This Front Office Frightens Me Despite The Win | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Front Office Frightens Me Despite The Win

I’m gonna bet we end up taking the short end of it in tbe long run.

Steelers didn’t miscast him.
He miscast himself too. Proudly wore the Swiss Army Knife Badge until he didn't. For crying out loud. You'd think he was the missing piece of a Super Bowl run. Loved the dude, but he's not coming back through the door. Someone else is. And he'll hopefully want to be a Dolphin.

It is best to take the players words into account. Minkah and his family stated that they were not happy about how he was being used by the coaching staffs from last year and the current year. I believe in the trust but verify principle. If we believe Minkah, then these are complaints about coaching. Why does The OP use this as a reason to loose faith with the front office?

He miscast himself too. Proudly wore the Swiss Army Knife Badge until he didn't. For crying out loud. You'd think he was the missing piece of a Super Bowl run. Loved the dude, but he's not coming back through the door. Someone else is. And he'll hopefully want to be a Dolphin.

Well at least you didn’t say he lacked the range to play free.

I have totally lost any faith I had in this front office. I was very excited when the Miami Dolphins hired Reggie McKenzie to work with Chris Grier in acquiring talent to get this franchise back where it belongs, which is on top of the AFC East. I saw Minkah Fitzpatrick interception yesterday which he took 90 yards for what turned out to be the winning score against Indianapolis. The Miami Dolphins traded a top 10 draft pick for what will turn out to be the 17th or 18th pick in next year's draft. I will call it right now. This is the WORST trade the Dolphins will have made since the infamous trade in 1984 when they traded WR Anthony Carter to Minnesota for LB Robin Sendlein. That play by Fitzpatrick made me sick to my stomach. So much so, that I can't look at Chris Grier's face without wanting to throw up. Yes, I know they won yesterday and I am very happy to not only getting off that 0 and whatever, but to beat the Jets. But if these guys don't hit on every acquisition next off-season, Ross MUST fire them all. And please, I don't want anyone coming on here telling me it's Fitzpatrick's fault because he wanted out without saying WHY he wanted out.
This post is stupid.

It is best to take the players words into account. Minkah and his family stated that they were not happy about how he was being used by the coaching staffs from last year and the current year. I believe in the trust but verify principle. If we believe Minkah, then these are complaints about coaching. Why does The OP use this as a reason to loose faith with the front office?
They didn’t use him any different than he was used at Bama

I don't think you can accurately grade the trade for 2 to 3 years but it's already up there with the worst all time Dolphin moves? C'mon, you're being very emotional and this is strictly business. The truth is the kid quit on us. We treated the kid with reverence, we drafted him in the first round and made his dreams come true and we started him right away and made the young man a very important player on our defense. Yes, we asked him to be a P Chung type player and fill many rolls but wasn't versatility one of the big pluses on this kid's resume? It certainly was! Then he, his agent and his mother want out. We sat him down many times in an effort to get him to change his mind but to no avail so we did the only thing left to do and that's to get back our investment on this player. Maybe we'll get a much better player than Fitzpatrick!!

I don't think you can accurately grade the trade for 2 to 3 years but it's already up there with the worst all time Dolphin moves? C'mon, you're being very emotional and this is strictly business. The truth is the kid quit on us. We treated the kid with reverence, we drafted him in the first round and made his dreams come true and we started him right away and made the young man a very important player on our defense. Yes, we asked him to be a P Chung type player and fill many rolls but wasn't versatility one of the big pluses on this kid's resume? It certainly was! Then he, his agent and his mother want out. We sat him down many times in an effort to get him to change his mind but to no avail so we did the only thing left to do and that's to get back our investment on this player. Maybe we'll get a much better player than Fitzpatrick!!
Again so much of this! Smh...people just don't want to understand.

I don't remember Minkah playing well when we did plug him in at FS. Now maybe the fault lies in our coaching, maybe he wasn't comfortable due to moving around so much. Hard to say as this would seem to be a sharp turn around for him. I might want to watch some Steeler games to see if it is indeed a turn around or just one good play that makes the highlight reel, before I call the trade a poor one.

Minkah didn't want to be here and wasn't going to be in our long term plans so why force him to stay for 5 years. We got the best deal we could for him and hopefully land a very good player who wants to be a Dolphins for the next 15 years.

I like Minkah coming out but didn't like how we were using him, anyone know his snap count and how Pittsburgh is using him?

Back
Top Bottom