This Defense | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Defense

I'm really set on getting an Inside Linebacker and a Slot Receiver... I REALLY believe that these are our two most glaring needs. If we can't land Parsons and Waddle, then we are looking at Moses and Moore... and I'm less sold on these two-- Both having shown injury problems in the past.
I know that I'm suggesting 'drafting for need', but in the case of Parsons and Waddle, I do think that they may legitimately be the BPA when we draft.

I know that I'm suggesting 'drafting for need', but in the case of Parsons and Waddle, I do think that they may legitimately be the BPA when we draft.
Outside of the rare freak show -- BPA and need are interconnected on EVERY draft board.

That said -- I'm like 1000% on board with Parsons who is certified "freak" (in terms of PRO potential)

but not so 100% sold on Waddle -- tho I would quickly add he'd be a good pick, just not sure the BEST pick.

The good news is we're going to have lots of options and multiple premium picks to snag

4 impact players... That's what I'm looking for.

Outside of the rare freak show -- BPA and need are interconnected on EVERY draft board.

That said -- I'm like 1000% on board with Parsons who is certified "freak" (in terms of PRO potential)

but not so 100% sold on Waddle -- tho I would quickly add he'd be a good pick, just not sure the BEST pick.

The good news is we're going to have lots of options and multiple premium picks to snag

4 impact players... That's what I'm looking for.
In your opinion... which WR would be our best bet... and why?

In your opinion... which WR would be our best bet... and why?
Ja'Marr Chase -- because he's a more complete player IMO.

DeVonta Smith is playing really good ball.

Beyond that -- I'm thinking in terms of value and not sure
Waddle is the best value at the anticiapted R1 slot.

Like I said, would not be a bad pick. But I think you have to factor
what other options we have -- and that includes looking at Humphrey
as well. I know Karras is playing good ball -- but Humphrey is Freak IMO.

To me, Chase looks more like a flanker than a slot, but I will grant that he is the best looking flanker in the draft.

I look at Smith, and I keep thinking, Yatil Green. I know, I know... just because he is rail thin doesn't imply that he'll be fragile... I'm just reluctant.

I get the Humphrey interest... but I'm torn over whether I want to invest another #1 into the line (and I'm a line guy), but I may change my mind another dozen times between now and then.

To me, Chase looks more like a flanker than a slot, but I will grant that he is the best looking flanker in the draft.

I look at Smith, and I keep thinking, Yatil Green. I know, I know... just because he is rail thin doesn't imply that he'll be fragile... I'm just reluctant.

I get the Humphrey interest... but I'm torn over whether I want to invest another #1 into the line (and I'm a line guy), but I may change my mind another dozen times between now and then.
Good points all...

Geez. Reflecting back on Green -- kid just had such bad, bad luck. And probably a really crappy ACL job as well! But yea, the kid Smith is lanky...but he's proven to be reliable so far.

I guess if you're talking pure slot Waddle is probably the #1. And of course that hillbilly dude loves him so that's a factor! I'm just anticipating the high R2 we're got coming from the Texans and that could also land us an excellent talent @slot. As always, someone is going to slide and we could be in a great position to pounce!

Creed in front of Tua makes me feel warm inside. Plus they're both lefties!

Last, some of this discussion hinges on kids like Perry and Bowden as well. Not saying they will erase the slot ??? but we’ve got some time to see...

I'm QUITE curious about the rookies and the slot position. If one of them takes off... we could be VERY set at WR and not have to draft one at all, but... honestly, I don't really expect that, although it is a nice dream. Then maybe we could go Parsons AND Rousseau... that would be a shot of adrenaline to our front 7, and like they say... you can never have too much of a pass rush.

I'm QUITE curious about the rookies and the slot position. If one of them takes off... we could be VERY set at WR and not have to draft one at all, but... honestly, I don't really expect that, although it is a nice dream. Then maybe we could go Parsons AND Rousseau... that would be a shot of adrenaline to our front 7, and like they say... you can never have too much of a pass rush.
I’d be surprised if either Bowden or Perry does not develop into a slot WR by seasons end. Tua isn’t as much of a 50/50 ball thrower as Fitzpatrick; he will take the TE/slot WR/HB check downs if necessary.

I mean bowden was a reciever in college and it seems like his best fit. It would be him who would take off this year. Perry has a learning curve and we can't expect anything as learning new positions is difficult in the NFL. He probably needs a year to get some experience doing what we expect

The D looks good, I agree. Run-stuffing DT and an ILB could make the D quite good. Once Iggy and Needham get more experience, the secondary could be top 10
Apparently Needham has been learning the slot CB this year. I believe, He's never played the position before and is kind of learning on the job. Hopefully he adjust?

Moses hasn’t looked as good coming back from injury but i could be judging too soon, at this point I’d rather have Parsons and Waddle. That would be my ideal 1st round but I seriously doubt our pick will be good enough to get the second one. Waddle is 1a and Chase is 1b to me, I want one of those guys.

Moses hasn’t looked as good coming back from injury but i could be judging too soon, at this point I’d rather have Parsons and Waddle. That would be my ideal 1st round but I seriously doubt our pick will be good enough to get the second one. Waddle is 1a and Chase is 1b to me, I want one of those guys.
Moses just might need more time to heal? But you're right he hasn't looked good. Hopefully its just a matter of time before he returns to form.

I love it when we have a good D laying the hammer!

I think a lot depends on what the WR's look like with Tua. I am a J. Chase fan. He is the real deal. I'm cool with Waddle as well. That being said I think of two scenarios that would have us all excited:
a) ILB/DE PICK 1. WR PICK2. - A no brainer in a sense that you add to your D at a position of me with probably a BPA. You potentially add a stuff WR that can stretch the field. CANNOT be a possession receiver in my opinion.

b) Double up on defenders if we could. If you settle ILB and DE in the first round, you can maneuver any way you want in the draft after. I personally like this scenario because you still have 2 premium picks in the second to focus on skill positions or a OL/DL that may fall.

There are good scenarios that will become clearer after the season. Tua will help answer a lot offensively and if the defense continues to grow..you can play the draft like a Gameboy.

Back
Top Bottom