This Elam kid.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Elam kid....

miamirick

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
For the most part, I am on board with just about everything that Saban has done thus far...but here is something that I feel the need to speak up about...

Although this kid, Abram Elam, the one with the "checkered past" to say the least, probably is a huge long shot to make the team and most likely won't even make a dent in the roster...I take issue with even looking at the guy...I have to say that it really is disgusting how far teams will go to look for so called talent.

He was one of four charged with sexually assaulting a female and the ONLY one convicted of FELONY SEXUAL BATTERY. When is enough enough? Is a murder conviction enough? Maybe child molestation?

Some will say that he has paid his debt to society, yada-yada-yada...but is this really the type of person that the Dolphins want on their team? Maybe this guy does have what it takes...I guess that will make it OK to cheer for a freaking sexual offender. In my opinion...it isn't.

From a fan's point of view...it has been proven time and time again that people with these types of troubled pasts eventually find their way back to trouble....remember the guy who once wore 34 before Ricky came along?

Like I said, the guy probably won't be around very long, but I really don't think that he even deserves the right to even wear a Miami Dolphin's practice jersey.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you.. And I dont think its fair to even compare Ricky with Elam.. Ricky isnt a rapist.

SkapePhin said:
I agree with you.. And I dont think its fair to even compare Ricky with Elam.. Ricky isnt a rapist.

Who compared Ricky to this guy? I didn't.

miamirick said:
Who compared Ricky to this guy? I didn't.

emember the guy who once wore 34 before Ricky came along?

I might have taken the comment out of context though... sorry.

I believe he's talking about the other freak of a 34 we had. The one who couldn't stay out of his neighbor's window.

Cecil "the Deisel" Collins.

I agree with the spirit of your post.

As an interesting aside, it begs the question:
Does our judicial system succeed in rehabilitating felonious criminals?

If not, then he shouldn't be given a chance, in my opinion.
If so, then we should assume that he has been rehabilitated, and perhaps he should be given a chance.

Personally, I think the judicial system does a piss-poor job at rehabilitation for people that commit felonies. It's more about punishment than rehabilitating people (and whether that's just or unjust I'll leave for a different discussion).

phinphanphrommi said:
I believe he's talking about the other freak of a 34 we had. The one who couldn't stay out of his neighbor's window.

Cecil "the Deisel" Collins.

Thats the one...no problem Scape.

I agree. I trust Saban's decisions, but that doesn't mean I agree with all of them. We don't need this type of person represented in the National Football League, period.

Yah I'm kinda on the fence about this kid to. It really hasn't been long enough to say he's even rehabilitated. It wasn't that long ago.

Oh hehe.. I forgot about Cecil the Diesel.. What did he do again? Didnt steal his neighbor's TV? What a dope!

Back
Top Bottom