and pele kicked in the shin but I'm better at controlling myself now.

If you got to spit on someone, you got issues.

most of the time it feels like....."go away kid, grown ups are talking."

Living in South Jersey, I'm in Philadelphia Eagles territory. I mostly get, "The Dolphins Suck" type BS from fans. It's all about the Philly teams here. They are aggressive fans, even the women. I'm a New York Mets Baseball Fan, as well, and can't tell you how many times Philly fans start trash talkin me. To the point where, heated arguments took place. Lots of bad vibes where I live.

Living in South Jersey, I'm in Philadelphia Eagles territory. I mostly get, "The Dolphins Suck" type BS from fans. It's all about the Philly teams here. They are aggressive fans, even the women. I'm a New York Mets Baseball Fan, as well, and can't tell you how many times Philly fans start trash talkin me. To the point where, heated arguments took place. Lots of bad vibes where I live.

Many of Philadelphia's professional athletes live in Souf Jersey. Most likely because of the lower taxes and the italian wooter ice.

Yeah, I live in Jets territory, and I have taken my share of abuse, but though the the the attacks from Jets fans have been of the crossing the line variety, it's attacks from Giants fans that seem to be most common over here.

Because I give it as hard as I get it, and tend to have a I don't really care attitude, I'm like the guy in that Commercial where a Dolphin fan Jumps up cheering, as he's surrounded by Jets fans.

Back
Top Bottom