This Front Office Frightens Me Despite The Win | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Front Office Frightens Me Despite The Win

While coaches blew it, Minkah stated himself that he wanted to play multiple positions. That's not debatable, he said THIS YEAR, in April:
“It’s exciting. It’s really exciting,” he said. “The scheme I ran at Alabama was kind of set up that way. It was based around the DBs. The DBs would move around, do different things, and obviously, we had a great d-line in front of us to support us and help us.
“I got excited when I heard about [what] we’re installing and what we’re doing. I like just moving and making plays. It’s a challenge, though, at the same time, but it’s definitely going to benefit us.”

This was not the coaches, it was from Minkah. However, it turned out, he wanted to do something different afterwards. Again, he simply didn't want to be a part of this team and he got traded. People want to continually bash the FO, but the facts are what they are.
You really think he's going to tell his new coach anything but what he wants to hear? I don't. He was moved several times last year and never really got comfortable anywhere, yet enjoyed some success. Your next contract depends on success, and if your constantly moving positions you lose leverage.

Last edited:
Minkah's issues smell to me like he (and his family) wanted to be in a spotlight … $$$$ … going to a team with a better chance of getting the positive recognition he needs ($pon$or$) … he couldn't wait 2-3 years for the team to become recognized … he bought in at first but when reality set in and his family got involved he pouted and quit … should have sent Jones with him … #quitters

He didn't play well in preseason or really even when the season started … so after he claimed to be super excited to the press either he couldn't deliver for our team or he quit on our team for self centered reasons

Just my opinion

These takes get more and more interesting by the minute. Fitzpatrick didn't want any part of this franchise. He won't be the last player who becomes unhappy with a situation that doesn't fit what they want to do. He will have a fine career, but bigger picture, the Dolphins made the best of a situation that would have been toxic. Hate it all you want, he had to be traded. So yeah, I'm coming here telling you that he wanted out. LMBO. Even if you don't embrace a tank (who would), this franchise already got a reboot and needed it in every way. I'm not 100% sold on Grier picking the groceries, but the man has given this franchise a chance to perhaps have sustainable success.

Perhaps losing every game is someones idea of successful tanking, but one win is one win. This team is showing progress with "The Replacements," showing up each Sunday to play in the NFL. That speaks much more to the potential of the Coaching staff, but the FO has gotten rid of pricey underachievers, stopped being cash strapped and positioned themselves with a gazillion picks. I have hope. At least the FO has given "some?"

Some here keep ignoring the fact the atrocious mentality of this team forced young talented players being used stupidly because they would hurt the tank ...to want OUT!
Who can blame them?

The question is, WHY did it become toxic? What is it about this franchise, this coaching staff, or front office that turns game changing players with such ace credentials coming into the league into toxic players who want to bolt?

Bottomline, the Dolphins jettisoned a game changing player who looks like he will fulfill all the hype he had coming in with another team, instead of here. And we will likely net a worse pick than what we used to take him in the first place, and lost several years of production in the process. That's a botched situation all around.

Winning organizations don't do that. Winning organizations capitalize on the mistakes of losing organizations, like the Steelers just did.

Without Minkah's net 14 point swing play, the Steelers lose that game. How often can you say that about any Dolphins player? Only Reshad Jones and Cam Wake have made such game changing plays in recent years.

Trading in a known commodity for a lotto ticket is a fool's game. It is practically assured that whoever we take with that Steeler pick won't be as good as Minkah. Probably the only way it will be worth it is if its used to package up for a franchise QB.

And take another 20 years to find a good FS

These takes get more and more interesting by the minute. Fitzpatrick didn't want any part of this franchise. He won't be the last player who becomes unhappy with a situation that doesn't fit what they want to do. He will have a fine career, but bigger picture, the Dolphins made the best of a situation that would have been toxic. Hate it all you want, he had to be traded. So yeah, I'm coming here telling you that he wanted out. LMBO. Even if you don't embrace a tank (who would), this franchise already got a reboot and needed it in every way. I'm not 100% sold on Grier picking the groceries, but the man has given this franchise a chance to perhaps have sustainable success.

Perhaps losing every game is someones idea of successful tanking, but one win is one win. This team is showing progress with "The Replacements," showing up each Sunday to play in the NFL. That speaks much more to the potential of the Coaching staff, but the FO has gotten rid of pricey underachievers, stopped being cash strapped and positioned themselves with a gazillion picks. I have hope. At least the FO has given "some?"
Excellent post, I agree 100%. I for one am excited about this coaching staff. To be competitive much less winning with the talent level of this team is encouraging to say the least. They have this team playing hard and discipline, that was all I was looking for this season. The future looks bright!!

Minkah is gone.....time to get over it. He didn't want to be here and the Dolphins moved him for a first round pick......perfectly fine with it.

From all I have read, they tried to get him to buy into the program, but he wasn't interested.

Great points all around.

I agree with all of them too as we have a mixed bag of messages coming out of phin town.

Clowney didn't want to sign, then Fitz wanted a trade and Drake recently wouldn't entertain a extension with the fins. Drake and Fitz are also playing very well and much better with their new teams. This is alarming and needs to be questioned why this happened. Logically I would have had us keep Fitz and probably Tunsil as I just do not see us getting their value back.

On the other hand we are the least penalized team in the NFL which I love and we are competing and just won a game in the NFL with probably the least talented roster in the NFL in over a decade. That shows superior coaching is taking place not seen around here since Shula.

Interesting to see Ross smiling and happy after the win yesterday, makes me really wonder about tanking for Tua and exactly what is happening within the phins office.

This is definitely a mystery novel for this team losts of twists and turns going on.

Honestly we need to look at the bigger picture here. The Fitz stuff was shaping up to become a distraction. Our team has shown marked improvement throughout the season. We are establishing a culture. We are one of the best teams at avoiding penalties. You can see on the twitter videos the team posts that Flores has NOT lost them at all. In a situation like the dolphins are in - you either need to be all in or not in at all. They likely traded him at the peak of his value and to a team that seemed to be giving us a pretty high first round pick (things have changed since then).

I think it’s interesting when people refuse to accept the reality of a situation because they don’t agree with it. Minkah didn’t buy in to what the coaching staff wanted to do. He met with everyone all the way up to Ross and he refused to be a part of the team. I understand it’s hard to get how things escalated to that point as a fan, but the simple truth is we will never know the full story. He was quickly becoming a locker room cancer and we still managed to get a 1st round pick out of the trade. It was a win for both teams.

Some here keep ignoring the fact the atrocious mentality of this team forced young talented players being used stupidly because they would hurt the tank ...to want OUT!
Who can blame them?
Mentality? There was no mentality which means that a culture change was necessary. If you're tender hearted enough to not want to conform to that change, then it is what it is. Minkah wanted out. Why make it harder than that? Blame him? I do and don't. ON the one hand be a professional and play the game. On the other hand, if you think you can only excel at one position, the coaches could be flexible enough to find out. At the end of the day, he wanted out. I would want players who want to be here. So yes...he didn't want to tank. Good for Minkah. He's a Steeler.

The only thing yesterday did was hurt our draft stock across the board.

yesterday was an awful day for our draft asset stock. It’s fluid but that was a rough day for us.

The only thing yesterday did was hurt our draft stock across the board.

yesterday was an awful day for our draft asset stock. It’s fluid but that was a rough day for us.
But we beat and embarrassed the Hated Jets. I'm good...YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom