This Could Be A Blessing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Could Be A Blessing

Dolphin_Daz

Dolfan in England
Reaction score
Right now, we have to come to terms with the fact that the Miami Dolphins arent going to the post-season, but that doesnt mean thats ALL bad news.

With four games left, and three against divisional rivals, this is the chance for Nick and the team to try things with the backing that a defeat doesnt matter now, however disapointing that is to say.

Jason Allen, I didnt see the game today, but people said he looked bad. The kid hasnt played much yet, and he has to start the last 4 so he can get used to playing the teams in our division and also get general playing time.

Matt Roth, start the lad. Carter can have a slightly reduced role, and we can see what Roth can do, it has to be said he is growing into a nice DE, but he isnt getting the chance to progress as quickly as perhaps he would like.

Cleo Lemon? Some people will be asking for him to start. In truth this doesnt matter as Daunte is the starter and Joey will be the back up next year, but if we let the kid play we can see 'where he's at' and again, we may aswell do it in these now meaningless games.

New Kicker? Hey, may as well. Even if we dont sign them as the kicker for '07, Mare must know he isnt back next season and it cant do him or the team any good with him about now.

Chris Chambers, its a little late, but it would be good to see Chris Chambers have another late end of season burst and give us more reason to think come next season #84 will be 'the real deal'

Derrick Hagan. Bleed this rookie into the team abit more. If saban is leaning towards cutting Booker in the off season (which I think will happen) he should let Hagan take a few snaps in Martys place, despite the fact he has hit a bit of form.

The list goes on guys, this is now a 4 game pre-season, and a chance for maybe even Culpepper to come back and play the Colts back-ups week 17 and get some playing time and some confidence in his playing abilty.

"EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON" I live and die by the motto. Im sticking to it today depsite my sadness.

Come September 2007, all this season would have been "forgotton" and the excitement and dreams for the upcoming season will have set in, a fresh start and I tell you guys, it will be here before you know it.

Miami Dolphins are the best team in football, regardless of what anyone tells me!

GO MIAMI!!! :dolphins:

There is no blessing for another no playoff season...I'm so TIRED of "looking foward to next year" ..... Well we know we'll have a new kicker, jason allen sucks, and our stars are all a year older, as we are... Almost everyone we needed to loose today did and we lay an egg....:shakeno:

We are going to turn into the Chicago Cubs if we keep "looking forward to next year." :rolleyes:

Derrick Hagan? Dude are ypu kidding me? He has dropped more critical passes in his rookie season than Chris Carter Jerry Rice and Tim Brown's combined careers. That guy is horrible I hope he gets cut. And I say leave Harrington. 50% of the the INTs he has are tipped by WRs I like Harrington and I want to stick with him. And as said earlier there is nothing blessed about a non playoff season.

The only blessing is that the pressure won't be as hot as it was prior to this season. They were the kitsche pick of everyone, and the fanbase got genuinely excited. This team was projected to be an AFC Front-runner, and we're middle of the pack at best. If Saban and Company can make some much needed adjustments, and make them quietly with few flashy acquisitions, this team can OVER achieve next year. They need to find talent that can excell in the system, not a system that will work with the talent.

re:

Roman529 said:
We are going to turn into the Chicago Cubs if we keep "looking forward to next year." :rolleyes:

Ouch. As a Dolphins AND Cubs fan, I just got burned.

I like the idea of playing Pepp againts the Colts backups getting him ready for next season.

Jason Taylor 99 said:
Right now, we have to come to terms with the fact that the Miami Dolphins arent going to the post-season, but that doesnt mean thats ALL bad news.

With four games left, and three against divisional rivals, this is the chance for Nick and the team to try things with the backing that a defeat doesnt matter now, however disapointing that is to say.

Jason Allen, I didnt see the game today, but people said he looked bad. The kid hasnt played much yet, and he has to start the last 4 so he can get used to playing the teams in our division and also get general playing time.

Matt Roth, start the lad. Carter can have a slightly reduced role, and we can see what Roth can do, it has to be said he is growing into a nice DE, but he isnt getting the chance to progress as quickly as perhaps he would like.

Cleo Lemon? Some people will be asking for him to start. In truth this doesnt matter as Daunte is the starter and Joey will be the back up next year, but if we let the kid play we can see 'where he's at' and again, we may aswell do it in these now meaningless games.

New Kicker? Hey, may as well. Even if we dont sign them as the kicker for '07, Mare must know he isnt back next season and it cant do him or the team any good with him about now.

Chris Chambers, its a little late, but it would be good to see Chris Chambers have another late end of season burst and give us more reason to think come next season #84 will be 'the real deal'

Derrick Hagan. Bleed this rookie into the team abit more. If saban is leaning towards cutting Booker in the off season (which I think will happen) he should let Hagan take a few snaps in Martys place, despite the fact he has hit a bit of form.

The list goes on guys, this is now a 4 game pre-season, and a chance for maybe even Culpepper to come back and play the Colts back-ups week 17 and get some playing time and some confidence in his playing abilty.

"EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON" I live and die by the motto. Im sticking to it today depsite my sadness.

Come September 2007, all this season would have been "forgotton" and the excitement and dreams for the upcoming season will have set in, a fresh start and I tell you guys, it will be here before you know it.

Miami Dolphins are the best team in football, regardless of what anyone tells me!

GO MIAMI!!! :dolphins:
some how having an 18 yr old kid, refer to matt roth as a "Lad". is somehow scary as hell, and Refering to Jason allen as the kid when your only 18 yourself is somehow righteously wrong!:sidelol:

Don't give me that: he needs more playing time garbage. I amazed how bad Jason Allen is playing!

Torero71FinFan said:
Derrick Hagan? Dude are ypu kidding me? He has dropped more critical passes in his rookie season than Chris Carter Jerry Rice and Tim Brown's combined careers. That guy is horrible I hope he gets cut. And I say leave Harrington. 50% of the the INTs he has are tipped by WRs I like Harrington and I want to stick with him. And as said earlier there is nothing blessed about a non playoff season.

oh ...wait.... you rag Hagan for dropped passes, then turn around and give Joey a pass?

Isn't that a bit hypocriticle?

I'm not saying Hagan shouldn't be held accountable.... he definately needs to catch more than he misses..... but Joey can't have a free pass either.

Torero71FinFan said:

Are you kidding me? He's a rookie 3rd rounder give him some time man.

WharfRat said:
oh ...wait.... you rag Hagan for dropped passes, then turn around and give Joey a pass?

Isn't that a bit hypocriticle?

I'm not saying Hagan shouldn't be held accountable.... he definately needs to catch more than he misses..... but Joey can't have a free pass either.

Not a single Dolphin gets a free pass on this day!

Back
Top Bottom