Think the Rams and Patriots cared? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Think the Rams and Patriots cared?

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
I think the Rams and Patriots, the SB teams from a year ago, would never have evn mentioned the things Zach did after this game.

He said he didn't care and wanted the real games to get going. Granted every player who is guaranteed of making the team wants to just get the games going, but championship players and teams want to win every time, every battle.

We need to get that killer instinct going, and fast. This team has been soft and weak the last two years and I really saw nothing to change that perspective Mon. night.

I really think we need to get a guy who will bring some intensity and toughness to this team. I hate it when guys like Madison fraternize with the other team after getting beaten by them. (Madison and Coles walking and laughing after yet another Jit win.)

I can't say for certain who that guy is, (Adams) but a guy like Bryan Cox was to this team is what I think we really need. Someone who will not take the absolute joke of a performance our starters put on. I think the talent is there, right now I wonder if the heart is there.

The Pats weren't the best team, they played the toughest and had the most heart. Do you fans of the Phins think this team has that level of heart right now? Because we all know if we're even lucky enough to get to the SB, if we don't display the same level of heart, a very tough team from the NFC is gonna eat our lunch.

Do you guys think we need to bring in a guy who has that kind of toughness and leadership, starter or not, to lead this team over the hump?

you know, its funny you mention bryan cox. should we give him a contract and tell him to get ready? i would do it! cox knows lucas and ward. wow, cox back at OLB? i wonder if he can still play? is he injured or anything? i think he was out for a couple of games last year with a high ankle sprain or somethin

Originally posted by Phinstd

Do you guys think we need to bring in a guy who has that kind of toughness and leadership, starter or not, to lead this team over the hump?

I think we did, and his name is Rob Burnett. You know the guy with the huge SB ring, and was part of one of if not the best Defense ever.

He was a real leader on that D too. We've also got Leon Searcy. He's been around.

Much ado about nothing. I'm not happy that he's making excuses but to suggest that neither the Rams nor Patriots would say the same thing about preseason is utterly absurd, not to mention outright false.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
He was a real leader on that D too. We've also got Leon Searcy. He's been around.

Much ado about nothing. I'm not happy that he's making excuses but to suggest that neither the Rams nor Patriots would say the same thing about preseason is utterly absurd, not to mention outright false.

Especially considering that the Rams are a very ****y team.

When you're that good its not ****y, its confidence. They go into every game seeking perfection, and nearly attain it more often than not.

Bryan Cox was signed by the Saints so you should
see him Thursday. Getting on Zack for telling an interviewer the truth when questioned about a 38 yard run is just crazy. How quickly we forget the two goal line stands in the falcon game last year.

When you're that good its not ****y, its confidence. They go into every game seeking perfection, and nearly attain it more often than not.

They're the most talented team in the league, and they would never cry over losing a preseason game. Thats what I was trying to say.

You guys are really something. We tried the Bryan Cox thing before and quite frankly I got a little tired of watching 15 yard penalties turn into 30 yard penalties. Guys the patriots looked pretty flat in their pre-season debut also. I watched it. My suggestion would be to let pre-season go guys ITS NO BIG DEAL. Does anyone remember the Bills of the early 90's that went to 4 straight super bowls in a row. Well check out their pre-seasons if possible and you'll notice that they not only lost a lot of games but looked terrible doing it. They would have told you they didn't care about the pre-season also. In fact I bet Marv Levy himself would have told you that. Believe me this is going to be a good FOOTBALL team and it have never lacked heart IMHO.

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan
You guys are really something. We tried the Bryan Cox thing before and quite frankly I got a little tired of watching 15 yard penalties turn into 30 yard penalties. Guys the patriots looked pretty flat in their pre-season debut also. I watched it. My suggestion would be to let pre-season go guys ITS NO BIG DEAL. Does anyone remember the Bills of the early 90's that went to 4 straight super bowls in a row. Well check out their pre-seasons if possible and you'll notice that they not only lost a lot of games but looked terrible doing it. They would have told you they didn't care about the pre-season also. In fact I bet Marv Levy himself would have told you that. Believe me this is going to be a good FOOTBALL team and it have never lacked heart IMHO.

AMEN BROTHER!! I totally agree! :up:

No, it's ****y, and Mike Martz thinks he's the best, but he just inherited the team.

What bugs me is if the players don't care why should we have to pay full price for the game and why is it blacked out.

If they are going to charge the fans like its a real game then the players and owners should put on a real game. Instead they schedule them in such ridiculous proximity that there is no way the players could compete both times even if they wanted to. Which, apparently, they do not.

I don't want to go and watch some players who don't care.

PhinKey..He just doesn't care about preseason..He know's he not going to play the whole game..The game for a Vet doesn't count for anything..He's being honest in that he's not willing to go all out for something that don't count, not game planned and only serves to see game speed for him..If you asked the rookies and new people to the team, these games mean a lot to them..You must look at it with perspective and not emotions.

MD,

I don't disagree with you. I just think that the owners should give the fans a break on these games and cut the prices and skip the blackout. We all know that the veterans are going through the motions.

Back
Top Bottom