This could work, just hear me out Fin fans.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This could work, just hear me out Fin fans....

FinaticalOne

DieHard FinFan 4 Life
Reaction score
It looks as though Aikman will be a Dolphin as long as Norv Turner becomes our Off. Coordinator. A deal is just about done. The Fins just need Turner to committ to us.

I'm cool with Norv Turner coming here. It is an upgrade from Chan Gailey, but I don't welcome the thought of Aikman coming here (because of his injuries).

BUT

On the other hand this could be a great scenario for us....

If Aikman comes in with a new coodinator (preferrably, Norv Turner), we could cut Fiedler (unfortunate for him, because I do like him) but Aikman is better than Jay and more familiar with Turner's offensive system. Since Fiedler is in his contract year and his agent will demand starter money which we will not want to pay if Aikman is signed. Let Ray Lucas and McKnown battle it out for the #2 spot behind Aikman (because they will be cheaper then Fiedler and just as good). We will have a DEAD ON ACCURATE QB behind the snap with two young QBs developing under the new system.

Having a QB that is already familiar with a new system that we will be implementing in next year's offense will make the transition run smoother for us and at the same time keeps us at a competitive level.

This could work;)

What does everyone else think?

our O line was so bad that Troy would not last 2 games behind them. Troy could only succeed with a team that can pas protect and run the ball. Unless we get a lot better in both these categories, we need a mobile QB.

Fiedler will opt out of his final year of his contract and become an UFA, but we can match any offer if we want.

Having a QB that is already familiar with a new system that we will be implementing in next year's offense will make the transition run smoother for us and at the same time keeps us at a competitive level.

The only reason Aikman would chose to come out of retirement and play again is if he thinks that there is a chance at the Superbowl next year. He won't be coming here to be at a "competitive level".

Of Course We Need To Upgrade Our O-Line....

I'm only talking about the QB position right now, but we have a chance to upgrade this position with a very accurate but injury-prone or better yet concussion prone QB.

The O-Line will be the priority topic during the offseason and I know they will take care of that problem.

But the topic at hand on this thread is Aikman.

So 39....when they take care of the O-Line this offseason which I know they will...what do you think then?

Good point Infinsible....

I agree with you on that. And if he didn't think the Fins are not close to a Super Bowl, then why hassle with contract talks with our front office? Aikman sees something or he wouldn't even bother. Would you?

We have just as urgent needs on the D line side and at RB so I am not sure we will upgrade our O line enough to expect a lot more out of them next year. I like a mobile QB for this team.

39, NOTHING is as urgent as O-line improvement, D-line is second only to O-line and a good offensive line can make even a pedestrian RB look like a superstar ala Smith last year.

Well put 39....

I agree with that. But, our O-line was pretty good at pass protection, it was run blocking that SUCKED .LOL!! And yes, Fiedler did make some things happen by avoiding a sack with his feet. That is something that speaks volumes with me too. But I think Aikman is better than Fiedler.

Don't get me wrong, I like Fiedler. But I see this as an opportunity to look into to. Fiedler is not our long term answer so why waste our time and his?

Aikman isn't a long term answer either, but he is a better QB that knows the system, and it will give Lucas and McNown time to learn the system and possibly take over.

BUT.... we don't even have Norv Turner as our coodinator, so I was just bringing this scenario up as converation.:D

Mixon, Lo Bro are UFA
Tim Bowens will be cut if he does not re-structure
Daryl may retire

that sounds pretty urgent to me :eek:

the O line sucks, but at least they are under contract for the most part.:(

D-Line is our second priority...

Run defense SUCKED also. Without Gardener Bowens was average and the rest of the DT's were non-existent. We need run stuffers and edge rushers. Let's start a new thread with this topic.

But if Tim BO does restructure
and DG doesn't retire
the situation isn't as dire.

Originally posted by inFINSible
But if Tim BO does restructure
and DG doesn't retire
the situation isn't as dire.
agreed- then RB and OL are far more important. Unless DG doesn't retire, but is on PUP
;)

I don't see DG going on the PUP list, if he can't play by next season, he aint playing no more. How much would it cost to cut him as opposed to keeping him on. Maybe he'll do the decent thing and give back some of his signing bonus if he can't play anymore.

he would probably keep his signing bonus if he retired due to injury. It was a lot ag. the cap something in the 10 mil range, but I forget where I read it to look it up.

oUCH!

btW, 39, i SEE yoU chANGEd yoUR SIg. tHAt's ALmosT A cOMPLetE 180 FROM whAT iT waS.

Back
Top Bottom