This Front Office Frightens Me Despite The Win | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Front Office Frightens Me Despite The Win

100% success rate on draft picks? Don't know if that's ever happened in history.

But good on you for aiming high.
100% success rate on draft picks? Don't know if that's ever happened in history.

You are right. 100% on the draft has never been done. And quite frankly, it won't be done here either. But they MUST plug at least 7 starting spots by the end of next April's draft. They have 13 picks including !0 in the first 5 rounds
Some players can't take losing.

Minkah didn't want to play different positions.

0 and whatever is a toxic situation regardless. Doesn't mean the team is toxic if you know we're tearing it down and building it up.

Things didn't work out with Minkah. Over two different coaching staffs. I'd rather have him here, but I feel moving him was in the best interest of everyone involved, and being able to get a 1st round pick for such an unproven player was fair compensation.
You are missing the whole point that Minkah asked to be traded and didn't want to be here. And considering we likely will end up with virtually the same draft spot give or take a few it's not a bad trade. I am also of the thinking that S is one of the least important positions on an NFL team. I know I may get blasted for that but I would much rather replace that Minkah pick with an elite pass rusher or olineman going forward.
You are WRONG. We all know why Minkah did not want to be here. 2) A good FS stabilizes the entire secondary. I know because I played it. 3)The Dolphins will not get equal value because Pittsburgh will be drafting much lower than 11th. which is where Fitz was drafted.

I'll again state, I would loved to have Minkah. But honestly look at this "team" and you can see these street vendors actually playing TOGETHER and they are improving. Whomever is left on this team has the responsibility to play for their teammates and this team is doing that with sausage vendors playing. Blemish or not, Minkah wanted to and had to go. In the end, IF/WHEN/SHOULD this all come together, I think the message will be play together, be all in and win. That's always more important than one player. PERIOD.
But why not just teach the kid what you just stated. Not just put him out to the curb, to much talent to throw away, but anyway, it is water under the bridge and i am just stating that I thought it was a bad coaching mistake. That's not how i coach my team. I turn boys into men. Not let them quit because that are pissed or crybabies.

OP. Despite Minkah's performance FOR THE STEELERS, he was never going to take the Dolphins to the playoffs this year. And we all know why Minkah's not here: He wanted to play one position, he wanted to "win" and lastly he simply didn't' want to be here. Does that sum it up? He gone. I'm ready for the new players that want to be Dolphins and that play as a team. This years version of the Dolphins haven't won me over completely, but the fact that they tune out the noise and play for their coach and organization says more about them than it does for Minkah.

We may as well start crying now. Because Minkah Fitzpatrick WILL lead the AFC in interceptions at the end of the 2019 season. Having his ball hawking skills along with Xavien Howard could have given this team one of it's best secondaries ever. And I blame two people for this. I blame Coach Graham and I blame Chris Grier.

I have totally lost any faith I had in this front office. I was very excited when the Miami Dolphins hired Reggie McKenzie to work with Chris Grier in acquiring talent to get this franchise back where it belongs, which is on top of the AFC East. I saw Minkah Fitzpatrick interception yesterday which he took 90 yards for what turned out to be the winning score against Indianapolis. The Miami Dolphins traded a top 10 draft pick for what will turn out to be the 17th or 18th pick in next year's draft. I will call it right now. This is the WORST trade the Dolphins will have made since the infamous trade in 1984 when they traded WR Anthony Carter to Minnesota for LB Robin Sendlein. That play by Fitzpatrick made me sick to my stomach. So much so, that I can't look at Chris Grier's face without wanting to throw up. Yes, I know they won yesterday and I am very happy to not only getting off that 0 and whatever, but to beat the Jets. But if these guys don't hit on every acquisition next off-season, Ross MUST fire them all. And please, I don't want anyone coming on here telling me it's Fitzpatrick's fault because he wanted out without saying WHY he wanted out.

It’s not a bad trade if the player wants out....and it’s way early to proclaim Pittsburgh’s draft position...they face a rough schedule.

But if these guys don't hit on every acquisition next off-season, Ross MUST fire them all
Im not sold on the FO's ability to acquire talent (much harder than stocking up picks and cash), but this is the equivalent of stating that we need to cut the QB if he does not throw 50 TDs or fire the D coordinator if we give up a 1st down. Nobody hits on anywhere near all their picks and FAs...that's why it's a big deal that we have so many picks and so much $$. If we do average, we're getting a nice influx of talent.

But why not just teach the kid what you just stated. Not just put him out to the curb, to much talent to throw away, but anyway, it is water under the bridge and i am just stating that I thought it was a bad coaching mistake. That's not how i coach my team. I turn boys into men. Not let them quit because that are pissed or crybabies.
You coach boys. There is a difference with paid grown men. Sorry, but malcontents (I DON'T THINK MINKAH WAS ONE), can destroy teams. I think when they talked to him, he told the Dolphins, I won't be a part of this, I won't be a part of the future, keep me here at your peril. He's also paid. I think he'll have a great career, but he's gone. What would you have done because talking to him, telling him how they'd use him and telling him he's a part of the foundation of the team didn't work, getting paid didn't work. Just want your thoughts.

Name me a single time the Steelers offloaded a talented “problem” player who did better with their new team than they did with the Steelers.

First, I said off-load or let walk. Second, how they performed later on has nothing to do with the example especially where it can't be argued that Minkah has "done better." For cripes sake, its been a handful of games. If that's the criteria I can point to several games where Plaxico Burress and Mike Wallace had a handful of good to great games.

Winners don't pout and quit. End of.

I think the coaches blew it with Minkah asking him to play multiple positions. Allow him to become comfortable at say FS and build around the 2 pieces we had on D before you turn him into a rover. Let him succeed. First year coaches make these kind of mistakes.

I think the coaches blew it with Minkah asking him to play multiple positions. Allow him to become comfortable at say FS and build around the 2 pieces we had on D before you turn him into a rover. Let him succeed. First year coaches make these kind of mistakes.
While coaches blew it, Minkah stated himself that he wanted to play multiple positions. That's not debatable, he said THIS YEAR, in April:
“It’s exciting. It’s really exciting,” he said. “The scheme I ran at Alabama was kind of set up that way. It was based around the DBs. The DBs would move around, do different things, and obviously, we had a great d-line in front of us to support us and help us.
“I got excited when I heard about [what] we’re installing and what we’re doing. I like just moving and making plays. It’s a challenge, though, at the same time, but it’s definitely going to benefit us.”

This was not the coaches, it was from Minkah. However, it turned out, he wanted to do something different afterwards. Again, he simply didn't want to be a part of this team and he got traded. People want to continually bash the FO, but the facts are what they are.

You coach boys. There is a difference with paid grown men. Sorry, but malcontents (I DON'T THINK MINKAH WAS ONE), can destroy teams. I think when they talked to him, he told the Dolphins, I won't be a part of this, I won't be a part of the future, keep me here at your peril. He's also paid. I think he'll have a great career, but he's gone. What would you have done because talking to him, telling him how they'd use him and telling him he's a part of the foundation of the team didn't work, getting paid didn't work. Just want your thoughts.
First, I would make him think that he was a leader and huge contributor in the rebuild process, I would let him have freedom. I would use his suggestions and hold him accountable when things turn out either good or bad. I would also have him mentor the rookies coming on board, this builds major character. Have him focus on direction of his career and leadership skills, get his mind off the negatives. He has what I call the player blues, it's a immature reaction to a poor situation which I view as a really easy correctable situation. Just a few things that have worked for me over the years. I coach 19 and u and some are so mature for their age and some are like 14 year olds. I honestly believe that I have helped every player I have coached positively in some mental facet of the game(baseball) or life.

OP. Despite Minkah's performance FOR THE STEELERS, he was never going to take the Dolphins to the playoffs this year. And we all know why Minkah's not here: He wanted to play one position, he wanted to "win" and lastly he simply didn't' want to be here. Does that sum it up? He gone. I'm ready for the new players that want to be Dolphins and that play as a team. This years version of the Dolphins haven't won me over completely, but the fact that they tune out the noise and play for their coach and organization says more about them than it does for Minkah.
Bingo - And the dude played a soft 200 pounds

If they were trying to win this entire time we have bigger issues than this.

If we were trying to lose, Coach Flores would not be changing QBs back and forth. He keeps Rosen in, and with the talent around him, his confidence falls, he start hearing footsteps that are not there, and Miami probable does lose every game.

The issue actually is Miami's talent pool from last year was depleted, and Miami for the last 4 weeks has been far more competitive then they should be with the talent they have.

What do you think will happen once Miami uses it's high Cap in FA, and uses it's countless draft picks.

Things are not as horrible as you may think.

First, I would make him think that he was a leader and huge contributor in the rebuild process, I would let him have freedom. I would use his suggestions and hold him accountable when things turn out either good or bad. I would also have him mentor the rookies coming on board, this builds major character. Have him focus on direction of his career and leadership skills, get his mind off the negatives. He has what I call the player blues, it's a immature reaction to a poor situation which I view as really easy correctable situation. Just a few things that have worked for me over the years. I coach 19 and u and some are so mature for their age and some are like 14 year olds. I honestly believe that I have helped every player I have coached positively in some mental facet of the game(baseball) or life.
Not a bad take really. I like the leadership aspect of what you're saying. I think it's two fold though if you're telling someone you're a part of the future and you want them to be a leader. In my professional life, i have been extremely tough on those who have talent. I expect a lot, but I have also learned a lot from others. I have gotten 80% of my subordinates promoted to higher levels and I did it by not allowing them to NOT follow my lead. Maybe Flores didn't have time to get Fitz to go where he didn't want to go. That's what leaders do.

I am a Minkah fan. I wish him the honest best in life. But I also think Minkah could have been the foundation for the future defense.....had he "bought in." The players that are here have impressed me by buying in even in a bad situation. That's what leaders do. It's easy to be great in a great situation. I've seen some of these guys step up and stand out in a bad situation. IMHO, that's more impressive. Just my thoughts. Thanks Mcganiel.

Back
Top Bottom