This Defense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Defense

You pass just behind or in between our linebackers, and to deep crosses. That killed us in our losses. The last two teams seemed unable to do that. Whether it was due to adjustments, Jones's return, or how weak those offenses were, I don't know. But I think it's very premature to get excited about the defense. I hope I'm wrong.

Dolphins D is a great thing to watch.
Not year 2000 defense, but they are young and growing together.

Sign me up for Parsons and Waddle or Smith. We need a legit MLB. We also need a WR that can blow the top off a defense. Wouldn’t mind adding a guy who is a legit WR and already has chemistry with Tua.
It depends who else is there when Miami has their pick. They're both going to be first rounders.

With Tua starting for the rest of the season, hopefully, he'll have plenty of chemistry with our current receivers Both Smith and Waddle would be great complements to Gesicki, Parker and Williams though. Who knows? Maybe Grant will catch the backward spinning football better, and we won't need another WR so early in the draft.

Sign me up for Parsons and Waddle or Smith. We need a legit MLB. We also need a WR that can blow the top off a defense. Wouldn’t mind adding a guy who is a legit WR and already has chemistry with Tua.
I think that's the way to go. Parsons and Waddle or Smith would be about as good as it gets for R1.

If we get Rousseau or Parsons I'll be ecstatic.

Rondale Moore from Purdue is also someone to consider at WR.

I love Moore. I was going to say the same thing.

Purdue is at home against Iowa at 3:30 on Saturday.

Smith, Waddle and Moore are all very intriguing and I am not sure I'd bet on which one will be better than the others, in the pros.

If we are picking in the 12-16 range with OUR 1st, I'm not sure I'm looking at a WR that high. I'd be hard pressed to pass on a premium defender or Creed Humphrey.

I'm holding out hope that Houston's 2nd rounder is high enough to trade into the mid 20's and take one of the three mentioned WR's. Right now my money would be on Waddle to be the 2nd WR drafted after Chase. Maybe in the 13-19 range.

How the heck do you pass against this team? Ogbah is a beast, Siler is relentless. We have the top 2 cornerbacks in the league shutting down their receivers. Needham is the one weakness but he's playing well for an undrafted guy. I even saw Iggy play the boundary well at the end of the Jets game. Eric Rowe covering Tight Ends as well as you can.

Last 2 games when we finally had Howard/Jones on the field at the same time:

Xavien Howard - Eight passes thrown against him, none caught and two interceptions. He now has interceptions in four consecutive games.

Byron Jones - Six completions in 13 passes thrown against him for 69 yards, with no touchdowns or interceptions. (He should've had a pick, ballhawked a pass perfectly)

Emmanuel Ogbah - 3 Sacks

Bobby McCain - Pro Football Focus rates him seventh among all NFL safeties, and he has allowed just 3 receiving yards all season in only four passes thrown against him. That’s a zero opponent passer rating in his coverage area.

Eric Rowe - Allowed just three of eight passes against him to be caught — for 34 yards — combined during the past two weeks, impressive considering he spent a lot of time in coverage against 49ers Pro Bowl tight end George Kittle a week ago. Rowe had 10 tackles and two quarterback pressures Sunday against the Jets.

Miami ranked first in the NFL in third-down defense, allowing conversions just 31.3 percent of the time.

The Dolphins are relinquishing 18.8 points per game, which is tied with Baltimore for second best behind Pittsburgh. Miami’s 17 sacks are sixth most.

And the Dolphins are allowing an 86.3 opponent quarterback passer rating, which is seventh best in the league.

- https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article246514050.html
Let's not jump the gun here guys. We are talking about a D that has faced Gardner Minshew, a hurt Jimmy G and CJ Beathard, and Joe Flacco in our 3 dominant defense games. I believe our defense has taken a big step this year and is beating down the QBs that you would expect a good defense to beat down. Let's wait until we play some better QB play before we start claiming this defense has the shades of early 2000s Ravens or 1980s Bears.

Getting Parsons would solidify a defense that is looking better each week.

If on top of Micah, we also got a chance at Smith or Waddle in the 1st, it would be an amazing way to start the draft.

Back
Top Bottom