Things Opposing Fans Say | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Things Opposing Fans Say

Living in South Jersey, I'm in Philadelphia Eagles territory. I mostly get, "The Dolphins Suck" type BS from fans. It's all about the Philly teams here. They are aggressive fans, even the women. I'm a New York Mets Baseball Fan, as well, and can't tell you how many times Philly fans start trash talkin me. To the point where, heated arguments took place. Lots of bad vibes where I live.
That's tough. I always wondered how it would be on the East Coast. Pretty laid back, for the most part, in California.

Yeah, I live in Jets territory, and I have taken my share of abuse, but though the the the attacks from Jets fans have been of the crossing the line variety, it's attacks from Giants fans that seem to be most common over here.

Because I give it as hard as I get it, and tend to have a I don't really care attitude, I'm like the guy in that Commercial where a Dolphin fan Jumps up cheering, as he's surrounded by Jets fans.
Hard to imagine the Giants fans being worse than Jet fans.

I think a lot of Miami fans love the Giants because they beat New England twice in the super bowl.

I think a lot of Miami fans love the Giants because they beat New England twice in the super bowl.
Don't love them but certainly appreciate them doing so, especially to keep the 72 Dolphins as the only unbeaten team in NFL history.

Right. Why I didn't. It takes having someone in my face to even have it cross my mind as a minutely valid option.
Bro I’m the same way...and for what it’s worth I think your awesome...I laughed my ass off at that story.

Living in South Jersey, I'm in Philadelphia Eagles territory. I mostly get, "The Dolphins Suck" type BS from fans. It's all about the Philly teams here. They are aggressive fans, even the women. I'm a New York Mets Baseball Fan, as well, and can't tell you how many times Philly fans start trash talkin me. To the point where, heated arguments took place. Lots of bad vibes where I live.
Man I feel sorry for you Philadelphia is so not the city of brotherly love...it’s the city of mouthy swamp donkeys...lol

Actually they're not worse as far as how badly they attack, just how much more consistently Giant fans will say something once they find out I root for the Dolphins, but it's normally just light fun, nothing over the line.

Jets fans on the other hand don't all say something once they find out, some will just stay quiet (Guess they know how fierce the rivalry is, and some just don't want to get into it), but when you get a Jets fan that likes to attack, there is no line they will not cross, especially if they're drunk.

Lol...incredibly enough (Or maybe not so incredible, if you know jets fans) I have had a few cases where the the Jet fan either wanted to start a fight with me or another Dolphin fan...They get out of hand, while most Giants fans will make a slight crack here or there, but will be pretty cool for the most part.

LOL!!! And that is just the beginning. Hockey fans in Philly, Brawl all the time.

Im from the Philly area originally. My entire family is composed of "civilized" Philly fans. I support the Flyers and Phillies but really only support the Eagles under duress (like my father asks me to or they are playing someone whose defeat would benefit the Dolphins). I love the Flyers and Phillies but if I had a choice I would pick supporting them in an empty arena vs. having to spend time with most Philly fans. They are the literal worst.

You should ask vcip about Flyers fans. He may not admit it, but he willing participated in a Flyers message board whilst openly supporting the Penguins.

I live in the Kissimmee/Orlando area and it has become a very neutral place for sports. People from all over the place live here so seeing anybody wearing any team's jersey's no big deal. Also, so many hispanics in this area that don't really care about football. I really don't care what anyone says about the Dolphins anyway. If we ever win again then they will stop talking bad about us.

I live in the Kissimmee/Orlando area and it has become a very neutral place for sports. People from all over the place live here so seeing anybody wearing any team's jersey's no big deal. Also, so many hispanics in this area that don't really care about football. I really don't care what anyone says about the Dolphins anyway. If we ever win again then they will stop talking bad about us.
I think for the most part most places are generally good, in terms of how fans are treated. It's those few Cities or Towns, across the country, like Philadelphia, that give sports fans and its City; a bad name or reputation.

Any time I see most any person wearing ANY other team’s fan clothing I say (if wearing Steeler garb) STEELERS????Really??? With a tinge of disgust (understated though - like your disappointed in your own child for choosing to get French fries when the place serves world famous onion rings...

Tampa Bay???

DetroitLions????

I saw a guy wearing a Steelers Leviton Belljersey when the Steelers were about to play the jets - I asked him
If he had identity issues....he was visibly confused and agitated by the personal question posed by a stranger - until I explained... he said he did not like either team just the colors on the jersey....

best to simply question them - Minnesota Vikings???? And not say another word...just give off the impression that you are disappointed in their choice!!

I live in SW Fla. This area has ZERO Dolphins fans. Like none. Only 80 miles from the stadium and everything everywhere is either Patriots or NFC North teams due to all of the @ssclown transplants that HAVE to move down here. It's infuriating.
And you can bet your ass, when the Dolphins start hoisting Lombardi trophies again all those same ass clowns will wear Dolphins gear and claim they have always been Fans, just watch.

I live in SW Fla. This area has ZERO Dolphins fans. Like none. Only 80 miles from the stadium and everything everywhere is either Patriots or NFC North teams due to all of the @ssclown transplants that HAVE to move down here. It's infuriating.
I was hoping to move to SW Fla. It seems much more quiet and cerebral than the east coast of Florida. But I hear ya, there are a lot of fair weather fans. I love the atmosphere in the area you live in.

I've had nothing but positive experiences wearing my Dolphins gear all these years in and around NYC, going back to the 80s when I could start affording jersey and hats. I'll be in the mall, on the subway, at the gas station, just walking down the street and people will just talk to me about Marino, Shula, the recent run of hard luck. Just a few hours ago, I was at Dunkin Donuts and I'm wearing my 80s-era 85 jersey and the guy ahead of me says he's a Fins and Mets fan, so we talk for a couple of moments. It's all been positive, quite honestly. Even the times when a Jets fan tries to jokingly give me grief, I'll just say "Does the sight of perfection bother you?" There was even one time I was in Taipei with my ex-wife in 1999 in a printing shop. I was wearing my Dolphins satin jacket and they had just got shut out by the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day. Out of nowhere, an American walks up to me and we start commiserating about the loss. In opposing stadiums, it's all been good, even in a Dolphins win. I'll stand and cheer for my team, but if I'm sitting next to the other's team fan and they score, I'll turn to them and shake their hand. I'm not a fan of talking poop, especially if I'm outnumbered 62,000-1. Be a good guest and if I'm in Miami, a gracious host.

Truthfully, I can't think of a bad experience.

Back
Top Bottom