Think About it | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Think About it

KillerDolphins

Starter
Reaction score
Why would the dolphins gamble on Henson. This guy was suppose to be a great baseball player right... Well it turns out he got the money he wanted and look what happnened.... He gave it up to play football. If memory serves me right, and not to be so blunt but the guy was a failure as a baseball player.

So now he has turned to football and wants to make up the money he lost when he decided to giveup baseball. This guy hasnt prooved a damn thing other then the fact he cant throw the ball in front of 31 nfl scouts. Heres my beef he wants a 7 -15 year contract that would pay him the remaining money he lost when he terminated his baseball contract and then some. So not only if we get this guy will we pay out the ARSE we will also be giving up a draft pick either 3rd or 1st depending on his play. This is difficult loop in which i say screw it . THere are two other options id rather go with.

1) Draft "SO & SO" and have them learn under Fielder for 1 or 2 years.

2) Trade our first rounder for Ramsey who at least has proven he can play at the NFL level. I dont like this idea but its better then paying henson money and giving up a hight potential pick for someone who hasnt proved anything.

What do you guys think

totally agree with you. henson has chad hutchinson (dallas) written all over him. what a waste if the fins give up the $$$$ and draft picks for this huge unknown.

By the way john clayton reported from the NFL Combie today that Henson was looking for a contract in the neighborhood that would pay him what he lost in Baseball and then some.

his base salary would be quite small though, ive heard as low as 280k... i'm torn, ive been driving the ramsey bandwagon for a while now. But to take a shot at this guy for a 3rd round pick would seem too good to pass up. If he busts, so what we wasted a 3rd round pick, but if he succeeds, the sky is the limit and he could live up to that #1 overall pick potential. i just see it very difficult to be able to do anything that well again after 3-4 years off.

id prefer ramsey for a conditional 2nd or 3rd... but i dont think i could be disappointed if we brought in henson for a 3rd next year and had a huge draft this year.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
If he busts, so what we wasted a 3rd round pick, but if he succeeds, the sky is the limit and he could live up to that #1 overall pick potential.

That's a very good pick.

Nothing against Henson here but I don't think anyone out of football for that many years is worth it.

the way i see it is it's less likely for a third round pick next year to make or break our chances at a superbowl in the near future than it is for henson to be productive enough to get us there in the near future.

Granted, thats also part of the reason i prefer ramsey, i truly believe he gives us a legit shot next year since we were 10-6 with no real passing threat and he is at least a game upgrade over fiedler since he doesnt turn the ball over as much.

That being said, if it comes down to a 1st for ramsey or a 3rd for henson, it's a tough call. either way i think we have to make one of those decisions(ramsey or henson) and cant sit on our asses and hope phillip rivers falls to us in the draft.

hopefully it will be made easy by either the redskins asking for less than a 1st for ramsey (conditional maybe) or not being able to make a legit contract with henson and his crazy agent, but i hope we land one of them and dont just wait around and end up with say vernon carey at 20 because rivers is gone. then we'll have reached again in the first (since carey could go later) and will still be without a QB of the future.

Ramsey would be alot more of a waste i dont see what you see in him he has yet to produce any good numbers and he has played for two years. At least with Henson you never know we might get a pro bowl player and you might not. With Ramsey we know right off the bat we arent getting anything great.

If we don't get him he may become one of the best players in the NFL on another team but I really don't see him being that great. I would not take a chance on a player that played 8 career games in college then don't play for 3 years that is crazy in my book. We would be better off to trade for a better pick an try to get Rivers if we are lookin for a franchise QB.

Why risk alot of money and a pick on a "What if myth" this team needs to win. It is not in a rebuilding stage YET. If they start to release veterans then i can see us going after Henson but we where 10-6 last year and its safe to say if we had a better O-line and another WR who was reliable we wouldnt even be talking about geting an immediate starter.

They are all around the same age rivers being a year or two younger why wouldn't you want the QB with NFL games under his belt i love rivers but ramsey is looking alot better and henson i a crap shoot

I'm afraid if we do trade a third rounder for Henson and we sign him to the contract that he wants, he could do a Ryan Leaf to us, but much worse. We could be paying him for a LONG time if we give him that big of a contract.

Originally posted by Kistner10
I'm afraid if we do trade a third rounder for Henson and we sign him to the contract that he wants, he could do a Ryan Leaf to us, but much worse. We could be paying him for a LONG time if we give him that big of a contract.

To that I say.........

:tantrum:

Back
Top Bottom